[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneUI Enhancement

Postby rawdevice » 20 Dec 2016, 12:42

Hi rern,

Thanks for this enhancement! I installed on two of my pi2b RuneAudio setups, the first manually and the second using your 1 line copy-paste command. Everything works as described except the RuneAudio logo is not displayed on the top bar.

I have tried different browsers but none of them show the logo. For some reason, neither of my installs likes the .svg image format.
rawdevice

Postby ianhaynes » 20 Dec 2016, 14:38

The package now installs/uninstalls smoothly, thanks. Some feedback.

The mobile view probably depends on the phone and browser types. On a Windows phone with IE11 mobile there are a few issues. Unfortunately it won't scroll upwards to let you see the volume control. Additionally the side swipe doesn't work and less significantly, performer names and song titles that wrap onto two lines are left justified.

The only other mobile device I can test on is an old iPod and I can't get to the volume control on that either, but I'm sure this isn't representative of current devices.
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby rern » 20 Dec 2016, 15:25

rawdevice wrote:Hi rern,

Thanks for this enhancement! I installed on two of my pi2b RuneAudio setups, the first manually and the second using your 1 line copy-paste command. Everything works as described except the RuneAudio logo is not displayed on the top bar.

I have tried different browsers but none of them show the logo. For some reason, neither of my installs likes the .svg image format.

Not yours. My bad! I missed 1 file, /etc/nginx/nginx.conf. Now it's included.
Please uninstall and reinstall again.

ianhaynes wrote:The mobile view probably depends on the phone and browser types. On a Windows phone with IE11 mobile there are a few issues. Unfortunately it won't scroll upwards to let you see the volume control. Additionally the side swipe doesn't work and less significantly, performer names and song titles that wrap onto two lines are left justified.

The only other mobile device I can test on is an old iPod and I can't get to the volume control on that either, but I'm sure this isn't representative of current devices.

Swipe - Please try tapping on the left of the screen for the volume and on the right for buttons. It's the same as swipe, those yellow dots in the animations.
Anyone knows how to deal with this issue please advice.

Text alignment - Fixed.

Coding is more enjoyable with your feedback!
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby dynobot » 20 Dec 2016, 15:56

Hi rern, this is a great enhancement!!!

Being able to tweak the GUI makes a huge difference....and these are some very smart enhancements too. :D

Now that I know which files to manipulate I think I will go in and 'personalize' things a bit more.
dynobot

Postby ianhaynes » 20 Dec 2016, 15:59

Swipe - Please try tapping on the left of the screen for the volume and on the right for buttons. It's the same as swipe, those yellow dots in the animations.

OK got it, but I still can't see all of the volume control. This must be down to the mobile screen size.

Last edited by ianhaynes on 20 Dec 2016, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby mo86 » 20 Dec 2016, 16:54

Hi rern!
Your enhancement looks very nice! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Does this enhancement also work with Remote App for Android devices?
mo86

Postby donimo » 20 Dec 2016, 21:41

Hi Rern,
A bit of feedback as promised. My setup is Raspberry Pi3 connected to a Waveshare 5 inch HDMI screen. I chose the Waveshare on price and size, and as long as it is a revision 2.1 it works well.
My findings so far;
Settings/turn off/boot OSMC/reboot/shutdown - all do nothing, and power-off at the mains is required, which i'm guessing will eventually corrupt an sd card?
The lyrics display as described but wont scroll on the waveshare display
There is no 'rune audio' icon on the waveshare display
'Get info' (tap on artist or album) does not work on the waveshare display
(All the above are fine on my Android OnePlus One) see image below - I am happy with this :)
The next two images show my waveshare display playing a radio station and an MP3. Both show that there appears to be too much blank screen, in my opinion, and text is too small and album art is too small.
Is it possible to achieve the look of the mobile device on the waveshare? they are about the same physical size?

I have set the zoom level to 0.85 in the midori.config file. If I set it any closer to 1.0 then images overlap.
Kind Regards,
donimo

Postby dynobot » 21 Dec 2016, 00:38

Hi Rern

I noticed that on my phone I have lost the ability to scroll up to see the bottom half of the screen.
dynobot

Postby rern » 21 Dec 2016, 02:43

donimo wrote:Settings/turn off/boot OSMC/reboot/shutdown - all do nothing, and power-off at the mains is required, which i'm guessing will eventually corrupt an sd card?

This was fixed.
It's something to do with my Dual Boot: Rune | OSMC (Pi2, Pi3) thing and about-to-release RuneUI GPIO. The latter needs root permission to access some system files.
Please ./uninstall.sh and install again.
(Uninstalling will restore files to originals and delete all added ones. It should be fine to do it again and again.)
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 21 Dec 2016, 02:48

mo86 wrote:Does this enhancement also work with Remote App for Android devices?

It works on browser based RuneUI only.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi