RuneAudio 0.5-beta for most Raspberry Pi models

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.5-beta for all Raspberry Pi models

Postby nkwhahaha » 10 Oct 2018, 14:14

nkwhahaha wrote:i try to install 0.5 to my pi 3 b+ , but it freeze on the starting screen?
Is it related to my sd card problem? Thanks!

I have download the img 3-5 times, and the SHA-256 was matched.
I capture the screen, after that, it will go to starting screen and freeze.
Anyone know about this? Thanks!
nkwhahaha

Postby popov » 10 Oct 2018, 19:30

Hi jlynton,

We will try to force avahi to refresh client cache... Not clean we will use cron and restart avahi every hour (you can try less if not working)

Code: Select all
sudo crontab -e

add
00 01 * * * systemctl restart avahi-daemon

verify with
sudo crontab -l
00 01 * * * /srv/http/addonsupdate.sh &

reboot

Regards
popov

Postby Sn4kY » 11 Oct 2018, 08:09

nkwhahaha wrote:
nkwhahaha wrote:i try to install 0.5 to my pi 3 b+ , but it freeze on the starting screen?

Actually, it's not really freezing. The splash screen just don't disapear when booted.
Check your network connectivity (RJ45 of course for the first time), and you can connect to Rune via your usual browser.
Sn4kY

Postby Sn4kY » 11 Oct 2018, 08:33

Hi everybody.

Yesterday I was installing for the first time RuneAudio, for testing purpose.
This is very nice ! but...

- I've noticed one bug, on the wifi management process :
My wifi has a "+" character in the SSID : "P+M_5GHZ". It's valid for all platforms but RuneAudio can't connect to It.
After dumping the configuration, I've understood why... The wifi configuration file stored in the "/etc/[can't remember the name]/" Directory was named by RuneAudio "P M_5GHZ", and the config inside contains too this bad SSID name.

To solve this issue, I've just unpacked the tarball backup config file, renamed correctly the file (with the "+" character), changed the SSID inside the config file, tar gz the whole directory and restore the backup tarball by normal process.

It's now working like a charm, but it's a little bit confusing... where Volumio (that i've tested just before) works perfectly.

- Other thing, to "burn" the runeaudio image to a SD file, Windows users must uncompress the .img.gz first, so with the popular img burner Win32DiskImager, we are NOT able to sha256sum the GZ file (this app embeed checksum tester, but only with .img files)...
I think it's better to provide the SHA256 of the .img directly (or maybe both), so even if the zipping/unzipping process failed for some reason, we could known that the image we get was corrupted.

For Windows users there is one good option to verify the checksum of any kind of file with Windows powershell (right click with SHIFT key, and select "Open Poweshell window here" (or something like that, my windows is in French), and type :

Get-FileHash .\20180903_runeaudio_rpiB2.img -Algorithm SHA256 | Format-List

The cksum of gunzipped file is
Hash : B27CB298536EB163C20B50FBEED033263D4BCD4D5226F6A239BECE26BFD414A7

- Third thing (only cosmetic I think), I've used a HIFIBERRY DIGI+ PRO, but there is any in the configuration I²C list. Only Digi Plus, Digi Pro, etc. "Digi Pro" doesn't exists at HifiBerry store, so I setup with DIgi Pro, and it's working.

Again, thanks for your good work !!
Sn4kY

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 08:58

HI Sn4kY,

Thanks for your feedback, I will look in detail at the problems and suggestions. When I fix these, patches will be available using git pull. See the first post in this thread for update instructions.

janui
janui

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 09:27

Hi popov and jlynto,
popov wrote:Hi jlynton,
We will try to force avahi to refresh client cache... Not clean we will use cron and restart avahi every hour (you can try less if not working)
sudo crontab -e
add
I am also working on an almost identical workaround for this problem. It should be available at the weekend via git pull. Restarting avahi once per day should be sufficient. Another user has also reported that the broadcasting of the Airplay name is also failing after a couple of days. If anyone else is seeing this please report it on the forum.
janui
janui

Postby nkwhahaha » 11 Oct 2018, 12:46

Sn4kY wrote:
nkwhahaha wrote:

Actually, it's not really freezing. The splash screen just don't disapear when booted.
Check your network connectivity (RJ45 of course for the first time), and you can connect to Rune via your usual browser.

Thanks! It works now.
nkwhahaha

Postby jlynton » 11 Oct 2018, 16:24

janui wrote:Hi popov and jlynto,
popov wrote:Hi jlynton,
sudo crontab -e
add
I am also working on an almost identical workaround for this problem. It should be available at the weekend via git pull. Restarting avahi once per day should be sufficient. Another user has also reported that the broadcasting of the Airplay name is also failing after a couple of days. If anyone else is seeing this please report it on the forum.
janui

Thank you both, I think I will wait for the weekend update via git pull, as it is a minor issue. However, I did try just "sudo systemctl restart avahi-daemon" and that did not fix anything.

[edit]Later I restarted my PC (linux), then runeaudio.local worked again.[/edit]
jlynton

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 19:53

Hi jlynton,
jlynton wrote:Thank you both, I think I will wait for the weekend update via git pull, as it is a minor issue. However, I did try just "sudo systemctl restart avahi-daemon" and that did not fix anything.
Thank you for posting this. My fix will not work if this did not fix anything. I still have the problem that I cannot reproduce the situation where this goes wrong and all the diagnostics you have tried seem to indicate that all is working correctly. We have already established that it works, but somehow it fails after a couple of days. Could you to try this the next time it stops working:
systemctl stop shairport-sync
systemctl stop avahi-daemon
systemctl start avahi-daemon
systemctl start shairport-sync
Thanks again,
janui
janui

Postby jlynton » 11 Oct 2018, 19:56

Thanks Janui, I will do so as soon as it stops again, and post the result. I do not need to run the commands as su, right?
jlynton

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi