RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby heinklem » 13 Jan 2019, 11:18

I there, i'm back with another trouble... :-/

Runaudio run perfectly on my Rsp Pi3 b+ and i can control it with IP adresse and Runeaudio/local.

My probleme is with my Hifibery dac pro +, i have selected it in the settings and MDP and i have reboot the système but when i back to the Settings the "PIFI Dac plus" is selected and not "Hifiberry dac plus pro" and no sounds out of my sound système (analog amp).

The Audio Output interface selected is HifiBerry DAC+ (I²S)...

I don't understand why it doesn't work...
heinklem

Postby janui » 13 Jan 2019, 13:53

Hi heinklem,
heinklem wrote:...My probleme is with my Hifibery dac pro +, i have selected it in the settings and MDP and i have reboot the système but when i back to the Settings the "PIFI Dac plus" is selected and not "Hifiberry dac plus pro" and no sounds out of my sound système (analog amp)...
This is an old problem, fixed in the latest patch, see instructions in the first post in this thread. Regardless of this, the settings seem correct.
heinklem wrote:...The Audio Output interface selected is HifiBerry DAC+ (I²S)...I don't understand why it doesn't work...
Again the settings seem OK, you could try this: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-310.html#p26802
janui
janui

Postby heinklem » 13 Jan 2019, 17:53

Hi janui and thank you for your reply !

All works perfectly now exept the AirPlay and Spotify but i think search to fix this trouble next time.
The sound quality with a DAC in FLAC is perfect !

Many thanks of all comunity, you are juste amaizing.

Respect !!!!!!
heinklem

Postby eykxas » 14 Jan 2019, 11:00

Hi ! I'm new to Rune Audio.

I've successfully installed rune 0.5b on my RPi 3B+ without any trouble.

One trick for those use their RPi Rune Audio at work and can't use NTP server : set date with this command (change google.com with your location for example google.fr) :
Code: Select all
date -s "$(wget -qSO- --max-redirect=0 google.com 2>&1 | grep Date: | cut -d' ' -f5-8)Z"

(essential to get update).

I've one question, how can I add tidal support in Rune Audio ? I already use AK Connect to stream Tidal on Rune Audio, but with a PC there is no AK Connect.

So the best thing is upgrade upmpdcli (wich contain tidal plugin) but I don't know how to proceed. (and get working). Can you help me ?

Thanks
eykxas

Postby janui » 14 Jan 2019, 18:11

Hi eykxas,
eykxas wrote:...I've one question, how can I add tidal support in Rune Audio ? I already use AK Connect to stream Tidal on Rune Audio, but with a PC there is no AK Connect...So the best thing is upgrade upmpdcli (which contain tidal plugin) but I don't know how to proceed. (and get working). Can you help me ?
Not really the solution which you are looking for, but maybe this thread will help: how-to-install-upmpdcli-on-runeaudio-for-tidal-streaming-t6436.html#p25464
janui
janui

Postby tixs » 14 Jan 2019, 18:18

I came across a few - as I assume - flaws in the MPD configuration which makes the library features less usable than I would hope them to be.

1. Apparently, the MPD sorting ranks track numbers higher than the album tags in the files. It also appears that if the track numbers are the same, the alphabetical order of the track names is being preferred.

As an example, the folder structure of the files is as follows:

\---Pop
|
+---Paul Simon
| \---(1991) Concert in the Park
| |
| +---CD 01
| | Paul Simon 01. Obvious Child.mp3
| | Paul Simon 02. Boy in the Bubble.mp3
| | Paul Simon 03. She Moves On.mp3
| | Paul Simon 04. Kodachrome.mp3
| | Paul Simon 05. Born at the Right Time.mp3
| | Paul Simon 06. Train in the Distance.mp3
| | Paul Simon 07. Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard.mp3
| | Paul Simon 08. I Know What I Know.mp3
| | Paul Simon 09. Cool, Cool River.mp3
| | Paul Simon 10. Bridge over Troubled Water.mp3
| | Paul Simon 11. Proof.mp3
| |
| \---CD 02
| Paul Simon 01. Coast.mp3
| Paul Simon 02. Graceland.mp3
| Paul Simon 03. You Can Call Me Al.mp3
| Paul Simon 04. Still Crazy After All These Years.mp3
| Paul Simon 05. Loves Me Like a Rock.mp3
| Paul Simon 06. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes.mp3
| Paul Simon 07. Hearts and Bones.mp3
| Paul Simon 08. Late in the Evening.mp3
| Paul Simon 09. America.mp3
| Paul Simon 10. Boxer.mp3
| Paul Simon 11. Cecilia.mp3
| Paul Simon 12. Sound of Silence.mp3

All files are properly tagged with track numbers 01, 02, 03 etc. and CD numbers 01 and 02.

When I click through the Library via "Artist" -> "Paul Simon" -> "Concert in the Park" I get a track listing as follows:

Coast [NOTE: from CD 02]
Obvious Child [NOTE: from CD 01]
Boy in the Bubble [NOTE: from CD 01]
Graceland [NOTE: from CD 02]
She Moves On [NOTE: from CD 01]
You Can Call Me Al [NOTE: from CD 02]
Kodachrome [NOTE: from CD 01]
[etc.]

The files are not only displayd in this wrong order in the library view but also added in the same way to the play list.

2. Another problem arises with albums with the same title (which often happens in the area of classical music, i.e. if you have several different recordings of the same opus, let's say, Henry Purcell's "Dido and Aneas"). If you click through the Library via "Composer" -> "Henry Purcell" -> "Dido and Aeneas" you end up with all files from different recordings mixed with each other, irrespective of tags and folder structure.

Instead, if you click via "Album" -> "Dido and Aeneas" you end up (correctly) with several listings, dependig on the respective album artists.

3. A third problem, also mainly arising in the area of classical music where one has typically different combinations of artists (but the same can appear in the area of pop and rock), e.g. (separated by semicolons):

Album #1: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite"
Album #2: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Ambrosian Opera Chorus; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Album #3: "Mermaid Singers and Orchestra; Giuseppe Sinopoli"
Album #4: "Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite"

As Album #1 and Album #4 have absolutely identical entries, the Album Artist structure in the Library looks as follows:

Mermaid Singers and Orchestra; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Philharmonia Orchestra; Ambrosian Opera Chorus; Giuseppe Sinopoli
Philharmonia Orchestra; Warwick Braithwaite

However, it would be preferrable, if all entries separated by semicolons would get their own library listings, e.g.:

Ambrosian Opera Chorus
Giuseppe Sinopoli
Mermaid Singers and Orchestra
Philharmonia Orchestra
Warwick Braithwaite

Any chance you can adjust the MPD configuration accordingly?
tixs

Postby janui » 14 Jan 2019, 18:49

Hi tixs,
tixs wrote:I came across a few - as I assume - flaws in the MPD configuration which makes the library features less usable than I would hope them to be.
Thanks for reporting this in detail.
It is a known problem and I am afraid that has been in there for quite a while. It's documented in the changelog (but not as well as in your post) and is on my to-do list.
If anyone has already corrected the code I would be very interested.
janui
janui

Postby harrym » 16 Jan 2019, 10:37

Many thanks for this - successfully set up on a Pi Zero W and HIfiBerry Dac Zero - works great.
harrym

Postby robd » 18 Jan 2019, 11:50

I'm a newbee to Rune so please bear with me.
I downloaded the correct image for my Pi 3B+ and burned it on an sdcard, put in in the pi and powered up.
B2: 20180903_runeaudio_rpib2.img.gz for the Pi 2B, 3B and 3B+ (2,400+ downloads)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j0hyipgdd ... mg.gz/file
20180903_runeaudio_rpiB2.img

So far so good but the first lines under the 4 Rasberry's on the screen are:
Error: Driver 'sdhost-bcm2835' is already registered, aborting ...
and next something acout failed to open the VCHI service.
Then I get the splash screen with the Rune logo and there it stops.
I searched this forum for keywords from the errormessages but didn't get any wiser.

see the attached screenshot for all messages.
2019-01-18_11-56-35.jpg
2019-01-18_11-56-35.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
where am I going wrong?
Last edited by robd on 18 Jan 2019, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
robd

Postby Colin » 18 Jan 2019, 11:58

Hi,
Probably nothing ! The errors aren't fatal errors. The thing is that by default, the UI is not started on the attached display. You have to plug the Pi to the wired network, go to http://runeaudio.local/, and enable "Local browser".

(Maybe that would be a good feature that the local browser is started by default on a brand-new install if a screen is connected)
Colin

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi