RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Postby vennesch » 05 Dec 2018, 10:50

Remove
Last edited by vennesch on 07 Dec 2018, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
vennesch

Postby vennesch » 07 Dec 2018, 12:56

Thanks for answering my questions Janui. One more thing. I get: cannot connect to Add Ons server. Anyone else with this problem? My internet connections are good.

Fixed, By uninstalling and installing again.
vennesch

Postby thedman! » 07 Dec 2018, 14:57

I had the same prob but fixed it with:

Code: Select all
wget -qN --show-progress --no-check-certificate https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio_Addons/raw/master/install.sh; chmod +x install.sh; ./install.sh --no-check-certificate

I had to put --no-check-certificate at the end AND the middle otherwise it wasn't working. I have no idea of why/how, i'm an advanced cut and paster, not a programmer. More than once it's worked for me...
thedman!

Postby thedman! » 07 Dec 2018, 15:00

Any progress on .m3u8 streams?
thedman!

Postby janui » 08 Dec 2018, 13:47

Hi thedman!,
thedman! wrote:Any progress on .m3u8 streams?
I had forgotten about this, thanks for the reminder. Don’t forget that RuneAudio uses the MPD functionality to work with streams and playlists. I looked up .m3u8 on Wikipedia (see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U) and it seems that .m3u8 is basically the same as .m3u. If you look in your Debug UI you will find the file types supported by MPD and it seems that .m3u is supported (search for m3u). So you could try renaming your .m3u8 playlist files to *.m3u, in theory this should work.
The other thing to watch out for is the file path specified in the .m3u8 playlist. This needs to be valid for the way that MPD looks at the filesystem, this is not necessarily the same as when the .m3u8 playlists were created (see the Wikipedia entry mentioned above for details).
If you find that the .m3u. files are not recognised by MPD you need to create the file:
/home/your-extra-mpd.conf
Containing:
#############################
##   your-extra-mpd.conf   ##
## Playlist Plugin Example ##
#############################
#
# This is an example for adding a Playlist Plugin to MPD
# You could use this file for setting many other MPD options
# This file needs to be placed in the directory /home to activate it
# Set the correct file protections with the command: chmod 644 /home/your-extra-mpd.conf
#
playlist_plugin {
    name "m3u"
    enabled "true"
}

playlist_plugin {
    name "extm3u"
    enabled "true"
}
#
############################
## end your-exta-mpd.conf ##
############################
Then run this to correct the file properties:
chmod 644 /home/your-extra-mpd.conf
And then reboot.
janui
janui

Postby R101 » 08 Dec 2018, 14:16

Hi Janui,

Rune v0.4b has been able to play the BBC m3u8 feeds since the MPD upgrade addon became available. Rune v0.5 does not play them, so this does appear to be a regression.
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby janui » 09 Dec 2018, 10:37

Hi R101,
R101 wrote:Rune v0.4b has been able to play the BBC m3u8 feeds since the MPD upgrade addon became available. Rune v0.5 does not play them, so this does appear to be a regression.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you tell me which version of MPD you are using on v04b.
janui
janui

Postby R101 » 09 Dec 2018, 11:02

Hi janui,

Music Player Daemon 0.20.11
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

Postby Colin » 14 Dec 2018, 12:00

Hi everyone,

And first of all, thank you for your great work on RuneAudio. I have installed that beta version on a Pi 3B+ and almost everything works great out of the box.

I think I will probably fix some little things locally (for example, I'd love to add a "Rotation" setting for the local touchscreen in the UI).

To do this and be able to contribute back, I think I'll have to be able to locally build Runeaudio images in a clean way, starting from git clones of your upstream code.

If I understand correctly, the official repos lag behind and this beta image has been generated from gearhead's forks:
https://github.com/gearhead/RuneUI
https://github.com/gearhead/RuneOS
and these are the repositories I should fork to be able to send merge requests. Can you confirm that ?

Also, I didn't manage to find documentation on how to generate a complete .img from sources. Is there such a documentation somewhere ?

Thanks in advance,
Colin
Colin

Postby janui » 15 Dec 2018, 09:38

Hi Colin,
Colin wrote:If I understand correctly, the official repos lag behind and this beta image has been generated from gearhead's forks:
https://github.com/gearhead/RuneUI
https://github.com/gearhead/RuneOS
and these are the repositories I should fork to be able to send merge requests. Can you confirm that ?
Yes this is correct.
Colin wrote:I think I will probably fix some little things locally (for example, I'd love to add a "Rotation" setting for the local touchscreen in the UI).
This would be nice, I am currently adding zoom factor adjustment to the local browser in the settings UI. Being able to set rotation would be a fine addition.
janui
Last edited by janui on 17 Feb 2019, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi