[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby R101 » 21 Oct 2018, 20:37

Hi rern,

It is not possible to view the whole playlist with a touch screen. Scrolling of the list only works OK in a browser with scroll bars.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Update 20181022

Postby rern » 22 Oct 2018, 14:02

Update 20181022
- Long-press for toggle item settings were moved to main menu
- Add browsing by Album Artist
- Fix bugs

cmh714 wrote:@rern, looks good. works on .5 for me except the settings/menu/gear overlay from the Time knob. that does nothing for me. the one on the cover art works....
****ALSO - Dirble and Jamendo dont do anything either :)

Fixed.

Toube wrote:...
Does the latest update support the YouTube cue icon button as well on the cue? A previous version did not support it?

Wait for an update from @tuna.

R101 wrote:...
Not so sure about the hidden menus, though. I would prefer a preferences entry in the main menu.

I am not sure what advantage 0.5 has for anyone using your enhancements. Will you continue to develop 0.4b in future, or concentrate on 0.5?

Good point. Since it will not be used quite frequently, the long-press for toggle item setting were moved to main menu.
For the time being, 0.4b is still the version RuneUIe based on.

R101 wrote:It is not possible to view the whole playlist with a touch screen. Scrolling of the list only works OK in a browser with scroll bars.

Fixed.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Toube » 22 Oct 2018, 17:08

Great news @rern thanks
Toube

Postby R101 » 22 Oct 2018, 21:21

rern,

Great to be able to pick up the tablet without accidentally bringing up the menu! Thanks.

One minor thing - the Album Artist icon on the library page is not included in the menu, and it seems to bring up track artists rather than the album artist.
R101

Postby cmh714 » 22 Oct 2018, 23:34

rern wrote:Good to know it works on 0.5 as well.
The tapping top-right of Time knob and Dirble-Jamendo bugs will be fixed in next update.
By the way, try hide everything except Cover art and enable Large Cover art. With hidden Time and Volume knobs - toggle with top-left of Cover art, you might like it.

rern

Yes Sir! that is the way I prefer it. Just reporting the bugs to assist :)
Last edited by cmh714 on 23 Oct 2018, 01:35, edited 2 times in total.
cmh714

Postby rlsten » 22 Oct 2018, 23:59

The add-ons look great! Just a few things:

1. When I was playing music that didn't have any cover art and only left the large cover art item visible, I could only see the playback; there was no top or bottom menu, and no way I could figure out how to get either or both of them back. Also, swiping left or right didn't change pages.

2. When the library items menu is displayed it appears lower than it used to, so on my 7" Raspberry Pi screen in landscape mode the bottom of the menu is cut off, meaning I can't save any changes. Also, the album artist category can't be hidden anymore (What is an album artist anyway; I've never been able to figure that out :| )

3. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose between a separate pause button and just having the play button; I personally liked having just the play button, but it was good to have a choice.

4. This may not have anything to do with the addons, but I can't seem to choose to turn on dev mode from the development page. Is that because it isn't needed?

Thanks again for all your work on this!

Edit: I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3; Rune Version .4b 201702029
rlsten

Postby klassikmann » 24 Oct 2018, 12:24

@rern
> - Add browsing by Album Artist
"Album Artist" does not appear in the "Library items" list.
RPI 3B + HifiBerry Digi+ Pro + rAudio-1
klassikmann

Postby rern » 24 Oct 2018, 16:12

R101 wrote:...
One minor thing - the Album Artist icon on the library page is not included in the menu, and it seems to bring up track artists rather than the album artist.

klassikmann wrote:...
"Album Artist" does not appear in the "Library items" list.

Fixed.

rlsten wrote:...
1. When I was playing music that didn't have any cover art and only left the large cover art item visible, I could only see the playback; there was no top or bottom menu, and no way I could figure out how to get either or both of them back. Also, swiping left or right didn't change pages.

2. When the library items menu is displayed it appears lower than it used to, so on my 7" Raspberry Pi screen in landscape mode the bottom of the menu is cut off, meaning I can't save any changes. Also, the album artist category can't be hidden anymore (What is an album artist anyway; I've never been able to figure that out :| )

3. There doesn't seem to be a way to choose between a separate pause button and just having the play button; I personally liked having just the play button, but it was good to have a choice.

4. This may not have anything to do with the addons, but I can't seem to choose to turn on dev mode from the development page. Is that because it isn't needed?

1. Did it happen with music which have cover arts? Normally you can swipe between pages, right? The update might fix it.
2. Fixed. Album artist - albums which songs not performed by the same artists such as tribute albums.
3. The option was removed. Try using cover art as playback controls replacement. You might find no use of all default buttons.
4. Fixed.

Anyone who has tried:
- Dragging Library home items and Playlist to rearrange
- Library browsing by album, artist, album artist, composer and genre
- Renaming bookmarks, webradios and saved playlist
Please report.

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby cmh714 » 24 Oct 2018, 21:15

rern wrote:
Anyone who has tried:
- Dragging Library home items and Playlist to rearrange
- Library browsing by album, artist, album artist, composer and genre
- Renaming bookmarks, webradios and saved playlist
Please report.

rern

All working for me...
cmh714

Postby R101 » 25 Oct 2018, 19:20

Hi rern,

I am having a problem adding albums to the playlist. Only the Add option works. Anything else, such as Replace/Play gives a notification that the list has been replaced, but leaves the playlist blank. Webradio files work OK, but local or network files do not.
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi