RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby jlynton » 01 Oct 2018, 13:20

janui wrote:Hi jlynton,
jlynton wrote:try: http://runeaudio.local or http://runeaudio. or http://runeaudio
Thanks again Janui, but none of those work.
It is possible that 'lease time' on your router is set to a relatively long time. This could cause it to remember the link between the IP address of your v0.4b Rune and 'runeaudio.local' for longer than you would expect. 'runeaudio.local' could therefore point to the wrong IP address.
The easiest way to test this is to start v0.5b, access it via it's IP address and change its hostname in the Settings UI. Then try to access it via 'http://your-new-name.local'.
This problem is really puzzling us, hope this helps.
janui

Sorry, been out of town for a bit.

Thanks, I have tried your suggestions, Janui, but still no luck, puzzling, but as I can reach it via the IP address, I am not terribly worried about this.

A new problem has come up though. I am using a Pi 3B with a JustBoom AMP Hat running 0.5beta with gitpull done this morning. At first it appeared to work fine, but suddenly it stopped responding to the volume control and will only play at maximum volume. It is set to Volume Control 'enabled-hardware' and volume knob, 'realtime' (have tried 'on release' as well, same result). If I set it to Volume Control 'enabled-software' the volume control works correctly.
I have tried the same hardware with 'Volumio', and with 'enabled-hardware' the volume control works correctly.
jlynton

Postby cmh714 » 01 Oct 2018, 14:36

not sure you care or maybe not aware, but when you enable hw or sw for volume control, you are NOT bit perfect anymore....you may want/need the convenience over the quality....YMMV :)
cmh714

Postby jlynton » 01 Oct 2018, 14:58

cmh714 wrote:not sure you care or maybe not aware, but when you enable hw or sw for volume control, you are NOT bit perfect anymore....you may want/need the convenience over the quality....YMMV :)

Thanks, yes I am aware, that is why I want to be able to use the hw setting.
jlynton

Postby janui » 01 Oct 2018, 22:26

janui

Postby jlynton » 02 Oct 2018, 18:58

My hardware volume control is now working beautifully thanks to Janui's fix at hardware-volume-control-not-working-t1204-10.html#p26013

The only other slight problem that I have noticed so far is that the volume + and - buttons below the rotary slider (which is smooth, a delight to use), sometimes do not respond at all, and otherwise are unpredictable, increasing or decreasing the volume by what seem to be random amounts, either 1, 2 or 3 + or - respectfully.

This is by no means a deal-breaker, in general 0.5b seems to work very well, sound lovely (except when my wife listens to crooners! ;) ), And is definitely, to my mind, preferable to volumio, which I have used as a backup system for a few days.
jlynton

Postby satlover1 » 03 Oct 2018, 11:06

Hello,i try to update the music library on 2 different nas servers and the problem is that my library stuck on both of them.is it a way to see from ssh wiich file has the problem ,so i can remove it, i think there isa way to see the online log.thanks
satlover1

Postby hondagx35 » 03 Oct 2018, 11:29

Hi satlover1,

in most cases, errors or non-music files in the library cause such problems.
RuneAudio relies on MPD to scan the library.

You can try to enable verbose logging on the MPD page (MENU->Mpd).
The log can be found in /var/log/runeaudio/mpd.log

Frank

- Use sftp to access files on Rune Audio:
Get WinSCP from here and install it.
When it opens setup the following:
- Session
File Protocol: SCP
Host name: The IP address of your Raspberry Pi
User name: root
Password: rune

That's it, connect and you can transfer files just by dragging and dropping.
hondagx35

Postby popov » 04 Oct 2018, 06:21

Hi

Even if avahi is working better for me.
I still have some issues with Linux clients. After some time I lose connections to avahi. This not append only with runeaudio.

Since 3 looks to be solved, but as I modify 2 points... Not sure the 1 is suffisant

First, I notice that avahi-daemeon switch from 6.xxx to 7, but we keep old parameters (this is the default with Linux).
As avahi web site explain that default parameter have change in 7, i switch to new default configuration

Open a console
cp /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.sav
cp /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.pacnew /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
systemctl restart avahi-daemon

Second
Update 0.5 as describe in first post, you will lose ui extensions... so few work here

Refresh your client (refresh dhcp, refresh connections or reboot....)
popov

Postby jlynton » 04 Oct 2018, 15:41

popov wrote:First, I notice that avahi-daemeon switch from 6.xxx to 7, but we keep old parameters (this is the default with Linux).
As avahi web site explain that default parameter have change in 7, i switch to new default configuration

Open a console
cp /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.sav
cp /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf.pacnew /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf
systemctl restart avahi-daemon

Second
Update 0.5 as describe in first post, you will lose ui extensions... so few work here

Refresh your client (refresh dhcp, refresh connections or reboot....)

Thank you popov, this worked perfectly for me :)

[edit] Sorry, spoke to soon, worked for a few minutes, but then when I tried do something it stopped working, and still does not work [/edit]
jlynton

Postby janui » 04 Oct 2018, 15:52

Hi jlynton,
Could you run these commands and post the results:
Code: Select all
avahi-resolve -n runeaudio.local
avahi-browse -atrkp
Thanks,
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal