Set Up for HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR

Raspberry Pi related support

Set Up for HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR

Postby foxint » 07 Dec 2018, 07:39

Hi guys…

Season’s greetings.

I just got the HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR for my birthday. I was using the HiFiBerry Digi + and that was excellent. I have Pi3

Is there a step-by-step guide for the new DAC+ Pro XLR?? I could not find one and the only thread I found, the screen shots are different from what I have.

If there is a new version of rune, I do not know as there is no update button. I have not touched the base lynx since I first got it many years ago.

Can I say from the start I am a real novice when it comes to lynx and it is really hard? So if there are any guys willing to lend a hand, I would be most grateful. Then I will leave you alone until the next crisis…

Thank you.
foxint

Re: Set Up for HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR

Postby janui » 07 Dec 2018, 08:59

Hi foxint,
foxint wrote:I just got the HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR for my birthday. I was using the HiFiBerry Digi + and that was excellent….Is there a step-by-step guide…
It depends on which version of Rune you are using.
In pre-V0.4 you need to edit a file called /config.txt. If you plug your SD Card into your PC you get access to this file. This line needs to be commented out by adding a # as the first position, like this:
Code: Select all
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
And this line needs to be uncommented by removing the # in the first position, like this:
Code: Select all
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

With Rune V0.4 and later there is a menu option in the Settings UI which selects the output device (I2S kernel modules). Just change the device and reboot. In V0.5 your new DAC is listed, in V0.4 you need to choose the 'HiFiBerry DAC +'. After a reboot you need to select the output card in the MPD UI.
You can download V0.4 here: runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html#p19960
You can download V0.5 here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819
janui
Last edited by janui on 07 Dec 2018, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
janui

Postby foxint » 07 Dec 2018, 09:11

Hi Janui

Thank you.

• I think I have v.0.4 – it is in the credits section?
o So that means I do not have to touch the code? (I do not know how to do that.)
• I cannot find “output device” in Settings. There is nothing called “output device”
• Can I download v0.5 directly to the Pi – via the internet (not sure how). I remember last time it was a nightmare copying the file to the little card and I kept getting it wrong. I am not sure if the old laptop works.

Thank you.
foxint

Postby foxint » 07 Dec 2018, 09:14

Hi Mate
I clicked on the link and not sure which one or what to do? I have Pi3. There are a number of links
foxint

Postby janui » 07 Dec 2018, 13:47

Hi foxint,
foxint wrote:I think I have v.0.4 – it is in the credits section?
Can you find 'I2S kernel modules' in the Settings UI?
No, then you have 0.3. Yes, then you have 0.4 or 0.5.
foxint wrote:I cannot find “output device” in Settings. There is nothing called “output device”
It is called 'I2S kernel modules'.
foxint wrote:Can I download v0.5 directly to the Pi
No, you need to download it to another computer. Instructions for writing the image to the card are here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... art-guide/
foxint wrote:I clicked on the link and not sure which one or what to do? I have Pi3. There are a number of links
The one which says 'B2: 20180903_runeaudio_rpib2.img.gz for the Pi 2B, 3B and 3B+' is the correct one.
janui
janui

Postby foxint » 07 Dec 2018, 20:55

Hi Janui

Thank you.

I think I will try and download V0.5. Will all depend on if the old laptop works. Hope I can work it out. It is always totally confusing.

My gut feel is the old laptop will not work. Can it be loaded to the card via USB cable and windows through my main PC? The only other device that uses the little simm cards is my phone – can this work?

Can I unzip it to an external HDD?? I am not sure of the flasher function.

Thank you.
foxint

Postby foxint » 08 Dec 2018, 03:24

Hi Guys

Thank you

Some of it worked…but no noise.

I decided to update to V5. All good, I think. It has taken all morning and now after 1pm – so over 6 hours. So, I hope you can understand, I get very tired and frustrated. Takes a long time…but it is worth it…ha-ha.

I am using an old board the Pi2media 520DAC – that was working yesterday. Now not.

All the setting, radio stations the lot gone – but I guessed this would happen.

I took screen shots of the pages and then tried to recreate these. Hope you can help????

Problem:
1. MPD Configuration
a. Audio Output – No dropdown and it says: Nothing selected
b. How do I get something in it?
c. I rebooted.
2. Network
a. The IP address changed to what I loaded in my browser
b. Can we change this back the XXX.XXX.X.31
c. It is XXX.XXX.X.36
3. Hope this is it

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is all very strange.

Thank you.
foxint

Postby foxint » 08 Dec 2018, 04:31

Guys

Great NEWS... I managed to get the IP Address sorted. After quite a number of restarts.... The Pi2502 I can hear the radio....yippy

Now I will try the HiFi Dac

Thanks
foxint

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi