RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby Ripa » 23 Dec 2017, 17:08

Hi Frank,

I it possible to make the Artist and Lyric info selecteable because each time
it toggle between the normal screen and the Artist and Lyric info screen

it must only work if you select info on the screen, it toggle a few times and sty in the Artist and Lyric info screen

thx
JP
Ripa

Postby Ripa » 23 Dec 2017, 17:15

s.k. wrote:Hi Frank, thanks a lot for your efforts
I just test your release on a Pi2 with a Digi Pro and works just fine, but I have problems installing my remote control.
This guide (ir-remote-problems-t4351.html#p19420) was successfully in the previous version but in this one it doesn’t work.
Does anyone have managed to install IR remote on this release?
Best regards
Stavros

Stravros,

how can i make the code works just like an cd player with RC5 code

thx
JP
Ripa

Postby bnilsson » 25 Dec 2017, 12:15

Ripa wrote:
About Qobuz streaming access, I am using my Qobuz streaming account with the BubbleUPnP app for Android, using the RuneAudio player as a UPnP/DLNA renderer. It works flawlessly, even with HiRes 192kHz 24 bit.

The only tricky bit is if you have active player queues running both on the Bubble and Rune, they are taking turns in what is played which can be surprising sometimes. It is best to clear the queue that is not used.

BN

Hi BN,

Can you help me with this step by step to make this work, please
does it also work for deezer

thx
Jempie

Hi Jempie,

To use RuneAudio, BubbleUPnP and Qobuz, you need an Android pad or phone, and a running RuneAudio unit with UPnP/DLNA enabled, all on the same network. On the Android, install BubbleUPnP. You may select use the free version to start with, you may want to pay for a licensed version later to get rid of the ads, plus some other limitations.

On the top left of the BuppleUPnP app there is a menu, tap on it and you will see RENDERER, LIBRARY and Settings.
Under RENDERER you should see "Local Renderer", which is you Android unit, and "RuneAudioUPnP", which is your RuneAudio player. Select "RuneAudioUPnP".
Open library "Local and Cloud", select Qobuz and enter your credentials.
Browse the Qobuz for music in main bottom right tab Library, add tracks to the middle tab Playlist, tap on an item in the playlist to play it.
This is it, really.

(I will NOT describe the details of how to use BubbleUPnP here, it is off-topic in this forum, please refer to the appropriate docs, help, or forums for this).

deezer I have used, so there you are on your own.

BN
bnilsson

Postby flup2017 » 30 Dec 2017, 00:14

Dear Frank
Thanks for the advice to try out 0.4 beta, in order to sort out the repetitive global random behaviour. I have finally got it onto my Pi3 and am testing it out. It's got some lovely features. There are a couple of things I can't seem to get working however...

1. On the previously released build (0.3 beta), I was able to output high quality DAC via RCA sockets on my HiFiberryDAC+, AND also use the PI 3.5mm headphone as a monitor (to drive a magic eye tube, as it happens). This just seemed to work without much effort. I can't get this working at all on the new build, despite fiddling with the options and the Alsa controls. It seems I can either have one or the other. Any ideas please?

2. I tried installing the Rune UIe enhancements add-on (as I like the swipe control). Although the documentation suggests that this is compatible with 0.4, I found it glitchy and the artist info screens didn't load properly.

3. I have implemented your suggestion to add random tracks from a playlist, in order to circumvent the global random problem I reported previously. Unfortunately I can't seem to construct a playlist from my entire library - it seems to stop at about 1300 tracks. Is there a workaround please?

Sorry for all the questions - I have tried to find the answers elsewhere first! Thanks again for your fantastic work on this project.
Cheers
flup2017
flup2017

Postby hondagx35 » 30 Dec 2017, 13:01

Hi ,

1) For performance reasons we use the command "enable" with option "only":
enable [only] <output # or name> [...]
Enables the output(s); a list of one or more names or numbers is required. If "only" is the first argument, all other outputs are disabled.

2) please ask the developer for help, because we are not able to support the addons.

3) I am able to add up to 16384 songs to my queue, this is the default setting.
Please check the debug information for the available memory.
Resource Limitations

These settings are various limitations to prevent MPD from using too many resources (denial of service).
Setting Description
max_playlist_length NUMBER The maximum number of songs that can be in the playlist. Default is 16384.

This is a good choice, because the UI starts to get laggy at this point.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby flup2017 » 31 Dec 2017, 16:15

Thanks Frank for prompt response.

On items 1 & 3, you seem to be referring to some form of config file, which isn't /root/config.txt. Please would you advise me where I need to look for this? Sorry if it's been answered before but there are 41 pages of discussion under one subject line, so it's hard for me to find stuff. Can I modify the settings you mentioned, or are they hard-wired?

On item 2 - I'll trade the nice UI extensions if I can get good randomised play! Is there a way to hard-wire the 'add random track from playlist' option without manually accessing the queue screen? I find it doesn't work if there is anything already in the queue after power up. Also, I have autoplay set to ON but again manual intervention is required.

I wish also to add my voice to those who have reported problems with the screensaver - it flicks back and forth between the UI and the artist info screen multiple times, before eventually settling down. I also have a RPI 7" official touch screen.

I'm more than happy to help with any debug info or experiments on any of these things, although I'm sure you have higher priorities at the moment. My goal is to get a fully randomised playback of the whole library automatically on power up.

Happy new year
Flup2017
flup2017

Postby Ripa » 05 Jan 2018, 18:17

Hi Frank,

I it possible to make the Artist and Lyric info selecteable because each time
within 1 second

i radther switch it off

thx
Jempie
Ripa

Postby hondagx35 » 05 Jan 2018, 18:33

Hi Jempie,

within 1 second

With my original 7" touch TFT it works perfectly without switching back and forth.
It should only react to mousemove, mouseclick and keypress,
see https://github.com/hondagx35/RuneUI/blob/0.4b/assets/js/runeui.js#L155

I it possible to make the Artist and Lyric info selecteable

It can be switched off on the settings page by entering -1 for the screensaver time.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Ripa » 06 Jan 2018, 13:19

Frank,

I have try this.

what is the difference between the two screen saver?

both screen saver still the same
i have the complete kit of Audiophonics also the display and i think its the original
must i reset the Raspberry?

thx
Jempie
Ripa

Postby Ripa » 06 Jan 2018, 13:21

Frank,

i see its the local and the remote screen.

thx
Jempie
Ripa

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi