[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby Toube » 26 Dec 2018, 11:24

One other thing I notice was that the top control buttons disappeared after the update.
Now I'm not sure if I dare to try and update it again.. well if goes the same way and Network mount stops working etc. I have to resore the image again from my working backup..

-Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 26 Dec 2018, 12:13

Sorry.. my wifi seemed to be messed up.. So all good.. false alarm :)
But the top play and pause buttons still missing though..
Toube

Postby rern » 26 Dec 2018, 14:03

Toube wrote:...
One other thing I notice was that the top control buttons disappeared after the update.
Now I'm not sure if I dare to try and update it again.. well if goes the same way and Network mount stops working etc. I have to resore the image again from my working backup..

Top bar buttons will be hidden if Playlist is empty.

You apparently know how to get back when things went wrong. That's good.
If you're not comfortable wasting 10 minutes or so for the restore, please wait a few days until no bugs reported before update.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Toube » 26 Dec 2018, 14:08

rern wrote:
Toube wrote:...

Top bar buttons will be hidden if Playlist is empty.

You apparently know how to get back when things went wrong. That's good.
If you're not comfortable wasting 10 minutes or so for the restore, please wait a few days until no bugs reported before update.

rern

Hi rern,

just realized the playback buttons functionality :)
So update went well. But if I uninstall the UI Addon, it will brick the whole system and render the it completely unusable (tried it twice).
I haven't though tried uninstalling it with an older UI Enhancement version.
Has anyone tried uninstalling the UI addon with similar result or is it just my setup?

-Toube
Toube

Postby AndyF » 26 Dec 2018, 14:32

@Toube

No problems with uninstalling so far.

I had problems with "original" UI yesterday. Dirble was not reachable and this is huge performance down (not with UIenhanced). Library was nearly unusable. It took a while to figure it out... So it looked like, that uninstall is broken, but it wasn't.

Regards Andy
AndyF

Postby Toube » 27 Dec 2018, 07:20

Hi guys,

So when using my Pixel XL mobile phone the playback bar is not visible even if something is playing. Also the lower bar is not visible either.
Same for the configuration menu on the top right.. it is also not visible me with my Pixel XL chrome browser.

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby cmh714 » 27 Dec 2018, 16:49

Not sure I really want to get involved but doesnt the UI Enhancement basically get rid of the top and bottom bars??

I have a Pixel 3XL and everything looks fine in chrome, but I guess I would ask why arent you using the Rune app on your phone?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .runeaudio
cmh714

Postby Toube » 27 Dec 2018, 18:16

cmh714 wrote:Not sure I really want to get involved but doesnt the UI Enhancement basically get rid of the top and bottom bars??

I have a Pixel 3XL and everything looks fine in chrome, but I guess I would ask why arent you using the Rune app on your phone?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .runeaudio

Hi,

Yes I use the Rune app and both the app and Chrome are missing the bottom bar and top playback bar when using my Pixel XL.
I also tested this using Desktop Windows 10 Chrome with F12 dev tools where you can simulate a mobile device and same phenomenon there too.

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 01 Jan 2019, 09:50

Hi rern,

did a fresh install and updated to latest janui-20180903-7 version.
Installed Rune UI enhancement and tried the mobile but still same problem. No playback bar on top.
At least now I could uninstall it without the system getting faulty.

Happy New Year!

Regards,
Toube
Toube

Postby MikeC » 01 Jan 2019, 18:21

I had a chance to go over a number of devices with the latest Enhancement and R5update7:
This regards the display of "buttons" - in all cases "Playback Items - Buttons" was selected:
Old cheap ZTE phone - No buttons displayed, very intermittent response to left/right swaps: close to useless.
Old Note 2 phone - No buttons displayed, slightly better left/right swaps: I could deal with it.
Newish LG phone - No buttons displayed: Excellent response to left/right swaps
Newish Lenovo 8" tablet - Buttons are displayed: Excellent response to left/right swaps
Chrome on Windows 7 desktop - Buttons are fine.

This is basically just for reference. I can well understand any reluctance to put some effort into older devices. Using these devices is simply a personal choice on my part. As the resident 'old geezer', I don't carry a phone full time. I keep older (inactive) phones on my music cabinets. I only turned on the Enhancements to check progress. Although I really like the ability to customize displays; the players work well without Enhancements.

Edit>>>
I just noticed that the Repeat/Random buttons don't show up on any of the 3 phones, Ok on tablet. And also, no way to change the settings on 3 smaller devices.

MikeC
MikeC

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi