[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby R101 » 28 Feb 2019, 18:51

Hi rern,

I am afraid it does not make any difference whether the line is there or not. The text scrolls on my Firefox desktop, as well as the Android Tablet.

I have tried deleting and recreating the bookmark.

The bookmark was the first item on the Library page before the problem update, afterwards it had moved to last item.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Throttling when using webradio on local browser

Postby vennesch » 01 Mar 2019, 14:30

Hi there,

I love the enhanced UI. But the problem is, when I use my local browser (which I prefer) and when I play webradio, my RPI 3B is directly throttling. This is only the case when I am in the playback screen. I find it kinda strange because it is not the most difficult task to perform for this CPU I guess.

Already tried to set turboboost to 0 and to put GPU-mem at 32/64/128/512 but that did not resulted in a solution.

Can you recommend any settings in my config?
And if not, is it possible to have the option to turn off the animated VU meter? (would be a pitty, but then at least I could enjoy the rest of the eye candy)...

My configuration:
RPI 3B, Hifiberry Dac Plus, fast 32GB card, hooked up to receiver and tv, bluetooth disabled, webradio via WiFi
RuneAudio. 0.5B build 10 (tried 7 and 9 with same results)

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Simon
Last edited by vennesch on 01 Mar 2019, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
vennesch

Postby rern » 01 Mar 2019, 15:04

R101 wrote:I am afraid it does not make any difference whether the line is there or not. The text scrolls on my Firefox desktop, as well as the Android Tablet.

I have tried deleting and recreating the bookmark.

Fixed. Soon to be released with next update.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Re: Throttling when using webradio on local browser

Postby rern » 01 Mar 2019, 15:17

vennesch wrote:I love the enhanced UI. But the problem is, when I use my local browser (which I prefer) and when I play webradio, my RPI 3B is directly throttling. This is only the case when I am in the playback screen. I find it kinda strange becouse it is not the most difficult task to perform for this CPU I guess.
And if not, is it possible to have the option to turn off the animated VU meter? ...

SSH command: top will show you which one is consuming your CPU cycles. (Sort the list by press shift-R key.)

The VU meter is just a 120KB gif file.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Re: Throttling when using webradio on local browser

Postby vennesch » 01 Mar 2019, 15:26

rern wrote:
vennesch wrote:I love the enhanced UI. But the problem is, when I use my local browser (which I prefer) and when I play webradio, my RPI 3B is directly throttling. This is only the case when I am in the playback screen. I find it kinda strange becouse it is not the most difficult task to perform for this CPU I guess.
And if not, is it possible to have the option to turn off the animated VU meter? ...

SSH command: top will show you which one is consuming your CPU cycles. (Sort the list by press shift-R key.)

The VU meter is just a 120KB gif file.

rern

Thanks rern. I have made screenshot. I don't know how to interpretade it but this only occurs with UI add on installed. Any thoughts?
Schermafbeelding 2019-03-01 om 15.23.26.png
Schermafbeelding 2019-03-01 om 15.23.26.png (129.41 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
vennesch

Postby AndyF » 01 Mar 2019, 18:36

Hi rern,

adding/deleting CoverArt-Bookmarks don´t work anymore. It seems to work only on "normal" bookmarks. If you delete a CoverArt-Bookmark the bookmark still remains even after reload.

Edit: After starting a webradio-playback it works now. *strange*
Previous test was with empty playlist ...

Where are CoverArt-Bookmarks stored (to manually remove, if needed)?

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby rern » 02 Mar 2019, 15:58

AndyF wrote:...
adding/deleting CoverArt-Bookmarks don´t work anymore. It seems to work only on "normal" bookmarks. If you delete a CoverArt-Bookmark the bookmark still remains even after reload.

Edit: After starting a webradio-playback it works now. *strange*
Previous test was with empty playlist ...

Where are CoverArt-Bookmarks stored (to manually remove, if needed)?

There are some bugs in bookmarks arrangement and renaming which just have been fixed. To be released with next update.

thumbnail.jpg files for coverart bookmarks are right there in each bookmarked directory.
- Delete - show star icon
- Replace - force bookmarks to show replaced images
- Add - show images instead of icon for directories without coverart files / embedded

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby vennesch » 03 Mar 2019, 12:24

@rern looking at my screenshot, can you point down where the unusual CPU-load comes from? I googled the PSID but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance
vennesch

Postby rern » 04 Mar 2019, 11:03

vennesch wrote:... looking at my screenshot, can you point down where the unusual CPU-load comes from? I googled the PSID but can't find anything.

It's animation things that RPi doesn't do it well.
Blinking dots and animated VU meter. A simple CSS keyframes rule and a small animated gif are what it takes to consume that high CPU cycles. (while it can render HD movies just fine.)

So for local browsers, Midori or Chromium, I'll replace both with static ones instead.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby vennesch » 04 Mar 2019, 12:06

rern wrote: So for local browsers, Midori or Chromium, I'll replace both with static ones instead.

rern

Awesome, thanks! I will install the UI Enhancement soon again to check
vennesch

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi