RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby jlynton » 04 Oct 2018, 16:01

janui wrote:Hi jlynton,
Could you run these commands and post the results:
Code: Select all
avahi-resolve -n runeaudio.local
avahi-browse -atrkp
Thanks,
janui

Thanks, have pm'd you the results. They have info about my network that I would rather not post publicly.
jlynton
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 May 2016, 12:53

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby jlynton » 04 Oct 2018, 16:57

janui wrote:What you could try is to modify the file /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
Look for the line containing 'use-ipv6=' and change the 'yes' to 'no'. In most places IPv6 is disabled in RuneAudio, avahi could get into problems because the config file says that IPv6 is OK.

Brilliant, works perfectly. Thank you so much!
jlynton
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 May 2016, 12:53

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby popov » 04 Oct 2018, 20:11

Hi

After 3 days I have an issue after a client reboot... I will remove ipv6 from default conf
popov
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 11 Oct 2014, 16:13

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 05 Oct 2018, 08:09

Hi jlynton,
jlynton wrote:janui wrote:
What you could try is to modify the file /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
Look for the line containing 'use-ipv6=' and change the 'yes' to 'no'. In most places IPv6 is disabled in RuneAudio, avahi could get into problems because the config file says that IPv6 is OK.

Brilliant, works perfectly. Thank you so much!
Thanks for the testing and feedback. I will include this in the next update.
janui
User avatar
janui
 
Posts: 392
Joined: 20 Dec 2014, 12:55
Location: Ollanda

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby gearhead » 05 Oct 2018, 16:38

popov wrote:Hi

After 3 days I have an issue after a client reboot... I will remove ipv6 from default conf


@popov,

IPv6 is enabled on the Pi2 image only. It is needed for Chromium. If you are not using a local browser on Pi2/3, it should be safe to disable it in the /boot/cmdline.txt file. Make sure on the settings page that local browser is off. If you are using a local browser on Pi2, though, Chromium will not launch and may cause instability. I am not aware of any other dependency which will cause a problem if IPv6 is disabled. The Pi1 image has ipv6 disabled at boot.

Keith
gearhead
 
Posts: 89
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 06:04

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby popov » 06 Oct 2018, 07:58

Hi

As you say ipv6 is not used at archlinux level.
And you’re right if we left ipv6 in avahi-daemon.conf, There is strange message on network...

Some may have the same small issue a got with this avahi.

From Linux I solve the name but after a long time (hours or days), I may loose the mane (I.m using jeedom).
This came in fact from my local network configuration, my box, not runeaudio. As some time I loose name, and some client have an issue with runeaudio.local. I chose to provide a dhcp reserved adress to runeaudio. This permit me to move runeaudio with no issue, and be able at home if I loose the name to know the ip.

In fact this configuration is blocking from Linux client a functionality with permit not loosing the name.

So I remove it to get normal dhcp
Don’t do very long tests so wait and see. But at network level I can see request witch are not existing before.

That all issues regarding runeaudio.local are solved

O.5 is solving for me windows client (mobile and edge) issues from 0.3 or 0.4. If android is ok

Thank to all for this version

Popov


Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
popov
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 11 Oct 2014, 16:13

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby Leobo71 » 06 Oct 2018, 20:44

Hi
I have Raspi Zero W whit JustBoom dac zero. Ver.0.5 work perfect for me.
Thanks for this release and sorry for my bad English.
Very nice http GUI Menu, JustBoom DAC Zero work great, web radio and streams from Mac or Phone perfect.
Great job im very happy.
Leobo71
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 Oct 2018, 20:25

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby nkwhahaha » 07 Oct 2018, 14:54

i try to install 0.5 to my pi 3 b+ , but it freeze on the starting screen?
Is it related to my sd card problem? Thanks!
nkwhahaha
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Oct 2018, 14:45

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby jlynton » 09 Oct 2018, 15:54

janui wrote:Hi jlynton,
jlynton wrote:janui wrote:
What you could try is to modify the file /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
Look for the line containing 'use-ipv6=' and change the 'yes' to 'no'. In most places IPv6 is disabled in RuneAudio, avahi could get into problems because the config file says that IPv6 is OK.

Brilliant, works perfectly. Thank you so much!
Thanks for the testing and feedback. I will include this in the next update.
janui

Sorry to say, but after a few days the runeaudio.local address has stopped working again. I saw popov referred to removing ipv6 in default.conf, where is that file?
jlynton
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 20 May 2016, 12:53

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby Navi Charlotte » 10 Oct 2018, 02:47

--- Edit ---

So I got it working :D by download and burn again. I suppose the first time i got a corrupted image. My fault for not verifying the checksum.

So for anyone having trouble: verify file integrity after download :P

--- Edit end ---

Hello! thanks for the amazing work

nkwhahaha wrote:i try to install 0.5 to my pi 3 b+ , but it freeze on the starting screen?
Is it related to my sd card problem? Thanks!


I downloaded the image, and I am having the same issue as the person above. I have a pi 3B+, boot up is aborted with a kernel panic. :(
Navi Charlotte
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Jan 2016, 13:11

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests