[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby englishtim » 06 Apr 2018, 16:32

Hi rern,

Many thanks for the update - all looking good!

The only minor issues I've found so far with this version are as follows:

• I had a recurrence of the occasional spinning arrows and "Connecting..." message after installing the new version. Uninstalling and reinstalling Chromium seems to have fixed this;
  • On the Playback screen, numeric values for bits / kHz / kbits are completely empty with M4A files (either ALAC or AAC) - all I see is "bit kHz kbits/s", with no numerals. These values were present when playing M4A files in the previous version. Other file-types (e.g. MP3) show numeric values correctly in the new version.

I'll update this post if I find any other issues.

I have one piece of constructive feedback about the hyperlinked zones on the Album Art. The hyperlinks are a really nice idea, and extremely helpful on devices with restricted screen-sizes. However the UI itself doesn't give users guidance about precisely where the zones are within the album art image, or what they do - at present users need to refer to the instructions in this forum-thread. Is there any way to display the zones and their functions temporarily - for example an overlay that appears when the mouse rolls over the album image (on PC) or when the album image is double-tapped (on touchscreen devices)?

Thanks in advance!

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ > Behringer UCA202 >
    • Denon RCD-M38DAB > KEF Cresta II
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S > Sennheiser HD 650
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B > Behringer UCA202 > Sansui AU-317 > Celestion SL6
englishtim

Postby rern » 08 Apr 2018, 04:36

englishtim wrote:... numeric values for bits / kHz / kbits are completely empty with M4A files (either ALAC or AAC) - all I see is "bit kHz kbits/s" ...

Fixed.

englishtim wrote:I have one piece of constructive feedback about the hyperlinked zones on the Album Art. The hyperlinks are a really nice idea, and extremely helpful on devices with restricted screen-sizes. However the UI itself doesn't give users guidance about precisely where the zones are within the album art image, or what they do - at present users need to refer to the instructions in this forum-thread. Is there any way to display the zones and their functions temporarily - for example an overlay that appears when the mouse rolls over the album image (on PC) or when the album image is double-tapped (on touchscreen devices)?

Now long-press on the top of cover art = toggle controls overlay
Each control on overlay can be used the same as of cover art ones.

Please update and report.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby englishtim » 08 Apr 2018, 10:28

Hi rern,

Thanks for looking into this so quickly! The numeric values for M4A files now show correctly.

The album art "help" overlay nearly works - a long-press in the top zone brings up a "broken image" icon in the top-left, instead of the overlay itself. This seems to be caused by a missing "controls.png" image-file - I've ftp'd a copy of controls.png from this thread (resized to 230px square) into the correct location on my RPi, and it now works fine.

Thanks again for all your work with the add-ons feature and the enhanced UI - it's greatly appreciated. IMHO RuneAudio is by far the best audio OS out there, and your work is helping to make an excellent product even better.

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ > Behringer UCA202 >
    • Denon RCD-M38DAB > KEF Cresta II
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S > Sennheiser HD 650
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B > Behringer UCA202 > Sansui AU-317 > Celestion SL6
englishtim

Postby rern » 09 Apr 2018, 03:28

englishtim wrote:... a long-press in the top zone brings up a "broken image" icon in the top-left, instead of the overlay itself. ...

Fixed.

Now toggle with tap on ether top corners instead of long-press top.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 10 Apr 2018, 09:26

I am having some problems now when using the pause/play function in the progress indicator. It is very easy to register two touches instead of one and I often go to stop, or bring up a menu, when trying to return to play.

Would it be better to have all context menus under the menu button, rather than a long press?

Edit:

There is a bug which occurs if stop is pressed when listening to a radio stream which has a scrolling display.

If the display is static when stop is pressed, the displayed information is now replaced by "Radio", which is much tidier than leaving the display unchanged.

If the display is scrolling when stop is pressed, it tries to scroll "Radio" until the page is refreshed.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 16 May 2018, 14:22

R101 wrote:I am having some problems now when using the pause/play function in the progress indicator. It is very easy to register two touches instead of one and I often go to stop, or bring up a menu, when trying to return to play.

Would it be better to have all context menus under the menu button, rather than a long press?

The tap / long press gestures are used in other functions as well. What is your device? A local screen or a remote browser?

R101 wrote:...
There is a bug which occurs if stop is pressed when listening to a radio stream which has a scrolling display.

If the display is static when stop is pressed, the displayed information is now replaced by "Radio", which is much tidier than leaving the display unchanged.

If the display is scrolling when stop is pressed, it tries to scroll "Radio" until the page is refreshed.

Fixed.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 16 May 2018, 16:14

Thanks for the fix.

I use a 7" tablet as a remote control, and it is remarkably easy to invoke an unwanted menu when picking it up.
R101

RuneUI Enhancement - Major Update

Postby rern » 10 Jun 2018, 15:38

Major Update

Available now.
    Show Webradio sampling info in Playback while stop
    Show consistent Webradio icon, name and url in Library and Playlist
    Show Webradio URL in Library
    Show Webradio name on initial load of saved playlist
    Hide duration if Playlist contains Webradio
    Minimalize Playback on empty Playlist
    Webradio pause = stop
    Fix and improve random with previous next
    Add show/hide MPD in display setting
    Add above countdown = MPD button
    Add below countdown = stop
    Change cover art gestures (tap top shows overlay guide)
    Fix Library back button in Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers
    Fix Composer in Library
    Sort without leading articles, A / An / The
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby ianhaynes » 10 Jun 2018, 20:44

FWIW this update to the Lyrics add-in wasn't indicated alongside the Menu link at the RHS of the main window.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby R101 » 10 Jun 2018, 21:29

Thanks for this update rern. When do you sleep?

It looks good on the PC, but I immediately had some problems with the 800x480 local Pi touchscreen. The aspect ratio and spacing between graphics is wrong, and touching top left to restore the hidden buttons gets you a chromium browser displaying the Rune Audio Pi forum.

If the UIe is not compatible with a 7" Pi touchscreen, that's fine. Having a local browser does seem to cause a lot of problems.
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi