RuneAudio Temporarily Unavailable NOW regularly

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio Temporarily Unavailable NOW regularly

Postby R101 » 20 Jan 2019, 11:58

foxint,

If you have to ask these questions, I do not think you should be using fixed IP addresses.

ETH0 is the cable interface and WLAN0 is the wireless interface. You cannot use both at the same time. Decide which one you want to use, then apply the advice you have already been given.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby englishtim » 20 Jan 2019, 12:18

Hi Foxint,

1. What is the difference between ETH0 and WLAN0

ETH0 is the Pi's Wired Ethernet interface. WLAN0 is the Pi's Wi-Fi interface. If they're both active (i.e. showing a green tick in the Pi's Networks page) then your router will assign a different IP address for each one.

2. How would I assign an IP Address to the Pi via the modem?

I can't give precise instructions here, as every router manufacturer is different - you'll need to read your router's manual to do this. Look for something like "Address Reservation" or "DHCP Reservation", and enter the IP address you want for each of the Pi's network interfaces.

When you assign a fixed IP address you'll need to enter the MAC address for that particular network interface - the MAC address is a completely unique ID for every network interface. It'll look something like "a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6" (the exact numbers will be different, of course). With luck it'll be included in the list of 28 DHCP addresses that you mention - otherwise you can find it in the "###### Network interfaces (ifconfig) ######" section of the Pi's Debug page (about 2/3 the way down - there are separate sub-sections for "eth0" and "wlan0", and you'll be looking for the number in the line that starts with "ether"),

I hope this helps,

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ > Behringer UCA202 >
    • Denon RCD-M38DAB > KEF Cresta II
    • Pro-Ject Head Box S > Sennheiser HD 650
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B > Behringer UCA202 > Sansui AU-317 > Celestion SL6
englishtim

Postby eea123 » 20 Jan 2019, 13:43

Ahh, who would have thought there'd be a benefit of having an older Raspberry 2B with only an ethernet connection? I'm sure I would have been fighting the same thing when I got mine running a year ago, but would likely apply the advise to REM out the WiFi enabling settings in the config file.
eea123

Postby foxint » 20 Jan 2019, 23:03

Thank you.

Obviously, E = ethernet and W = wireless. Just like DCHP = ?????ha-ha.

I suppose to stop any potential conflict (is there a conflict) we should turn off the wireless. Can this be done via the interface?

I do not want to use wireless – this “should make it simpler”
foxint

Postby englishtim » 21 Jan 2019, 16:05

Hi foxint,

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) is a standardised way of identifying devices within a network, irrespective of which vendor provides them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_H ... n_Protocol

I suppose to stop any potential conflict (is there a conflict) we should turn off the wireless. Can this be done via the interface?

Yes, easily. Go to RuneAudio's 'Network' configuration page, and look for a green tick or a red cross on each of the network interface buttons. If your wired ethernet connection to the Pi is healthy there should already be a green tick on the 'ETH0' button.

If there's a red cross on the 'WLAN0' button your Pi's Wi-Fi is already disconnected and you don't need to do anything else.

If there's a green tick on the 'WLAN0' button as well as on the 'ETH0' button then click on the 'WLAN0' button, click 'Show' under 'Wi-Fi stored profiles', and delete all stored profies except 'Test'. That will disconnect your Pi from all Wi-Fi networks - when you go to the 'Network' config page again you should see that the 'WLAN0' Wi-Fi connection now has a red cross on it. That's all you need to do.

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
englishtim

Postby foxint » 21 Jan 2019, 23:10

Thank you.

I went to the Wlano it had a green tick. I went into the Wi-Fi network interface. It has been scanning for network for over 45mins. So I have no idea.

When I go back to the front page there remains a green tick. The Pi was not connected and I had to connect again. Close the browser and tried again....turned the power off/on

Now I get the page I copied above....RuneAudio is starting-up. The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.

just gets better...ha-ha

Still connecting....5min, 10min...15min...25min....I think it needs a rest. I will turn it off and go and get some shoes for the children
foxint

Postby englishtim » 22 Jan 2019, 00:12

Hi foxint,

If there's a green tick on the WLAN0 button it means that your Pi is already connected to a Wi-Fi network.

As mentioned in my previous post you need to click on the WLAN0 button to bring up the 'Wi-Fi networks in range' page and then click the 'Show' button to list the Wi-Fi profiles. There's no point in waiting for the scan to finish, because the Pi's already connected. Click each stored profile in turn (except 'test', again as mentioned previously), and delete it.

As for the 'starting up' message, it can take a few minutes to clear and bring up the UI. Precisely how long depends on your model of Pi and whatever else might be going on on your network, so be patient.

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
englishtim

Postby foxint » 22 Jan 2019, 06:09

Hi - thanks for the information.

Finally after re-booting everything, we are back.

I have 6 in the wi-fi, 2 of which are mine. But I have NO idea how to delete. There is no delete button.

Yes I must be stupid....
foxint

Postby englishtim » 22 Jan 2019, 14:16

Hi foxint,

Click the button for one of the stored Wi-Fi profiles that appear when you click the 'Show' button. In the profile's page you'll see a 'Disconnect-Delete' button.

The only stored Wi-Fi profile that doesn't have this button is the 'test' profile, which is present by default.

Peace and friendship,
englishtim
Synology DS918+ NAS >
englishtim

Postby foxint » 22 Jan 2019, 22:47

Sorry mate.

Thanks for the help.