RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby Gabriel Syme » 08 Nov 2018, 16:42

installed 0.5 last night. Music sounds great and server is working very well, except for one minor problem. On the monitor connected to HDMI out, the playing time does not increment consistently, or at times, not at all.

Just to be clear, the play time works fine on the main screen. It is on the info screen that time does not work.

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/GubWxf1Y

Thanks for the great product and the hard work needed to make it happen!

Gabriel
Last edited by Gabriel Syme on 08 Nov 2018, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriel Syme

Postby RoyB » 08 Nov 2018, 16:56

I'm new here on this forum, and an enthusiastic user of RuneAudio for several years. Much appreciated all the effort done by Frank, janui, Gearhead and others. Hats off for their skills!

For about half a year I use a Pi 3B combined with DigiOne and RuneAudio version janui-20171120. This combination works very nice.
Recently I tried to upgrade to 0.5-Beta janui-20180913. With this I experience an unstable mounting of a USB-Hard Disk.
At startup the HD is most of the times recognized as an USB mount, but the content is not visible via the Library. I have to initiate a full rebuild of MPD, to get the contents available. Sometimes even the HD is not recognized as a mount or disappears.
Auto mount is selected. I checked the health of the external HD and tried also another one. As far as I figured out there is no power supply issue.
Another related problem is that every time the queue-list gets lost after shutdown and next startup.
What could be the problem?

RoyB
RoyB

Postby janui » 08 Nov 2018, 21:42

Hi Gabriel,
Gabriel Syme wrote:the play time works fine on the main screen. It is on the info screen that time does not work.
Thanks for reporting this. I don't normally use this feature, but will take a look. I will get back to you.
janui
janui

Postby janui » 08 Nov 2018, 22:00

Hi RoyB,
RoyB wrote:... With this I experience an unstable mounting of a USB-Hard Disk......the queue-list gets lost after shutdown and next startup......What could be the problem?
My initial reaction was that it looks like a power supply problem, but because you also loose the queue-list I think it is more likely to be a corrupt download image or corrupt Micro-SD card.
Please check the SHA-256 checksums of your downloaded file, download it again if it is wrong. Then carry out a disk check on the SD card and reflash it with the image.
If you use gitpull from the /dev UI to update the image, wait until the screen refreshes after selecting it. Then, don’t forget to reboot.
janui
janui

Postby jlynton » 09 Nov 2018, 11:00

Vhond wrote:The only questions I have are about the Album Art not shown in the playback screen (using Flac files)...

Mine shows fine, I always have it in the same directory as the .flac files, and name it cover.jpg, and keep the file size below 100Kb.
jlynton

Postby Galder » 09 Nov 2018, 15:21

Hi!
I managed to get it work on my Raspberrypi/Hifiberry Digi + combo
Before I have used version 0.4 a couple of years.
I only use Runeaudio to stream Tidal (Hi-Fi quality) and use a android app BubbleUpnp as user interface.
It took me a while to figure out that I had to manually choose upnp option, which was automatic in version 0.4
That I also had to choose I2s for the Digi + did I remembered as it was so even in version 0.4
But if you are not familiar with this I can think that a lot of people don’t understand how this work. I think you should describe this in a tutorial because not all is an advanced technician.

One question, is something done sound-wise to achieve improvements in that area?

And thank you for your hard work.
I’m pushing people to use your software in an audio forum, -spreading the message. ;)
Galder

Postby Toube » 09 Nov 2018, 23:12

Great work @janui 8-)
Any news on the YouTube plugin?
Toube

Postby RoyB » 10 Nov 2018, 15:57

janui wrote:Hi RoyB,
RoyB wrote:... With this I experience an unstable mounting of a USB-Hard Disk......the queue-list gets lost after shutdown and next startup......What could be the problem?
My initial reaction was that it looks like a power supply problem, but because you also loose the queue-list I think it is more likely to be a corrupt download image or corrupt Micro-SD card.
Please check the SHA-256 checksums of your downloaded file, download it again if it is wrong. Then carry out a disk check on the SD card and reflash it with the image.
If you use gitpull from the /dev UI to update the image, wait until the screen refreshes after selecting it. Then, don’t forget to reboot.
janui

Hi janui,

I checked two SD Cards and reflashed them. No success: intermittent mount of USB-HardDisk persisted.
Eventually I attached the DigiOne to a PI 2B with RuneAudio 0.5Beta-janui-20180903-0. No problems anymore with failing USB-mount! This set up showed also nicely responsive when switching between music tracks.
So, my PI 3B works with 0.4Beta janui-20171120 but not as wanted with 0.5Beta janui-20180903-0/5. What puzzles me now is this whether a hardware problem or might there still be a kernel problem?
RoyB
RoyB

Postby Beelzebassie » 10 Nov 2018, 17:57

Something I noticed the other day was that 0.5b does not correctly implement "INDEX 00" attributes in CUE-sheets (intended to define pauses); 0.4b nicely skipped them, while 0.5b ignores them and plays them.
Raspberry Pi 3B (rev. 1.2) | Allo DigiOne
Beelzebassie

Postby Gabriel Syme » 12 Nov 2018, 12:47

What is the easiest way to remove the volume control from the UI in 0.5. I am not having any luck doing searches for this topic.

Thank you.

Gabriel
Gabriel Syme

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi