Spotify Connect on RuneAudio

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Spotify Connect on RuneAudio

Postby janui » 13 May 2019, 21:19

Hi Ema_82,
Ema_82 wrote:...I get the spotifyd command list correctly. No error...
Thats great, then try this:
Code: Select all
/usr/bin/spotifyd --no-daemon
This is the line from spotifyd.service which is failing. You should get some more information by running it directly.
You may need to use this format in the 'ExecStart' line in spotifyd.service:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/spotifyd --no-daemon -c /etc/spotifyd.conf
janui
janui

Postby Ema_82 » 13 May 2019, 21:44

Thanks again janui,
this is what I get:

[root@runeaudio ~]# /usr/bin/spotifyd --no-daemon
22:41:13 [INFO] Using software volume controller.
22:41:13 [ERROR] Caught panic with message: called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os { code: 98, kind: AddrInUse, message: "Address already in use" }
Ema_82

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 22:53

Ema_82 wrote:Hello,
I'm new to RuneAudio and in the last few days I'm unsuccessfully trying to install spotifyd.
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with a Kuman SC07C Raspberry Pi HIFI DiGi+ Digital Sound Card (that I know it's more ore less equivalent to Hi-Fi Berry Digi+ and it uses the same driver). RuneAudio version is RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_
I followed all the instructions on https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd/wi ... spberry-Pi and I uncommented the line dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi on config.txt.
But when I start spotifyd.service and check its status, I get what you read in the picture.

Can someone help me to understand what the problem is?

Thank you

Don't know why you modified the config.txt file....the instructions don't say anything about uncommenting lines in the config.txt file.

I use it with a HAT as well, no issues. I would suggest putting the config.txt file back to its original state and restarting the service. Use the service information found in the instructions exactly.

I have installed this maybe a dozen times or more on different types of configurations, RPi's with HATS work especially well with no volume control issues.
dynobot

Postby Ema_82 » 13 May 2019, 23:11

Already tried with untouched config.txt: same error :-(
Ema_82

Postby dynobot » 13 May 2019, 23:33

Ema_82 wrote:Already tried with untouched config.txt: same error :-(

I have a HiFi Digi+ on hand, I'll try it on my end and see what happens.

Just for kicks can you copy and paste the contents and locations of these three files.

spotifyd.conf
spotifyd.service
spotifyd

Also the output of aplay -L
Oh and did you enable the I2S kernel in settings?

Thanks
D
dynobot

Postby Ema_82 » 13 May 2019, 23:43

Thanks for the help but I have already turned off the pc and I can only do this test tomorrow.
I did not enable the I2S kernel
Ema_82

Postby dynobot » 14 May 2019, 00:02

Ema_82 wrote:Thanks for the help but I have already turned off the pc and I can only do this test tomorrow.
I did not enable the I2S kernel

No worries I can't get the Digi running right now either.

But you will need to enable the I2S kernel because the RPi communicates to the HAT via I2S as its plugged into the GPIO pins.

More than likely the I2S not being enabled is your problem....just enable it, let it load and reboot. Provided your files are in the correct locations and have the correct info in them you should be fine.
dynobot

Postby Ema_82 » 14 May 2019, 09:12

I'm at work, so I can't do the tests now, but I think it is useful to make some considerations:

1) RuneAudio, via its interface, works like a charm. I played music from a powered HDD without any problem and, when I tried it, I didn't have to change anything in the config.txt.
2) I'm pretty sure that the spotifyd files are in the correct paths.
3) I would tend to exclude that the problem could be in spotifyd.conf, considering that "Every field is optional; Spotifyd can even run without a configuration file" (https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd)
4) The .service file is in folder path /usr/lib/systemd/system/ and, as you can see in the picture in my first post, it seems to be correctly found and loaded, but it stops immediately. So I think there is something wrong with this service, and maybe the log part I attached here could be useful to find what causes the problem.
Ema_82

Postby dynobot » 14 May 2019, 14:48

Ema_82 wrote:I'm at work, so I can't do the tests now, but I think it is useful to make some considerations:

1) RuneAudio, via its interface, works like a charm. I played music from a powered HDD without any problem and, when I tried it, I didn't have to change anything in the config.txt.
2) I'm pretty sure that the spotifyd files are in the correct paths.
3) I would tend to exclude that the problem could be in spotifyd.conf, considering that "Every field is optional; Spotifyd can even run without a configuration file" (https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd)
4) The .service file is in folder path /usr/lib/systemd/system/ and, as you can see in the picture in my first post, it seems to be correctly found and loaded, but it stops immediately. So I think there is something wrong with this service, and maybe the log part I attached here could be useful to find what causes the problem.

That line about everything being optional is not exactly true. You need spotify premium to use connect and the file has your credentials....
dynobot

Postby Ema_82 » 14 May 2019, 21:27

dynobot wrote:
Just for kicks can you copy and paste the contents and locations of these three files.

spotifyd.conf
spotifyd.service
spotifyd

D

/root/.config/spotifyd/spotifyd.conf

[global]
username = USER
password = PASS
backend = alsa
device = card 1
# Given by `aplay -L`