RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 18 Nov 2018, 21:46

Hi nic,
nic wrote:Just got one of the new Pi 3A+... ...It will not boot when trying either version of 0.5b .
I don’t have this model, but it sounds looks like the kernel need to be updated. This was also the case with the Pi 3B+. With the 0.5b version a kernel update will disable the 384k sampling capability and revert back to 192k. There are a couple of other issues with the UI which will need attention if you were to upgrade.
Anyone who has a working version can contact me for the details.
Gearhead is currently working on an upgraded kernel, but this version of Rune will not be available for quite a while.
janui
janui

Postby janui » 18 Nov 2018, 21:49

Hi Toube,
Toube wrote:How can I fix the package manager to search on the right mirrors?
Before you use pacman to update anything use this command:
Code: Select all
pacman -Sy
janui
janui

Postby pietpara » 18 Nov 2018, 23:57

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is RaspTouch compatible image available with this RuneAudio version?
If so, where could I get it?

Thanks a lot!
PietPara
pietpara

Postby Gabriel Syme » 19 Nov 2018, 15:15

janui wrote:Hi nic,
nic wrote:Just got one of the new Pi 3A+... ...It will not boot when trying either version of 0.5b .
I don’t have this model, but it sounds looks like the kernel need to be updated. This was also the case with the Pi 3B+. With the 0.5b version a kernel update will disable the 384k sampling capability and revert back to 192k. There are a couple of other issues with the UI which will need attention if you were to upgrade.
Gearhead is currently working on an upgraded kernel, but this version of Rune will not be available for quite a while.
janui

What are the issues involved in performing a kernel update?

Thank you,

Gabriel
Gabriel Syme

Postby nic » 19 Nov 2018, 19:55

janui wrote:Hi nic,
janui

Not an issue . The Pi3A+ is a lot greedier than the Zero , around 30% more power drawn . 280mA compared to 180mA that the Zero draws with an IQAudio DAC fitted .

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby parthabhatta » 20 Nov 2018, 05:27

Beelzebassie wrote:
parthabhatta wrote:Same with me. Waited for 10 minutes. Rebooted and reflashed and tried again with same result. On a Pi 3b with Allo Boss 1.2.
Went through the thread very fast for a possible solution but may have missed if there is any solution documented.
Can anybody help with a solution?

You are approaching RuneAudio though a browser, aren't you?

Nah this is at fresh install of Runeaudio. I meant to say that I got stuck up in "starting..... Rune audio" screen during fresh install. And what you are saying as I understand is getting to RuneAudio UI through browser which will come after my first installation is successful.[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly.
There is no need for any "installation"; you just write the image to an mSD, boot and approach RA through a browser.
Is even SSH not working?[/quote]

Yeah by installation I mean writing the image on a mSD and booting for the first time. Actually it's getting stuck up during first booting. Tried with repeatative image writings, changing the card but everything failed.
By the way I have downloaded the. img linked in the first post for RPi B+. Is there any more image files?
parthabhatta

Postby pba » 20 Nov 2018, 21:54

Hi,

Thanks for the update, just installed it (incl gitpull), works nice so far.
Something I noticed: is xbindkeys still working as intended? For me it's not working, local browser is enabled (made this mistake when 0.4 was released by Frank). I'm trying to find out if its my config or not (the same as in 0.4). Neither with my flirc nor with a keyboard it seems to work (both is recognized). pstree is not showing any sing of xbindkeys.

root@runeaudio(rw):~# pstree
systemd─┬─avahi-daemon───avahi-daemon
        ├─crond
        ├─dbus-daemon
        ├─devmon───udevil
        ├─dhcpcd
        ├─dnsmasq
        ├─haveged
        ├─hciattach
        ├─hostapd
        ├─ifplugd
        ├─mpd───4*[{mpd}]
        ├─nginx───nginx
        ├─nmbd
        ├─php-fpm───3*[php-fpm]
        ├─python
        ├─redis-server───3*[{redis-server}]
        ├─rune_PL_wrk
        ├─rune_SY_wrk
        ├─sh───sleep
        ├─smbd─┬─cleanupd
        │      └─smbd-notifyd
        ├─sshd───sshd───bash───pstree
        ├─systemd-journal
        ├─systemd-resolve
        ├─systemd-timesyn───{systemd-timesyn}
        ├─systemd-udevd
        ├─winbindd───3*[winbindd]
        └─xinit─┬─Xorg───5*[{Xorg}]
                └─sh─┬─matchbox-window
                     └─sudo───start_chromium.───chromium─┬─chromium───chromium───chromium───14*[{chromium}]
                                                         ├─chromium───11*[{chromium}]
                                                         └─34*[{chromium}]

What am I missing, where is my mistake :?:

Thanks,
Michael
pba

Postby janui » 21 Nov 2018, 11:02

Hi pba,
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do. If you want to add a IR remote control see this post: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532-160.html#p26310 If this is not what you need could you be a bit more specific?
janui
janui

Postby pba » 21 Nov 2018, 21:57

hi janui

I'll try...
Frank did integrate xbindkeys for the first time in his image dated march 16 (here). xbindkeys did only start if local browser was enabled.
The idea is to use a normal keyboard as a "remote" for runeaudio (eg F8 for next track) (see here). xbindkeys is translating my F8 keystroke to "mpc next".
A keyboard is pretty useless as a remote, to big, to many buttons. Keypad would be better, but even that... So this is why I'm using a FLIRC USB IR dongle (https://flirc.tv/). Flirc is recognized as a keyboard, you can use any remote for programming (eg I use the one from my onkyo hifi), next/skip is programmed to F8. The config is saved on the dongle.

Why flirc and not an IR eye and lirc:
- Main reason: I had a spare flirc (got one for a project, project didn't succeed, threw away everything but the flirc)
- Easy setup: easy configuration of flirc (GUI based), configure /root/.xbindkeysrc and connect the flirc dongle.
- gpio remains free for other use

Had no time to test any further, but for me it seems xbindkeys is not running (somehow does not start). With Frank's 0.4 image it did work flawless. That's why I asked.

Thanks,
Michael
pba

Postby hondagx35 » 22 Nov 2018, 00:17

Hi Michael,

i did a short test:
Nov 21 18:35:41 runeaudio xinit[634]: Error : /tmp/chromium/.xbindkeysrc not found or reading not allowed.

So it seems that the config file is missing or not at the right place.
Hope this helps.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi