RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby HansRune » 19 Aug 2018, 11:40

After spending many hours and exchanging hardware like my RPi it looks if the temperature of the board is the main suspect. Booting after 10 minutes cooling down works in, let's say, 95% of the time. If it still does not boot then it works after one or two retries. Am I the only one with this problem? Anyone suggestions?
HansRune

Postby Kilgore » 29 Aug 2018, 05:13

Do you have decent sized heatsinks on the main chips?
Does your case have ventilation or is it naked and in the open?

If you get a can of electronics 'freeze spray' [like this https://www.jaycar.com.au/freezing-spray-can/p/NA1000 ] you will be able to use it to identify the exact area giving you grief. Just run the Pi until it fails and then hit a component with the spray and see if it instantly fixes the problem. You can also use gentle heat from a hair dryer to see if you can get the problem back to test again.
[Rune 0.4 Beta / Rasbperry Pi 3 / Pi 7" touch screen / HiFi Digi+ Pro / Optical / Schiit Bifrost MB]
Kilgore

Raspberry 3 B+ & RuneAudio

Postby candme » 01 Sep 2018, 20:19

Raspberry 3 B+ seems to have not been in the focus.
Sadly.

The latest image is just not compatible.

Will this be available at some time? I sure hope hop because I was really excited on my first ever Raspberry project with RuneAudio and to my disappointment, I had to swith to Volumio (ana Hazen : Arabic for "I'm Sad")

Hope to hear seom positive news about a stable image that works on the 3B+

Many thanks in advance
candme

Re: Raspberry 3 B+ & RuneAudio

Postby tml3nr » 03 Sep 2018, 11:48

candme wrote:Raspberry 3 B+ seems to have not been in the focus.
Sadly.

The latest image is just not compatible.

Will this be available at some time? I sure hope hop because I was really excited on my first ever Raspberry project with RuneAudio and to my disappointment, I had to swith to Volumio (ana Hazen : Arabic for "I'm Sad")

Hope to hear seom positive news about a stable image that works on the 3B+

Many thanks in advance

Before Rune official release. You can use this one:

rpi-3-b-t6393.html#p25369
tml3nr

Postby fenyhullamlovas » 08 Sep 2018, 14:19

Hello

Could somebody tell me anything about the hifiberry digi+ PRO support. I should work because it is in the i2s list but by me doesn't want to appear in the output list. the info says: you don't need to change anything in the config.txt.........................
fenyhullamlovas

Postby erpol » 11 Sep 2018, 08:41

Hi all,

Just my 2 cents: I had the exact same issue, that is when installing RA version 0.4b on a Pi3, which is much better and stabler in every respect than 0.3, PLUS accepts the fantastic Addons extension which 0.3 does not, the max sound output was very low, either on the integrated soundcard or on a Hifiberry Dac+.

Going to the Alsamixer (http://<your Pi IP>:8080), choosing the "sndrpihifiberry" card and setting all sliders to 100% fixed this. What did it for me are the "Digital Playback" sliders, that were at 47%. Note that these levels are independent from the RA/Dac+ software or hardware volumes.

RP
erpol

Postby gyula.borsos » 04 Oct 2018, 09:11

Hi guys,

i want to use the luma.oled, but is missing libmpfr.so.6.
I have the SPI enabled in boot/config.txt --> dmesg | grep spi --> OK
I can't install spidev :(

Have somebody any Ideas?

Thank in advance.
gyula.borsos

Postby gyula.borsos » 04 Oct 2018, 14:17

Solution: pacman -Sy mpfr
gyula.borsos

Postby Dimon B » 27 Oct 2018, 14:34

Hello, can I install the driver for Aoide DAC II, so that it appears in the list of i2s and this hat worked in runeaudio?
Dimon B

Postby rastus » 28 Oct 2018, 01:58

Dimon B wrote:Hello, can I install the driver for Aoide DAC II, so that it appears in the list of i2s and this hat worked in runeaudio?

You may want to try the "RPi DAC" setting in RuneAudio, it works for your DAC in Max to Play and piCore Player, so it may work with your DAC in RuneAudio.

And you may want to read this:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-and- ... 12509.html

Of note: "The advantages of using Volumio's internal Hardware 32/64 bit ESS SABRE DAC and non-Software volume are better dynamics and less distortion at low level."

Good luck.

EDIT: PS: I like what I've been reading about that DAC, please let us know how you get along and how it sounds.
rastus

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi