RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby werdandi » 21 Mar 2019, 18:00

this is the output of this cat during playing a 44.1 file
root@runeaudio(rw):/home# cat /proc/asound/card*/pcm*p/sub*/hw_params | grep -v closed
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 5512
buffer_size: 22050
format: S32_LE
period_size: 5513

it seems that the player sees no other order to play the file originally as put in. so currently, for me, it seems, that the allow_formats setting will completely be ignored
werdandi

Postby janui » 21 Mar 2019, 22:12

Hi werdandi,
werdandi wrote:...it seems that the player sees no other order to play the file originally as put in. so currently, for me, it seems, that the allow_formats setting will completely be ignored...
Yes, I agree. But before we give up on this, from the output you provided it looks like two audio cards are currently active. To eliminate the possibility that the settings of the two cards are interfering with each other I suggest you switch one of them off and retest. This command lets you can see the status:
Code: Select all
mpc outputs
Normally there should only be one card enabled.
Use this to select the one which you want to use:
Code: Select all
mpc enable only x
Where x is the number or name of the card you wish to activate as shown in the output of mpc outputs.
If the test results remain unchanged, conditionally applying an output bitrate will not work. You will need to decide to use the 'format ...' clause to fix the output bitrate for everything or just leave it to play 'input rate = output rate'.
janui
janui

Postby werdandi » 22 Mar 2019, 10:29

good morning
after reducing the playing cards according to your hint to one (project usb dac) it looks like that:
root@runeaudio(rw):/home# cat /proc/asound/card*/pcm*p/sub*/hw_params | grep -v closed
format: S32_LE
period_size: 5513
still ignoring the resample order. but to be honest, i read the plugin description, you posted, again and actually the "allowed_formats" setting doesn't tell anything about an implicite resample, only about a fall back to the nearest possible in case of not directly finding the listed one.
on the other hand, the pity is, as i tried out, that the "format" setting seems to work global not looking at the base properties of the respective file (dsd or pcm) and the more, concurring with the "allowed_formats", it overrides it. hope we'llget that managed, because this rune edition is actually the best implementation of a mpd i tried so far and currently also the most stable
werdandi

Postby janui » 22 Mar 2019, 16:50

Hi werdandi,
I am a little disappointed that is doesn’t work as documented. What the documentation says is 'if none matches, MPD chooses the best fallback of this list'. While the only valid PCM entry in the list is not used, no idea why. It is also not using the PCM equivalent dsd64:=dop which would be something like 132300:24:2.
I will test this on our latest build, maybe the latest version of MPD works differently. Will get back to you on this.
You need to decide how to progress: input = output (without SoXr resampling) or fixed output 384/352.8khz, 24bit (with SoXr resampling).
janui
janui

Postby werdandi » 22 Mar 2019, 17:30

hi and again thanks for your recent reply
at the moment i will live with unchanged dsd and also unchanged pcm what is currently the better way due to resampling dsd to pcm (what not only in principle is useless - you should always hear the audio material in the respective mode/way it was originally recorded, also i know that cross-sampling brings no improvement at all) results in a garbage full of white noise (has imho to do with the principle handling of frequences in dsd where the noise distance is put into the highest area, what requires a special filter handling on back converting to pcm)
but for the long term i will be very thankfull if a solution for that can be found.
so again
thank you in advance
werdandi

Postby aldebert » 01 Apr 2019, 13:00

Hi,
I have been testing Runeaudio 0.5b
about the Hardware i use a dac sabre ES9018K2M from Audiophonics
i have tried several different settings (ES9028Q2M , ES9038Q2, rpidac, generic ES90x8)
and didn't find a way to have hardware volume control working
I was using runeaudio 0.4b from Audiophonics

i have 7' touchscreen
when i look in the settings i have a vertical slider
and the screensaver works well
when searching in the library i have no vertical slider
the screensaver is activated during my search and i have to hit the screen several time
to go back to the library (at the bigining of the list)

i have tried to update the 0.b version idon't know if it's done
isthere a way to know it?

thanks for all

aldebert

Postby aldebert » 01 Apr 2019, 13:13

aldebert

Postby janui » 01 Apr 2019, 15:36

Hi aldebert,
aldebert wrote:...didn't find a way to have hardware volume control working...
I am afraid that this is a limitation of 0.5b. We tried to build in the I-Sabre-K2M and I-Sabre-Q2M drivers for the release but could not get them to build. The actual driver which is selected is designed for the rpi-dac (in all the cases which you mention), this has no hardware volume control capabilities, but performs well with the Sabre Series of DAC's.
We have been working on 0.6b for quite a while now and seem have the native Sabre drivers working without problems. So if you can wait a while, the hardware volume control for the ES9028Q2M and ES9038Q2 should be available soon.
aldebert wrote:...when searching in the library i have no vertical slider…the screensaver is activated during my search and i have to hit the screen several time…to go back to the library (at the bigining of the list)...
That in not quite the way it should work, thanks for reporting this. I will take a look at it. My only suggestion is to use a longer screen saver delay time, but I don’t know how well this will work.
janui
janui

Postby S711 » 06 Apr 2019, 20:40

Hi,
I have a fresh install on a Rpi B2, when i am going on the webui i have this message:
"RuneAudio is starting-up
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable
Please try again later "

I dont understand what ils wrong, any idea?

Envoyé de mon ONE E1003 en utilisant Tapatalk
S711

Postby jlynton » 06 Apr 2019, 21:30

S711 wrote:Hi,
I have a fresh install on a Rpi B2, when i am going on the webui i have this message:
"RuneAudio is starting-up
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable
Please try again later "

I dont understand what ils wrong, any idea?

Envoyé de mon ONE E1003 en utilisant Tapatalk

Try to refresh the browser. If that doesn't work, did you wait before connecting to the web interface? On the first startup you should wait at least 6 minutes.
jlynton

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi