RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby imi11 » 16 Feb 2019, 23:29

cmh714 wrote:hmm, so why 50 seconds here.....any thought janui? maybe faster sdcard....hmm

wired, wifi disabled, >38k songs in mpd all from NAS...

With latest patch level? (> latest image)
imi11

Postby janui » 16 Feb 2019, 23:59

Hi cmh714,
cmh714 wrote:...hmm, so why 50 seconds here.....any thought janui? maybe faster sdcard....hmm...
I use class 10 Micro-DS cards, that’s almost the standard these days, I don’t think the faster cards help very much.
What you could look at is the settings for "systemd time" and "chrony" in the /dev UI. If chrony is enabled & active, switch systemd time ON by clicking 'systemdon'. You will need to set Dev Mode ON and refresh the screen to enable this option.
Another potential improvement is to let Rune optimise your NAS mount options, select your NAS mount in the Sources UI, switch ON 'Advanced options' and delete the contents of 'Mount flags' then save the mount. This will also initiate a rebuild of your MPD Library, but if you click on 'Update MPD library' in the Sources UI it will finish much quicker. You need to let this complete before you shutdown/reboot.
Please post your debug if these suggestions don't help.
janui
Last edited by janui on 17 Feb 2019, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
janui

Postby janui » 17 Feb 2019, 00:11

Hi imi11,
imi11 wrote:...Start volume: there's something is wrong when set to -1 (deleted). I thought, then it should remain the last volume, but not: decreases to 0, and when I try to set higher, it goes back...
There is a mistake in the initial image, I thought this had now been corrected, but I will look at it again. To make sure all the volume settings are correct you can follow the instructions in this post: post26802.html#p26802
janui
janui

Postby cmh714 » 17 Feb 2019, 00:38

janui wrote:Hi cmh714,
cmh714 wrote:...hmm, so why 50 seconds here.....any thought janui? maybe faster sdcard....hmm...
I use class 10 Micro-DS cards, that’s almost the standard these days, I don’t think the faster cards help very much.
What you could look at is the settings for "systemd time" and "chrony" in the /dev UI. If chrony is enabled & active, switch systemd time ON by clicking 'systemdon'. You will need to set Dev Mode ON and refresh the screen to enable this option.
Another potential improvement is to let Rune optimise your NAS mount options, select your NAS mount in the Sources UI, switch ON 'Advanced options' and delete the contents of 'Mount flags' then save the mount. This will also initiate a rebuild of your MPD Library, but if you click on 'Update MPD library' in the Sources UI it will finish much quicker. You need to let this complete before you shutdown/reboot.
Please post your debug if these suggestions don't help.
janui

definitely NOT a time issue as I am set correct....For NAS, when I select the Advanced options, I do not get the "parameters" box with the variables (unsure why) and if IRC, I dont have an options.....any file to look at? or do I need to recreate the mount/source?

TIA!!!

**EDIT: ok mount tells m these are the vars: (ro,noexec,noatime,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=16384,namlen=255,soft,nocto,proto=tcp,timeo=50,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.2.144,mountvers=3,mountport=60797,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.2.144
cmh714

Postby janui » 17 Feb 2019, 01:46

Hi cmh714,
cmh714 wrote:definitely NOT a time issue as I am set correct....For NAS, when I select the Advanced options, I do not get the "parameters" box with the variables (unsure why) and if IRC, I dont have an options.....any file to look at? or do I need to recreate the mount/source?
The 'Mount flags' in 'Advanced options' should contain something like 'ro,noexec,vers=3'. Recreating the mount is maybe the best solution.
But before you do that, could you run some commands via SSH and post the output for me? First run this:
Code: Select all
redis-cli --scan | grep mount_
Then for each value returned run this and post the output:
redis-cli hgetall mount_x
Where mount_x is the value returned by the previous command. Remove any password information if it is shown.
janui
janui

Postby cmh714 » 17 Feb 2019, 03:42

thx!
root@runeaudio(rw):/etc# redis-cli --scan | grep mount_
mount_5
root@runeaudio(rw):/etc# redis-cli hgetall mount_5
1) "rsize"
2) "8192"
3) "id"
4) "5"
5) "error"
6) ""
7) "address"
8) "192.168.2.144"
9) "type"
10) "nfs"
11) "charset"
12) "utf8"
13) "remotedir"
14) "nfs/Public/Shared Music"
15) "username"
16) ""
17) "password"
18) ""
19) "options"
20) ""
21) "wsize"
22) "16384"
23) "name"
24) "WD"
cmh714

Postby imi11 » 17 Feb 2019, 10:32

I'm trying to set a mobile network for used in car with home lan connection. I chose the wifi router, saving the profile, but after it I can't see it in the profiles. Clicking on this mobile network seemed to be saved (delete link and connect button). Clicking the connect button nothing happens, still I can see rpi in the home network.
So I shutdown it and unplug the homenetwork, then restarting...
After proper shutdown command line: clean, 91421/237104 files, 739315/947200 blocks,, then EXT4-fs errors
unpluggung pi, plugging pi (can't do proper shutdown)
command line neverending blinking: clean, 91421/237104 files, 739315/947200 blocks
music playing started, I can't see from my phone (connected to same mobile router)
EXT4-fs errors
it restarted, but I can't see from my phone (connected to same mobile router)
so I would like to see network menu details on monitor with a keyboard (with touchpad) connected to pi, but I can't see mouse cursor. Pressing tab, the MENU is not selected, hardly I can open with touch pad (blindly). On the screen I can move only with tab and not with te touchpad.
I can see the mobile network saved and connected, but on my phone (connected the same mobile wifi router) the runeadio app doesn't find the pi player (only the refreshing arrow can be seen). Earlier connected to home network it could find the player. With mpdroid app connecting and can't connect, so seems to be stucked in connecting... In the ip scanner I can see the player and in the browser I can connact... The apps still can't connect...
imi11

Postby janui » 17 Feb 2019, 13:03

HI cmh714,
cmh714 wrote:...root@runeaudio(rw):/etc# redis-cli --scan | grep mount_
mount_5
root@runeaudio(rw):/etc# redis-cli hgetall mount_5...
The output looks fine. I have also checked the code, but can see no problems. Could you check that the network mount is not being mounted elsewhere, this command should return nothing:
cat /etc/fstab | grep -i -v 'cifs|nfs'
Any lines which are output should be deleted (or commented out) from /etc/fstab.

Something strange I noticed:
cmh714 wrote:...**EDIT: ok mount tells m these are the vars: (ro,noexec,noatime,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=16384,namlen=255,soft,nocto,proto=tcp,timeo=50,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.2.144,mountvers=3,moun...
This looks like a CIFS mount. You can check it by running:
cat /proc/mounts | grep -i -v 'cifs|nfs'
While:
cmh714 wrote:root@runeaudio(rw):/etc# redis-cli hgetall mount_5
1) "rsize"
2) "8192"
3) "id"
4) "5"
5) "error"
6) ""
7) "address"
8) "192.168.2.144"
9) "type"
10) "nfs"
11) "charset"
12) "utf8"
13) "remotedir"
14) "nfs/Public/Shared Music"
This is specifying a NFS mount.
janui
janui

Postby janui » 17 Feb 2019, 13:33

Hi imi11,
imi11 wrote:...I'm trying to set a mobile network for used in car with home lan connection. I chose the wifi router, saving the profile, but after it I can't see it in the profiles. Clicking on this mobile network seemed to be saved (delete link and connect button). Clicking the connect button nothing happens, still I can see rpi in the home network.
So I shutdown it and unplug the homenetwork, then restarting...
The code for connecting to the network is very old, and really needs re-writing. I know that the Connect button almost never works, after a reboot it is OK if you entered the correct data. Working with hidden SSID’s makes everything more complicated, this should be avoided (hidden SSID’s provide no additional security). Don’t uses spaces or special characters in the WiFi SSID.
When you are setting up WiFi it is best to do this via the buit-in Access Point or wired ethernet, not with a local browser or directly attached keyboard.

If the UI fails to start or Rune becomes unstable but you can SSH to the console these commands will cause Rune to reset most things on the next boot:
redis-cli set playerid ""
redis-cli set hwplatformid ""
A second step if the UI fails to start if to carry out a full reset by running the following command (it will shutdown when finished):
/srv/http/command/image_reset_script.sh
If this fails you will need to reflash your Micro-SD card.

Maybe you could explain how you want Rune to work for home and in-car. It is possible that you are trying to achieve this in a way which Rune cannot support.

janui
janui

Postby imi11 » 17 Feb 2019, 13:42

I've tried using it in my car with android head unit, my experiences:
The android app didn't change to landscape, it is in portrait mode, always need scrolling. Play/pause/prev/next buttons are small for car usage at the top.
The app (compared to another media player apps) doesn't recognize prev/nex track, volume up/down commands. only I can skip track in the app when the app is active (I couldn't change the volume with the head unit volume buttons when the app was visible).
After some listening (there wasn't any shutdown) the app started searching the pi, didn't find.
I've plugged on monitor: Ext4-fs error at every restarting, so became unusable, perhaps i have to reinstall on pi :(
imi11

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi