[Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] RuneUI Enhancement

Postby aygunal » 13 Dec 2017, 19:10

Hi again,

Several bugs I've found in latest build are:
- On iphone once you swipe left and right to see sources or playlist and turn back to now playing page it not possible to swipe up and down to see the menu bar. You have to close and restart browser to fix it (until you access playlist or sources once again).

- If you hold the phone horizontally there are empty pixels above menubar
IMG-7402.PNG
IMG-7402.PNG (57.6 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

- While using airplay iphone screen shows just spinning dots
IMG-7406.PNG
IMG-7406.PNG (4.19 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

- On local browser detailed information screen shows either no information and spinning dots
IMG-7403.JPG
IMG-7403.JPG (89.73 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

or you see information about another artist and spinning dots again. Is there any way to completely disable this layer, as it slows down runeaudio and causes lags in music.
Last edited by aygunal on 13 Dec 2017, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
aygunal

Postby aygunal » 13 Dec 2017, 19:29

IMG-7407.JPG
IMG-7407.JPG (111.74 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

- On local browser menubar in sources and playlist screens is actually not on top of screen, there are some empty pixels above menubar.
IMG-7404.JPG
IMG-7404.JPG (59.93 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

- On local brower while playing via airplay, now playing screen shows some other content (actually last song from mpd mode)
IMG-7405.JPG
IMG-7405.JPG (76.66 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

- Album covers are much clearer when you access runeui from iphone compared with images when you access runeui from local browser. Either image resizing works not so well in local browser or image quality of raspberry official screen is really bad. Album covers embedded in my flac files are 1000x1000px, I guess runeui resizes them to 400x400px.

- Mpd update in addons menu causes midori to crash. It directly fails while being launched during startup of runeaudio. I tried to uninstall midori-rune and install midori. That worked but could not get rid of address bar on top.
aygunal

Postby rern » 22 Dec 2017, 11:50

cmh714 wrote:...the browser tab now says "RuneUIe" :)

Or matbe thats the way it should be if you enhance it.....hmmm

Good eye.
RuneAudio for http://www.runeaudio.com
RuneUIe for RuneUI Enhancement
RuneAddons for Addons Menu

Otherwise they'll always be too long and truncated in tabs.
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby rern » 22 Dec 2017, 12:51

@aygunal

On iphone once you swipe left and right to see sources or playlist and turn back to now playing page it not possible to swipe up and down to see the menu bar. You have to close and restart browser to fix it (until you access playlist or sources once again).

Fixed.

If you hold the phone horizontally there are empty pixels above menubar

It may be fixed with other bugs in this update.

While using airplay iphone screen shows just spinning dots

It's fine on 0.3 but failed on 0.4b. I'll look into it.

On local browser detailed information screen shows either no information and spinning dots
or you see information about another artist and spinning dots again. Is there any way to completely disable this layer, as it slows down runeaudio and causes lags in music.

I think it's the screen saver feature that can be disabled by set ScreenSaver time in Settings to -1

After update, you can use touch gesture on coverart:
- swipe left/right = previous/next buttons (existing gesture on song info area only)
- tap = play/pause button (existing gesture)
- long-press = stop button

Now only Settings button needs menu bar.

Please update and report.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 26 Dec 2017, 20:46

Edit:

Does the "hide top/bottom menu when <800px" enhancement mean that no controls ever show on a 1024 x 600 netbook, and 1280 x 800 laptops only show control icons if the browser is full-screen?

The Android app on my 7" tablet has stopped scaling the alphabetical selection characters.

If I view the tracks in an album file, some of the tracks are not shown in the right order. If I send the file to the playlist, the order in the playlist is correct.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby rern » 03 Jan 2018, 14:39

R101 wrote:Does the "hide top/bottom menu when <800px" enhancement mean that no controls ever show on a 1024 x 600 netbook, and 1280 x 800 laptops only show control icons if the browser is full-screen?

Fixed.

The Android app on my 7" tablet has stopped scaling the alphabetical selection characters.

Fixed.

If I view the tracks in an album file, some of the tracks are not shown in the right order

in Library, songs in each directory are sorted by their filenames.
Do the tracks have track numbers in front of their filenames?
Or it might be missing leading zero in single digit tracks.

If I send the file to the playlist, the order in the playlist is correct.

In Queue, there is no sorting.
I must have missed something.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby R101 » 03 Jan 2018, 17:53

Thanks for this, rern.

Display is now OK on a laptop, but the 1024 x 600 display does not show the top/bottom menu, even in full-screen mode. I don't know why, because if I use Firefox in Responsive Design Mode with this size setting, it works. Presumably the netbook reports a smaller size than it actually has. It did work on earlier updates, though.

The alphabetical bar is still trying to show the full alphabet on the Android app when I look at the USB album list.

I have just noticed that the Album files being displayed out of order only occurs on the Android and it is just two files out of place in each of the albums I have looked at. The display is correct on a desktop browser. Sorry for not checking that before.
R101

Postby R101 » 13 Jan 2018, 13:26

rern,

The top/bottom menus now appear on a 1024 x 600 display when the cursor touches the border, thanks.

The problems I have with the alphabet bar not scaling, and descending characters being cut off when scrolling, only occur with the Android remote control app. The original Android browser used with the Rune IP address does not show these problems.

The original Android browser does still display some music files out of order. I tried installing Chrome, but that would not open the Library page at all, although other pages and functions were OK. Everything works properly with Firefox, and files are shown in the right order.

The app installer does now warn that the Rune remote control app is not optimised for my Android 5.1.1 device, which I do not think it did when I originally installed it.

In short, deleting the Android remote control app, and using Firefox instead, has fixed all of my remaining Rune UI bugs.
R101

Postby rern » 21 Jan 2018, 05:49

If I view the tracks in an album file, some of the tracks are not shown in the right order

Fixed.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby hondagx35 » 21 Jan 2018, 11:28

Hi all,

rern wrote:

Fixed.

What is the right order? Alphabetical? As listed by mpc (e. g. mpc ls "NAS/Musik/Audiophile")?

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi