[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby PierreG64 » 28 Nov 2018, 13:50

Pierre,

It works for me, so there must be something different about your setup. Is it just your files you cannot see, or do you not get any library items at all?

What other addons do you install? Have you expanded the partition? Does a source scan seem to work? Are all the library items ticked?

Hi,

I will describe my installation.

on an empty card I installed the version runeaudio 0.5b.
I launched the raspberry pi 3b.
I went to the dev mode, dev mode = on.
In mode dev: "install rernaddons"
dev mode = off
cleaned the firefox cache
reboot
Then i went to "menu", "addons", "RuneUI enhancement", "Install".
and after i have the new skin.
i can click on all the menu, taskbar buttons, everithing works except the taskbar button "library".
nothing happens, not even the color change showing that we clicked on it.
in the libray items, all is ticked.

I have not installed anything, or even configured my i2s sound card and i am on ethernet for the moment.
After a new clear cache, reboot, uninstall, change mode dev to on, re-install runeUI enhancement, always the same problem.
I gave up and came back to the original RuneUI.

I noticed that during the installation of runeUI enhancement, he tries to change the midori config he can not find. This questions me because midori has been replaced by chromium on this version of runeaudio.

Maybe it will work on a upcoming update.

In any case, I thank all those who tried to help me.

Pierre
PierreG64

Postby R101 » 28 Nov 2018, 13:58

The only difference I can see with your installation is that you have not updated the 0.5 download and have not expanded the partition after downloading the addon menu. I don't know why that would make any difference, though.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 28 Nov 2018, 14:23

Hi Pierre,

Try:
- Add some music files to USB or network storage
- Menu > Sources
- If network storage, add new mount
- Rebuild library

If there's no songs in Library, it won't let you in. (I'll do some improvement about it.)

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby PierreG64 » 28 Nov 2018, 19:08

Hi Pierre,

Try:
- Add some music files to USB or network storage
- Menu > Sources
- If network storage, add new mount
- Rebuild library

If there's no songs in Library, it won't let you in. (I'll do some improvement about it.)

rern

Thank you so much rern,

With the mounting of a USB key, il worked.
I was able to access to my library.

Pierre
PierreG64

Postby rlsten » 29 Nov 2018, 00:13

I've been having a problem with the SD button not working when I add a USB Hard Drive to /mnt/MPD/LocalStorage. This is what happened:

Fresh install of Rune .04b 20170229 image on a Raspberry Pi3. No screen. Ethernet. Wireless AP turned off, not connected to any WiFi network.
On Sources, turned Library Auto Rebuild off.
In Settings, turned USB Automount and Local browser off.
Added 2 Network shares from Synology NAS.
Created the directory 5TBHDD under /mnt/MPD/LocalStorage.
Edited /etc/fstab to mount a 5TB USB Hard Disk to /mnt/MPD/LocalStorage/5TBHDD.
Rebooted and updated the library.

Once the library was built, everything worked perfectly--I could access music on both the hard drive and the network and it played flawlessly. The total amount of music from all the sources is huge--the mpd.db file is over 16mb. But everything worked fine. (I have been using these settings for years with no problems on many different Rune setups and images, both with and without the UI Enhancements installed--the problem I am having now has only started in the past month or two).

I then installed the Addons and expanded the file system.
Finally, I installed the UI Enhancements, which was successful.

At that point, the system slowed to a crawl. All the buttons were non-responsive for several minutes; finally all the buttons worked, except the library button. After a much longer time, the library button worked, but the SD button, which used to access folders located in LocalStorage, was totally non-responsive. I was able to access the Network drives at this point. (By the way, the items on the Hard Drive were still properly mounted to /mnt/MPD/LocalStorage/5TBHDD--and I am pretty certain they are still the mpd database).

I experienced the same problem when I reversed the process--that is, I added the USB Hard Drive to the same setup that had the UI Enhancements already installed. The system slowed down and, after a long wait, the Library button worked, but the SD button was non-responsive.

In both cases, it clearly was the addition of the USB Drive to a system with the UI Enhancements that was the problem. When I removed the Hard Drive, everything returned to normal.

What the problem means for me is that I can either have a system with both a USB Drive and Network Storage, but with no UI Enhancements, or a system with the UI Enhancements, but no USB Drive. Of course, the enhancements, particurly the index bar, is very handy with a large collection.

Any idea what could be going on here? Has there been a change in how the Enhancements handles items in the /mnt/MPD/LocalStorage folder? Does the system break down trying to get a total count of the large number of items on the Hard Drive?

If there was a way to modify runeui.js to add just a functioning index bar, without the other enhancements, that would work for me, although I would miss the other wonderful enhancements, such as the elapsed time for the currently playing item on the play list page and many other things.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!

Rod
rlsten

Postby rern » 29 Nov 2018, 04:37

Hi Rod,

1. Edit LocalStorage database fetching:
Code: Select all
sed -i "s|\$root\( === 'LocalStorage/'\)|substr( \$list, 0, 13 )\1|" /srv/http/enhance.php

Then try SD in Library again.

2. Time the counting with:
time /srv/http/enhancecount.sh

It shows how long before Library can be accessed. It should take less than 0.3 second for 10,000 songs in a USB drive.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rlsten » 29 Nov 2018, 15:45

rern wrote:Hi Rod,

1. Edit LocalStorage database fetching:
sed -i "s|\$root\( === 'LocalStorage/'\)|substr( \$list, 0, 13 )\1|" /srv/http/enhance.php

Then try SD in Library again.

2. Time the counting with:
time /srv/http/enhancecount.sh

It shows how long before Library can be accessed. It should take less than 0.3 second for 10,000 songs in a USB drive.

rern

Hi rern,

I tried 1. and SD still didn't work. I tried 2. and it said user was 19 seconds. I then rebooted, and the system was non-responsive again. The USB drive's activity light was flashing during this process. I SSH'ed in, and ran 2. again. I got 1455818m51.788s, which seems a bit extreme. It was more like 6-8 minutes before I had access to most controls, except library. Playback of music in a preexisting play queue from the network started again, but the play queue showed nothing. Only the playing now page indicated what was being played.

I ran 2. again and got 20 seconds.

After another 3-5 minutes, I could access the library page. Also, the play queue displayed the items being played. But SD still didn't work.

I ran 1. again, and SD still didn't work.

I uninstalled the UI Enhancements from the Addons page, and LocalStorage showed the 5TBHDD files, which played fine.

Sorry to be such a pain :?

Rod
rlsten

Postby vennesch » 06 Dec 2018, 09:09

Hi I'm running 0.5b (v5) and installation of add ons was no problem. I extended the partition. After reboot I can't connect to addons server. I edited the addonslist sh and PHP according to @Popov posts, but no solution so far. Any ideas? Is there a possibility to uninstall the addons menu and install it again? Thanks in advance
vennesch

Postby RG1 » 07 Dec 2018, 11:09

Hi,
really like Ui Enhancement. Lot's of additional features and possibilities for customization.
But at the moment to me it looks like there is a little regression. Airplay Mode shows the spinning wheels even after a couple of songs and UPnP mode shows not full metadata - I can see original filename from mediaserver.
Running 0.5 beta (with gitpull to -5) on RPi3, using different external Browsers. Is there anything I can change to get metadata display like in vanilla runeUI. Have tried 0.4 beta but no success.

Thanks for reading.
RG1

Postby R101 » 07 Dec 2018, 15:20

Hi rern,

I have been giving v0.5 a run, and notice that when in the Library the top-bar icons do not change appearance when operated. They function OK, but the background colour does not follow the function.

Edit: Same thing in 0.4b.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi