Shairport Name

Raspberry Pi related support

Shairport Name

Postby HarmlessSaucer » 27 Feb 2015, 23:17

Hey guys,

Firstly to the devs... Incredible work. Best collection of tools into a great solution I've seen! Amazing!

Only thing I'm gettng stuck up on is Shairport. I've setup shairport on my Raspi before, but now I'm struggling to get it to name what I want.
Ideally I'd like to have a Space in the name of the airport share. "Raspberry Pi" as an example.
When I change the Rune config it simply doesn't show up anymore to devices. When I config it in /usr/lib/systemd/system/shairport.service the same happens.
Apparently putting a space in the --name breaks it. I've tried quotes and same deal.

Any ideas?
HarmlessSaucer

Re: Shairport Name

Postby hondagx35 » 28 Feb 2015, 01:03

Hi HarmlessSaucer,

in the good old days when LINUX was young, no one ever would have thought of putting a space in a filename or parameter. It simply wasn't done—just as you'd never do that on a DOS system. Names were short, succinct and well-formed, like readme.txt.

Most of the Linux command-line utilities and the shells themselves have been designed based on the premise that a space delimits a field value rather than being an acceptable component of a name.

But if it is your will :)

Code: Select all
Raspberry\ Pi

should do the trick.
hondagx35

Re: Shairport Name

Postby HarmlessSaucer » 28 Feb 2015, 18:53

Are you serious? I missed that?
I need to lay off the wine when attempting these things!

You are however right... and a space wasn't NECESSARY, but I was more wondering why i could get it to work before by using quotes, but this time I couldn't.

Thanks tho! :D
HarmlessSaucer

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi