[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneUI Enhancement

Postby Yatsushiro » 21 Dec 2016, 12:45

rern wrote:
mo86 wrote:Does this enhancement also work with Remote App for Android devices?

It works on browser based RuneUI only.

Are you sure? My Rune Audio App on my Nexus 6P shows your enhancements.
Yatsushiro

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 13:04

My Rune Audio app on my Nexus 5 shows the enhancements but I am not able to scroll down to see the bottom part of the screen.

I think these enhancements would be great if they were baked into the next release of Rune and allows users to toggle on what screen size their controller is....this way the GUI would be more suited to the screen size.
dynobot

Postby Yatsushiro » 21 Dec 2016, 13:07

dynobot wrote:My Rune Audio app on my Nexus 5 shows the enhancements but I am not able to scroll down to see the bottom part of the screen

There is no 'scroll' - you only need to single tap in the bottom LH corner to see the library, playback and playlist buttons.
Yatsushiro

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 13:16

On my phone the bottom half of the GUI is cut off by the screen, I see no buttons or anything else to tap into....

I'll post some pics when I get home.
dynobot

Postby Yatsushiro » 21 Dec 2016, 13:21

dynobot wrote:On my phone the bottom half of the GUI is cut off by the screen, I see no buttons or anything else to tap into....

On my phone, if you single tap in the background bottom left of the circular 'progress' indicator, it brings up the bottom bar with all three buttons - tap again and they disappear!
Yatsushiro

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 13:29

Yatsushiro wrote:
dynobot wrote:On my phone the bottom half of the GUI is cut off by the screen, I see no buttons or anything else to tap into....

On my phone, if you single tap in the background bottom left of the circular 'progress' indicator, it brings up the bottom bar with all three buttons - tap again and they disappear!

I think your phone the Nexus 6P is a bit larger than mine the Nexus 5. On my phone the circular 'progress' indicator is cut off....I only see about the top 1/8th of the indicator.

If I try to swipe to see the bottom or in any direction nothing happens.
dynobot

Postby ianhaynes » 21 Dec 2016, 13:42

I have the same issue with my smaller Lumia 920, as noted earlier in this thread. It would be good to have scroll enabled if the screen size or viewport is below a specific limit.
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby R101 » 21 Dec 2016, 13:58

First, pasting the command into an ssh window works a treat. Thanks for making it so easy.

I am using a 7" Android tablet with the RuneUI app. As not all users are using the same device or setup options, I can see it will be impossible to satisfy everyone.

I prefer to have no cover art and no volume control, so I have lots of space on the playback display. With these settings, the layout looks odd. It would look better if the time circle was moved to the centre and slightly lower when the art is not displayed. I can see that if the art and volume control are displayed, the cramped look might be necessary to get everything on the vertical screen.

I believe a share button does not belong on a serious audio player and I would like to be able to hide it.

I find it easy to hit the Android desktop button when aiming for the Playback button so would like all buttons to be as large and as far away from each other as possible. (Perhaps 4 buttons in the bottom bar instead of 3?) I would prefer the play/pause function to toggle in the conventional way, rather than play-to-pause and pause-to-play.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 14:21

R101 wrote:First, pasting the command into an ssh window works a treat. Thanks for making it so easy.

I am using a 7" Android tablet with the RuneUI app. As not all users are using the same device or setup options, I can see it will be impossible to satisfy everyone.

I prefer to have no cover art and no volume control, so I have lots of space on the playback display. With these settings, the layout looks odd. It would look better if the time circle was moved to the centre and slightly lower when the art is not displayed. I can see that if the art and volume control are displayed, the cramped look might be necessary to get everything on the vertical screen.

I believe a share button does not belong on a serious audio player and I would like to be able to hide it.

I find it easy to hit the Android desktop button when aiming for the Playback button so would like all buttons to be as large and as far away from each other as possible. (Perhaps 4 buttons in the bottom bar instead of 3?) I would prefer the play/pause function to toggle in the conventional way, rather than play-to-pause and pause-to-play.

How about having only the Artwork and buttons to play, library and settings.

This seems to be the normal screen set-up for smaller devices like phones etc.
dynobot

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 14:30

Like R101 said, I know it will be difficult to please everyone.

But I just want to throw this out there

Interface A = phones [two types large and small]
Interface B = Tablets [two types large and small...maybe one type will do]
Interface C = Computer Screen

Have a toggle for the above screen types and us users can figure out which seems to be best for the screen size.

For example, with my smallish phone maybe a large progress circle should be hidden and the only the artwork should be visible....and so on. I think users posting pics and some "Civil" discussion could result in a compromise that would fit most peoples needs.

Of course all these 'wishes' would fall into the OP lap to complete. So if he has a paypal account I'd be more than happy to send a donation or a e-beer etc. for my gratitude.
dynobot

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi