RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby TimRomance » 05 Nov 2018, 18:17

Hmm, thanks for the tip!

By the way, newbie here. I'm glad to have found this RuneAudio discussion forum. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, feeding my Pomeranian with some treats and watching TV with my wife. And when we're not indoors, we would play catch in our backyard with our dog (though we had to secure one of those petsafe Stay+Play wireless dog fence, just so he wouldn’t stray far from our yard. Our neighbor had a weak wooden partition, and we once had an argument when the poor fella ended up on his lawn). Such a simple, yet, happy life. Have a nice day!
Last edited by TimRomance on 20 Nov 2018, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
TimRomance

Postby janui » 05 Nov 2018, 20:52

Hi MikeC,
MikeC wrote:The latest version of the update seems to have broken my ability to mount network sources.
If this happens again try removing the mount options: Open the sources UI > click on the mount > set Advanced options ON > remove all the text from Mount Options > Save the Mount. It should then go through its routine to find the best possible mount parameters.
If it still does not work please run the following command from SSH:
Code: Select all
avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei "smb|cifs|nfs"
Please post the results (after deleting/modifying any private information) or send the output to me by PM.

MikeC wrote:With Build version: janui-20180903-4 I had to remove my network source when using my mobile unit in AP mode. It kept trying the round robin source mount continuously. Not a big deal since I prefer to keep an SD aside just for AP mode, just letting you know.
Yes, I spotted this last week, but thanks for reporting it. My fix is included in 20180903-5.
janui
janui

Postby janui » 05 Nov 2018, 21:17

Hi Toube,
Toube wrote:Should the gitpull from dev work or do one need to use the command interpreter for this?
The gitpull in the /dev UI works fine. I use this option most of the time and have not (yet) needed to reflash a SD card. But you do need to wait until the screen refreshes before you reboot. And rebooting is important, don’t miss the step. I will add some additional instructions to the UI, hopefully this will help.
janui
janui

Postby nic » 05 Nov 2018, 22:48

I have also just done a gitpull and can no longer mount my nas . Build is 0.5b with a Pi zero . It's not a big problem as this is a second system but it would be nice to get it working again . I have removed the mount , re-entered and also taken out the text line in advanced options

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby MikeC » 05 Nov 2018, 23:23

janui wrote:Hi MikeC,
MikeC wrote:The latest version of the update seems to have broken my ability to mount network sources.
If this happens again try removing the mount options: Open the sources UI > click on the mount > set Advanced options ON > remove all the text from Mount Options > Save the Mount. It should then go through its routine to find the best possible mount parameters.
Please post the results (after deleting/modifying any private information) or send the output to me by PM.

janui,
The "advanced options" step did not work.
When I ran the command: avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei "smb|cifs|nfs", I only got an empty carriage return. It took a few seconds, so I'm pretty sure the grep command worked.

Mike C
MikeC

Postby Toube » 06 Nov 2018, 07:39

MikeC wrote:

janui,
When I ran the command: avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei "smb|cifs|nfs", I only got an empty carriage return. It took a few seconds, so I'm pretty sure the grep command worked.

Mike C

Same problem and result after gitpull for me also.

-Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 06 Nov 2018, 08:28

Is there a way to restore the earlier version before the gitpull?

-Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 06 Nov 2018, 11:29

I re-flashed to the original 0.5 image.

-Toube
Toube

Postby jlynton » 06 Nov 2018, 16:06

MikeC wrote:

janui,

Mike C

Same for me, I have reverted to the original 0.5 too. Before doing so I did try to delete the network mounts, then recreate them but that didn't work either.
jlynton

Postby janui » 06 Nov 2018, 17:39

Hello MikeC, nic, Toube & jlynton,

I have just pushed a temporary fix to github for the mount problem. A gitpull will restore the mount situation to as it was in 20180903-4.

This will reintroduce a looping problem if the Network Mount is off-line. This is irritating, but does not actually cause any problems. To solve it you need to remove the mount.

For those who want to modify the code rather than using gitpull, edit the file:
/srv/http/app/libs/runeaudio.php
Search for this:
function wrk_sourcemount($redis, $action, $id = null)
{
    switch ($action) {
        case 'mount':
            $mp = $redis->hGetAll('mount_'.$id);
            // check that the mount server is on-line
            $retval = sysCmd('avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei "smb|cifs|nfs" | grep -i -c "'.$mp['address'].'"');
            if ($retval[0] == 0) {
               // the mount server is not visible, so don't even try to mount it
               $mp['error'] = 'Network Mount off-line';
               return 0;
            }
            unset($retval);
            $mpdproc = getMpdDaemonDetalis();
            sysCmd("mkdir \"/mnt/MPD/NAS/".$mp['name']."\"");
And comment some of the lines out, like this:
            // check that the mount server is on-line
            // $retval = sysCmd('avahi-browse -atrlkp | grep -Ei "smb|cifs|nfs" | grep -i -c "'.$mp['address'].'"');
            // if ($retval[0] == 0) {
               // the mount server is not visible, so don't even try to mount it
               // $mp['error'] = 'Network Mount off-line';
               // return 0;
            // }
            // unset($retval);

I will need to spend some time on this to fix it properly. I will keep you informed.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi