RuneUI trough bluetooth??

Raspberry Pi related support

RuneUI trough bluetooth??

Postby psykoknarf » 11 Feb 2018, 01:35

Hi everybody

I’ve a lot of Pi3 at home and 2 of them are running with RuneAudio

I’ve on each 2 256Go usb key, and it work great.

Now, I’d like to put those Pi3 on the car (one on mine, and one on my girlfriend’s car). I’d like to manage them with our smartphones trough the bluetooth (wifi is fixed to sinchronise with the server at home, when we are on neibourhood).

Is it possible to use the RuneUI (or an app) with the bluetooth? And if yes, how to configure this way?

Thanks in advance
psykoknarf

Re: RuneUI trough bluetooth??

Postby janui » 11 Feb 2018, 14:11

Hi psykoknarf,
There is no simple way of using bluetooth in the way which you describe. But you can use the access point function to connect in your car. This will work in the same way you describe for bluetooth.
    1. Activate the access point function in the PI,
    2. Connect to the Pi Access point with your smartphone (SYSID: RuneAudioAP, Password: RuneAudio - it will connect automatically if there is no other registered access point close by, SYSID and password can be changed),
    3. Connect to the UI with '192.168.5.1' (this can also be changed).
Your existing WiFi configuration will still work for synchronising.
The Access Point functionality is available in these images:
for Pi 2/3B: runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html#p19960 and: runeaudio-0-3-beta-for-raspberry-pi-t502-520.html#p23625
for Pi B+/Zero/Zero W: raspberry-pi-zero-support-in-0-4-t3711-70.html#p20577
There is a possibility that it will not work 100% correctly if the Pi started when your synchronisation WiFi is in range. Let me know if this is a problem.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi