RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby DarthG » 28 Sep 2018, 13:39

Thanks janui,
I tried your changes, but it doesn't work.
I think I forgot to remark, that I tried to play directly from an USB-Storage.
The Tracks from the .cue-files are placed in the queue, but they don't start to play.
DarthG

Postby janui » 28 Sep 2018, 14:03

Hi DarthG,
It seems to be a problem in MPD when playing the the .tak files. Cant really help any futher, you could post an error on the MPD forum here: https://forum.musicpd.org/viewforum.php ... 40faec9f3c or here: https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues
You should remove the /home/your-extra-mpd.conf file from your sysyem. Log in via SSH and use the command
Code: Select all
rm /home/your-extra-mpd.conf
janui
Last edited by janui on 29 Sep 2018, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
janui

Postby RolandBlaze » 29 Sep 2018, 10:19

Thanks for new build :D appreciated.
RuneAudio+R e6 20201108 
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.
RolandBlaze

Postby thisisjay » 29 Sep 2018, 21:08

So.....I tried Rune .5 beta on another device and this is what happened.

Tried to select my card. I was pretty sure it was an IQ Audio Pi DAC Plus, but when I select "IQ Audio Pi DAC Plus" or "IQ Audio Pi DAC Pro", Rune kept defaulting to "IQ Audio Pi DAC Zero". This could not be right because the only choices I had for output device were HDMI and audio jack. I selected "IQ Audio Pi DAC" and was able to select I2S. I restarted for good measure and could play a file......BUT had no sound.

Reflashed the card with the latest version of Volumio and was greeted by the first run wizard which by default said that I had an I2S device and that it was the IQ Audio Pi DAC Plus....I KNEW IT!! Working! Did all of this on phone using the hotspot. Now listening to music rather than fighting with my PI.

I think Rune does have some advantages over Volumio, but working out of the box is not one of them.
thisisjay

Postby janui » 29 Sep 2018, 22:23

Hi thisisjay,
Thanks for your feedback.
thisisjay wrote:So.....I tried Rune .5 beta on another device and this is what happened.
I dont think you read this
Instructions in the Settings UI >> wrote:Enable I²S output selecting one of the available drivers, specific for each hardware. After rebooting the output interface will appear in the MPD configuration select menu, and drivers will also auto-load from the next reboot.
After selecting your hardware the 'best choice' driver will be used. Because some drivers are used for several different hardware types it is possible that the hardware which is displayed is not the one which you selected
You need to select the output from the MPD UI (after a reboot) to make it work.
The following audio cards all use the same driver: IQaudIO Amp, IQaudIO DAC Plus, IQaudIO DAC Pro, IQaudIO Pi-DACZero.
I will modify the text to explicitly include selecting the output device.
janui
janui

Postby SigMaster » 30 Sep 2018, 12:50

janui wrote:Hi Nic,
nic wrote:I've been a happy user of 0.5b for the past few weeks and really appreciate Janui's help getting my DAC working with the new image . I've run into a slight issue when casting , I get 'twiitering noises' type static . I have rebooted the PC used for casting , rebooted the PI and also done a gitpull . This issue happens with MP3 cast from my PC , WAVs now seen fine . Any ideas ?
This is a new one, need to do a bit of research first, will get back to you.

janui

I can confirm this problem.
They sound indeed as random static tics.

The same problem I have when I use Volumio.
With RuneAudio 0.4 it works normal and there is no problem.

This problem occurs, when you use an external DAC connected to the USB interface and stream the music from the ETH connection.
From what I understand, is that the USB and ETH from the Pi share the same chip and give this kind of problems.
A sollution (not so nice) is to use the WiFi connection for streming or use a USB to ETH interface, then the little tics are gone.
Also when played from an USB device there is no problem.

Probibly RuneAudio 0.5 handles this different from 0.4?

I hope this info can help solving the problem.

Setup:
Rapsberry Pi 3B+ connected by ethernet to my network. (My Pi 3B has the same problem)
Soekris dam2012 DAC connected by an Amanero USB interface.
Music library on NAS in my ethernet network.
SigMaster

Postby janui » 30 Sep 2018, 13:49

Hi SigMaster,
Thanks for the post, very interesting. The way Rune 0.4 and 0.5 work is the same, but all the packages have been upgraded for 0.5.
If your solution works for nic it is even more interesting, because he uses an I2S DAC (Allo Piano 2.1 & Kali). That would point to a fault in the driver software for the on-board Ethernet adaptor, therefore unrelated to using an USB DAC.
Can anyone else reproduce and/or test this?
janui
janui

Postby R101 » 30 Sep 2018, 15:11

I cannot see how to set the zoom level for the 7" Pi touchscreen. The files used by rern's addon to do this are not in the 0.5b root folder. Should they be?
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby Stephane » 30 Sep 2018, 16:00

Hi R101,

You'll have to edit this file: /etc/X11/xinit/start_chromium.sh and set the correct level.

--
Stéphane Acounis
Stephane

Postby R101 » 01 Oct 2018, 12:52

Stephane wrote:Hi R101,

You'll have to edit this file: /etc/X11/xinit/start_chromium.sh and set the correct level.

--
Stéphane Acounis

Thanks Stephane, that has fixed it.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi