RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby andfor » 05 Sep 2017, 15:43

Hello,

So for now I think i solved the high CPU problem.... Here's how:

The command that was causing the problem was 'midori -p -e Fullscreen html://localhost'. According to top this was process number 728.

The file /proc/728/cmdline contained this command so I just commented it out and rebooted.

Now I have no problems with radio streams any more and my system is running with much less CPU and memory usage.

I have to say that I am just a novice at all this stuff and that this was the result of just exploring root directory folders and the top output. As such I have no idea why this has worked! If you can explain that would be great.

Also if there's any chance I've broken anything else by altering this file please let me know.
andfor

Postby Stephane » 05 Sep 2017, 16:10

Hi,

Basically you did nothing as the /proc entries are dynamically added as the system runs.
Rebooting the system was more helpfull.
Stephane

Postby hondagx35 » 05 Sep 2017, 17:08

Hi andfor,

so you have no display connected right?

If so, it would be best to turn off the "Local browser" option on the settings page.
This option is enabled by default for easy setup and for all with a 7" TFT touch display as described in the first post.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby andfor » 05 Sep 2017, 18:09

Hi

Stephane wrote:Hi,

Basically you did nothing as the /proc entries are dynamically added as the system runs.
Rebooting the system was more helpfull.

Ah... ok. As I said, new to all this. But you only learn by trying stuff out and asking dumb questions don't you? Thanks for clearing that up. The problem was surviving reboots though, hence my concern...

Hi andfor,

so you have no display connected right?

If so, it would be best to turn off the "Local browser" option on the settings page.
This option is enabled by default for easy setup and for all with a 7" TFT touch display as described in the first post.

Frank

No display connected. Yes, I had tried turning this off, vaguely thinking that midori was something to do with browser something...something... I only hit 'Apply Settings' thinking this would be enough, but it obviously required a reboot. Seems that this was the real reason behind my 'solution'.

I turned Local Browser on and off a couple of times to confirm and it is what was causing the high CPU.

Still doesn't answer why this caused a problem for me. It would be interesting to know. Does it indicate that I have a problem lurking somewhere? Maybe a fresh install would be best.

Thanks for your help
andfor

Postby hkknudsen » 13 Sep 2017, 06:30

-
Last edited by hkknudsen on 15 Oct 2017, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
hkknudsen

Sorting issue

Postby cmh714 » 21 Sep 2017, 16:44

I just installed a couple of Add-Ons. It fixed one sorting issue I had which was really minor and seems to have exposed another sorting issue....Now when I go into an Album/C/Whatever, the songs are sorted by Name alphabetically and not by Song Order....anyway to get that back?

And, this could have nothing to do with the Add-Ons....since I often use the gitpull from the /dev page.

TIA

EDIT: Alright sorting seems to be a general issue for MPD from my reading. The Playlist/Queue seems to honor the Track Number tag OR the Filename (not sure which yet...). However, the Library folders seem to go by the Track Name tag.

So I would like to get the Library folders to do the same as the Playlist/Queue....any ideas? Thx
cmh714

Postby markaberrant » 26 Sep 2017, 02:51

Does the "Volume Normalization" have any impact on Spotify playback? I have toggled it a few times while playing spotify, and it seems to have no effect, doesn't even temporarily pause the song. Sorry if this is a stupid question, it would be nice to normalize a Spotify playlist, thanks.
markaberrant

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Sep 2017, 16:11

Hi markaberrant,

Does the "Volume Normalization" have any impact on Spotify playback?

No, it doesn't because Spotify uses its own player and not MPD.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Sep 2017, 16:33

Hi cmh714,

So I would like to get the Library folders to do the same as the Playlist/Queue....any ideas? Thx

This should work with the image from the first post.

sorting.png
sorting.png (73.84 KiB) Viewed 1687 times

I get the same output from File, Album and Queue.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby cmh714 » 27 Sep 2017, 16:37

hondagx35 wrote:Hi cmh714,

This should work with the image from the first post.

The attachment sorting.png is no longer available

I get the same output from File, Album and Queue.

Frank

Thanks for looking Frank....a day or two later I see my sort is back to "normal"...so not sure what was up with that. I am still having one minor sorting issue that I have had for a long time....for some reason, One Artist/Folder is mis-sorted, it appears that whatever is the halfway of the list gets put at the top...so for example, John Fogerty should NOT be at the top...all my Main folders have this quirk...Thx!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (223.74 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
cmh714

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi