RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby parthabhatta » 18 Jan 2018, 18:32

This is my first post in RuneAudio.
A bit about myself.
I am from India and a music lover. I am using a Rpi as a KODI (mainly OpenElec) player since 2014 (A RPi 1 512mb model with HFB DAC fitted on top). Now upgraded to RPi 3B with Allo BOSS v 1.2 and thought of trying a dedicated Music Playing software. Volumio didn't suit me as it does not automount my USB HDDs (I am a Linux newbie). Changed to RuneAudio and I am loving this.I have installed Beta 0.4_29022017 version and using RuneAudioAP to run the UI through my mobile.
I thank all Devs for this wonderful free software.

Now coming to the point - I need some support,somebody please help me :

I wish to connect my iRuneAudio with my home WiFi Router which has internet connection instead of built in RuneAudioAP. I understand, in that case, in "Network" menu I have to add an AP with my Router's SSID, PASSPHRASE. Now my questions are:
1. What do I fill in in other fields like IP Address, Broadcast, DHCP range, DNS server etc. Normally SSID & PASSPHRASE is enough to get a connection.
2. Is it that - Once I put a fresh AP setting, the Default RuneAudioAP will get erased and in case I am not able to get my RPi connected I would have to reinstall RuneAudio afresh or the default RuneAudioAP will again become live and come to my rescue?

Anybody please guide me in detail so that I can enjoy RuneAudio.
Regards

EDIT : I could do it myself. Its easy - Just I had to find the right button to click. Actually the Button is designed in such a way that it simply appears as a notification box with Wlan IP address. When I pressed it I discovered the thing and configured it :idea: . Very happy that I could do it myself. :D
parthabhatta

Postby hondagx35 » 19 Jan 2018, 00:59

Hi parthabhatta ,

welcome to RuneAudio.

I could do it myself. Its easy
Very happy that I could do it myself. :D

Thanks for reporting.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Bonfire » 23 Jan 2018, 12:09

I just installed the 0.4 Image from the main download page. But the WIFI Hotspot is not working. Is this feature only in the (older) test image from february 2017?
Bonfire

Postby hondagx35 » 23 Jan 2018, 19:09

Hi Bonfire,

But the WIFI Hotspot is not working. Is this feature only in the (older) test image from february 2017?

Yes, but the test image is the latest version available.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby parthabhatta » 28 Jan 2018, 18:44

I have been using RuneAudio since a week and I am very happy. I use the beta 0.4 verion from Feb 2017 on my Rpi 3B + Allo Boss DAC (V 1.2). I have been facing a problem with my wifi connectivity. My wifi connection of RPi is not stable. Sometimes, it doesn't connect to my wifi on boot. I have to restart Rune for a couple of times until it recognizes the wifi SSID and gets connected. Sometimes I have to delete the Wifi profile (by logging through built in WiFI AP) and rebuild the same. A few times I have to clear the Phone browser's cache to get the thing working. But none of these methods have proved to be foolproof and perfectly working everytime. Problem lies when, after listening for some time, the WebUI freezes (the song goes on though) and hangs and I am left with no way but to Force restart the RuneAudio by disconnecting power and Reconnecting. I am afraid that this may corrupt the OS, the Card or some Hardware like the boards or my HDDs running through powered USB hub.
My question is - Is this a known WiFI bug and being looked into by the Devs or there are some problems at my end which needs sorting out by me. Please help.
BTW there is nothing wrong with my electronics because the same setup connects to WiFI everytime on boot (without fail) when I run XBMC KODI Krypton (OSMC, LibreElec etc).
Please guide.
parthabhatta

Postby PhilHill » 29 Jan 2018, 00:30

Hi parthabhatta,

Can you login via SSH ?
So you won't have to hard Reset all the time.
Do an Filesystem check.

kind Regards,
Phil.
PhilHill

Postby parthabhatta » 29 Jan 2018, 05:30

PhilHill wrote:Hi parthabhatta,

Can you login via SSH ?
So you won't have to hard Reset all the time.
Do an Filesystem check.

kind Regards,
Phil.

Yes I can ssh when wifi connects. How to do filesystem check?
parthabhatta

Postby jazzd » 26 Feb 2018, 02:05

My first foray into streaming audio. Saw the "Hans Bee... Channel" review and thought this sounded like the ticket. Messed up downloading an older firmware package, but once I got the one at the start of this thread it went pretty fast. I took a few suggestions right off the bat, like setting the volume to 100% on the playback page and then disabling the volume in MPD. Switched on Hifi Berry Digi/Digi+ in the module. I also went for the ASX sound signature as recommended by Hans. Everything's working great so far (been playing it a few hours now). Dac locked onto the Digi+ no problem. Sounds a bit bright, might need to get a better coax, but hey this is pretty cool I must say. Nice very open soundstage here. Timing seems right. Finally got my 2+TB music library at my fingertips (that took a couple of hours to load). I will report back after some more concerted listening.

This is great. Thanks a bunch for a fine piece of software!
RP3, Hifiberry Digi Pro+, SPDIF, Tera Dac V2.4
jazzd

Postby gearhead » 28 Feb 2018, 15:15

Cannot connect to hidden SSID with this image.

I've not really tried to run a Rune with wifi until now. I want to put one in the kitchen and no cable is possible. This is on a Pi3. I downloaded the image, flashed the 0.4 beta to the card, booted it up, updated the UI to the current 0.4b via git and it all works off a hard wire. I can SSH as well as access the UI. From the UI, I add the SSID of the hidden network I want to connect to with the password and all. When it refreshes, I can now see the hidden network in the drop down list with the power associated with it and all, but when I try to connect, nothing happens. it never gets an address from the router. This same device will connect to a router without a hidden SSID. If I take out the card and put in an arch v7 fully updated image on it, I have no problem connecting to the hidden SSID from this image. It is so long ago, I forgot how I set that up, but I did it via some CLI based tool from Arch, I believe.

Do I need to update some packages on the Rune image? Do I need to add a package? It appears that the hidden=1 is already added to the /etc/netctl/"ssid" file by the UI

Gearhead
gearhead

Postby R101 » 28 Feb 2018, 16:18

This sounds very similar to a problem I had. I think Rune might have a problem connecting to a hidden SSID which requires AES encryption.

I fixed it by logging in with SSH, then

Code: Select all
netctl edit (your SSID)

Change these lines to:

'proto=RSN WPA'
'group=CCMP TKIP'
'pairwise=CCMP TKIP'
(Pi 3B, rAudio-1, JLS I2S over USB)
R101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi