RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 12 May 2019, 13:23

Hi EZJstef
EZJstef wrote:...this the sceen i have any help .... i am not the best expert...
Please see this post: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-360.html#p27201
janui,
User avatar
janui
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 20 Dec 2014, 12:55
Location: Ollanda

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 12 May 2019, 13:44

Hi aldebert,
aldebert wrote:...i've seen that bluetooth support has been added to Runeaudio 0.5...i've been searching the forum and didn't found the way to try it...how can i try it?...
I don't think it is worth spending time on this at the moment. We are still trying to get it to work in a consistent way. In practice, it is much more complex than we expected. All the instructions on internet are conflicting and most are no longer valid. We have also discovered that the configuration is dependant on the Pi model, this doesn’t help. Gearhead is still working on it, maybe it will make it in 0.6.
janui
User avatar
janui
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 20 Dec 2014, 12:55
Location: Ollanda

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby EZJstef » 12 May 2019, 15:37

janui wrote:Hi EZJstef
EZJstef wrote:...this the sceen i have any help .... i am not the best expert...
Please see this post: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-360.html#p27201
janui,


hi Janui,

ok but problem is i don't have IP access just during start a quick second then lost it so can't connect via browser !
EZJstef
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 18:47

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 13 May 2019, 12:28

Hi EZJstef,
EZJstef wrote:...ok but problem is i don't have IP access just during start a quick second then lost it so can't connect via browser...
RuneAudio runs headless. That means Rune automatically disconnects from the keyboard and monitor during start-up. The photo which you have shown looks correct, RuneAudio should still be running. RuneAudio should be connected to your network when it is started, then to connect, use the instructions here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-360.html#p27201
Maybe interesting to read the documentation here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/

If you cannot connect RuneAudio to your network, it has a built in Access Point which will activate when using Pi model with on-board WiFi. The Access Point is designed for initial configuration, not really for normal use. To connect, SSID = RuneAudioAP, Password = RuneAudio. Then in your browser use address: http://192.168.5.1 You can then configure your WiFi access and reboot. When RuneAudio connects to a configured WiFi network the Access Point will be disabled.
janui
User avatar
janui
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 20 Dec 2014, 12:55
Location: Ollanda

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby EZJstef » 13 May 2019, 19:59

janui wrote:Hi EZJstef,
EZJstef wrote:...ok but problem is i don't have IP access just during start a quick second then lost it so can't connect via browser...
RuneAudio runs headless. That means Rune automatically disconnects from the keyboard and monitor during start-up. The photo which you have shown looks correct, RuneAudio should still be running. RuneAudio should be connected to your network when it is started, then to connect, use the instructions here: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-360.html#p27201
Maybe interesting to read the documentation here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/

If you cannot connect RuneAudio to your network, it has a built in Access Point which will activate when using Pi model with on-board WiFi. The Access Point is designed for initial configuration, not really for normal use. To connect, SSID = RuneAudioAP, Password = RuneAudio. Then in your browser use address: http://192.168.5.1 You can then configure your WiFi access and reboot. When RuneAudio connects to a configured WiFi network the Access Point will be disabled.
janui



Hi so bad i am !!! now i remember how i can do it !! have to re learn each time i want to upgrade runeaudio grrrrr!!

i have an access without a problem via runeaudioAP .. but when i enable the browser , and reboot i have the screen runeaudio starting , after it reboot alone screen reboot etc ! i will take a look ...

tnx again for your help... beginner always boring explain for you guys ! tnx a lot
EZJstef
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 18:47

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby waves » 14 May 2019, 12:28

Hi, I'm checking in after some time away. I'm very happy to see janui and gearhead keep on improving the 0.5 release - you guys rock!

0.5 is the only version that is visibly worked on now. So it seems like (updated) RuneAudio is now a Raspberry Pi only project.

I think that's good actually, since narrower hardware support can ease development.

But we can then also ask:
Can and should RuneAudio be shifted over to run as a set of applications on top of vanilla Raspbian Lite, rather than continue as a custom Arch Linux OS image?

I'm thinking that such a shift, if possible and feasible, would make it easier for users to keep the OS up to date and troubleshoot. Users could simple follow official Raspberry Pi guides on how to install the OS and could also make use of all the existing great guides and new-user-friendly support forums elsewhere on dealing with Raspberry Pi and Raspbian. RuneAudio would only need to document what packages to install and how to configure and update them.

This is meant as a friendly brainstorm about the future path for RuneAudio, not a complaint or critique of anyone.
waves
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 31 Dec 2014, 10:33

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby R101 » 14 May 2019, 17:43

Welcome back, waves. Having a disabled volume control sitting on the playback page really irritated me until your mods came along.

We currently have 3 versions of Rune for the Pi available for download, plus rern's amazing addons, which makes it difficult for new users to know what to do. Any change which allows updating of a single supported version seems a good idea to me.
(Pi 3, Ver. 0.4b build 20170229, JLS I2S over USB)
R101
 
Posts: 215
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 16:16

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby EZJstef » 17 May 2019, 19:58

ge all ,

very sorry again for asking somethings maybe easy to solve but don't find the way !!

i have install rune all ok, in wifi point access all ok ! sound great with sabre Dac etc ! but 2 issues!

1 when i put local browser on , and restrat ... rune audio start and restart all the time with runeaudio starting wallpaper ! ( still in wifi pont access without lan internet connact )
2 second test is to keep disable the brower and to connect lan from my router adn disable the access point and restart ! i have this screen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK4oeVligoOZnBCS1ZTWjk5TzJkVWhaazZzWFJseUE3LW93/view?usp=sharing

i am wonder what i am doing wrong with the both action ???

yet rune working fine via runeaudioAP and playing musique from android via airplay ! but will be better to get internet access for spotify and also to have the 7" interface in my case ..

thanks again and sorry for my boring beginner questions !

stef
EZJstef
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 18:47

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby AudioRotor » 21 May 2019, 09:49

First of all - great work, Rune is my favourite RPI streaming tool. Unfortunatelly I had to switch recently to other one due to NAS mapping issue.
It used to work a few weeks ago so maybe something has changed within recent updates.
NAS is WD Mybook live, it requires to use parameter of vers=1.0 to work while mapping, which worked with Rune for long time. Recently I've noticed that NAS is not going to sleep mode as usually when not used, but starts up again and again, even if not used. Issue stopped once I shut down Rune.
Looking into mapping details I saw that parameter was changed to vers=2.0 automatically and I cannot change it back to 1.0, maybe that's the issue.
I know WD I am using is pretty old so maybe its not really important issue, letting you know in case its also an issue for other devices. And hoping there is easy solution so I can get back to using Rune ;)
AudioRotor
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 May 2019, 09:30

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby adrii » 22 May 2019, 08:53

Mat prepared a detailed set of steps for building mpd_oled on RuneAudio, which set up a working C++ build environment. I have updated the mpd_oled installation instructions for RuneAudio accordingly, and I was also able to remove the RuneAudio patch. Here are the updated instructions

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/b ... NEAUDIO.md

Adrian.
User avatar
adrii
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Apr 2018, 11:03

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests