RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 20:03

Hi jlynton,
jlynton wrote:Thanks Janui, I will do so as soon as it stops again, and post the result. I do not need to run the commands as su, right?
Right.
janui
janui

Postby popov » 12 Oct 2018, 16:16

Hi

Really strange I see mdns request from clients... but no answer from runeaudio... and when I restart avahi... runeaudio send information but looks like client not getting it .... If can take time with week end
No issue with apple system so ?
Popov

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
popov

Postby jlynton » 14 Oct 2018, 16:54

Janui,

The runeaudio.local address stopped working today, after some 72 hours of it working correctly. I tried as you said...

Code: Select all
root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl stop shairport-sync
root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl stop avahi-daemon
Job for avahi-daemon.service canceled.
root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl start avahi-daemon
root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl start shairport-sync
root@runeaudio(rw):~#

It still did not work, but after rebooting my PC it did. The whole time that runeaudio.local did not work, I was able to connect using the pi's (fixed) IP, I was also able to connect using the RuneAudio android app (where I have NOT entered the pi's IP).
jlynton

Postby janui » 14 Oct 2018, 17:29

HI jlynton,
Thanks for trying the commands and reporting back.
jlynton wrote:It still did not work, but after rebooting my PC it did. The whole time that runeaudio.local did not work, I was able to connect using the pi's (fixed) IP, I was also able to connect using the RuneAudio android app (where I have NOT entered the pi's IP).
From this, it would seem that Rune is working correctly, but somehow your PC is 'forgetting' the link to the IP address. If it’s a Windows PC you could try deinstalling and reinstalling Bonjour (reboot after deinstalling). You can download it from the Apple site here: https://support.apple.com/downloads just search for Bonjour. It is called ‘Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2’.
janui
janui

Postby jlynton » 14 Oct 2018, 19:05

janui wrote:...From this, it would seem that Rune is working correctly, but somehow your PC is 'forgetting' the link to the IP address. If it’s a Windows PC you could try deinstalling and reinstalling Bonjour (reboot after deinstalling). You can download it from the Apple site here: https://support.apple.com/downloads just search for Bonjour. It is called ‘Bonjour Print Services for Windows v2.0.2’.
janui

Thanks Janui, but I would never use windows! My PC runs Linux Mint. It does not do this with Volumio, and never did it previously with RuneAudio 0.3 or 0.4.
I have tried running
systemctl restart avahi-daemon

on the PC, but that did not help.
jlynton

Postby popov » 14 Oct 2018, 21:19

Hi

This came from client... I was focused on Runeaudio. but in fact when fail, i loose all .local adress, only o one client... Others are still working

On linux restarting dhcpcd "solve", but not explain

Regards
popov

Postby janui » 15 Oct 2018, 10:43

Hi popov & jlynton,
popov wrote:On linux restarting dhcpcd "solve", but not explain
That is interesting, so it seems to be related to dhcpcd. This command should show what your linux client can see:
avahi-browse -atrlkp
I wonder if there is a difference between when it is working and when it fails. These posts could also help: https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ain-issues and this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=205917 and this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... nIduBxVkSI
janui
janui

Postby jlynton » 15 Oct 2018, 15:11

Hello Janui,

I have run
avahi-browse-atrlkp
when runeaudio.local is not working, and again when it is. When it is NOT working,there is no data returned at all. When it is working it returns
+;enp4s0;IPv4;RUNEAUDIO;_smb._tcp;local
+;enp4s0;IPv4;runeaudio;_mpd._tcp;local
=;enp4s0;IPv4;RuneAudio\032\091runeaudio\093\032\091b8\05827\058eb\05867\05861\0585e\093;_http._tcp;local;runeaudio.local;10.24.57.35;80;"runeos_version=0.5-gearhead-janui" "skin_name=RuneUI"
=;enp4s0;IPv4;RUNEAUDIO;_smb._tcp;local;runeaudio.local;10.24.57.35;445;
=;enp4s0;IPv4;runeaudio;_mpd._tcp;local;runeaudio.local;10.24.57.35;6600;
jeremy@jeremy ~ $
This is preceded by a lot of info regarding my NAS, can PM it to you if you like.

When it is not working, if I reboot both the Pi and the PC, it does not then work. The only (as far as I know) way to make it work again is to first run (on the Pi)
root@runeaudio(rw):~# systemctl restart avahi-daemon
then to restart my PC.
jlynton

Postby popov » 15 Oct 2018, 19:00

Hi

When .local is down
ping runeaudio.local = unkonw host
avahi-browse -atrlkp = nothing
avahi-resolve -n raspberrypi.local = nothing

On or 2 more
avahi-resolve -n raspberrypi.local => fe80::ebcb:62fc:9951:aa82 => IP v6 is disable on avahi !!!!!, and my dhpc is not delevering any ipV6
on more
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ avahi-resolve -n raspberrypi.local
raspberrypi.local 192.168.1.15
avahi-browse -atrlkp = nothing
ping runeauio.local = ko

systemctl restart dhcpcd
ping runeaudio = ok
avahi-resolve -n raspberrypi.local
raspberrypi.local 192.168.1.15
avahi-browse -atrlkp = Ok with only ipv4 address .....
popov

Postby Pushok62 » 15 Oct 2018, 21:18

Hi everyone!
Tried to setup RPi.GPIO library (for connection LCD, buttons and IR to my Raspberry Pi3 Model B), but many errors is given with this image version 0.5 (at first there were no python modules: six, appdirs, packaging, pyparsing, pip, but after their installation remained mistakes like "{standard input}: xxxx: Error: unknown pseudo-op:..."). In what can the reason be?
Pushok62

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi