RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.4-beta for Raspberry Pi2/3

Postby hondagx35 » 21 Aug 2017, 22:57

Hi andfor,

welcome to RuneAudio and thank you for the report.

The random list is the same every time. Same songs in the same order.

I have to check this, I will report here later.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby nic » 24 Aug 2017, 18:56

I've just got 0.4 up and running with a RPi3 with Kali and Piano 2.1 . I'm finding two issues . First is that albums are not always played back in order . I'm also experiencing unresponsive UI which only seems to occur after a few minutes use . This does not seem to be browser related , Edge , Chrome on my PC and Safari on my iPhone show the same issue with the UI not loading

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby andfor » 24 Aug 2017, 22:21

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response. Since I've started reporting small issues, here are a couple more I noticed:

-
Using the search box works on most screens of the library UI ('Your Library', 'USB Mounts', 'Albums' and all their sub folders.) But searching in the 'Artists' screen just returns a list of 'undefined' entries. This happens no matter what search term is used.

When searching in 'Albums' the search returns correct results, but pressing the Back button takes me to a screen with 'USB' and 'Webradio' rather than the previous screen.
-

Not really problems for me as I don't use search much, but thought I'd flag them anyway.

Also, I had one maybe unrelated question: is it recommended to expand the file system partition? I haven't done it yet and all is working well. Just wondered....

Thanks again for all your help.
andfor

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:10

Hi nic,

I'm also experiencing unresponsive UI which only seems to occur after a few minutes use .

Please post your debug data.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby hondagx35 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:12

Hi andfor,

is it recommended to expand the file system partition?

You only have to expand the filesystem if you like to make modifications (install packages).

Frank
hondagx35

Postby nic » 25 Aug 2017, 18:49

[code][/code]
hondagx35 wrote:Hi nic,

I'm also experiencing unresponsive UI which only seems to occur after a few minutes use .

Please post your debug data.

Frank

Hi Frank ,
The UI issue seems to have cleared itself , today it's stable .

https://pastebin.com/raw/bTAgxK1D

By the way . Great work ! Thank you

cheers

Nic
Pi3 , Kali / Piano 2.1 (with dedicated choke input PSU) ----6SN7 beta follower---BUZ900P choke loaded source follower---Beyma 15XT in 230l cabinets/TPL150H AMT .
nic

Postby markaberrant » 01 Sep 2017, 19:54

I have 2 seperate Pi running .04-beta (1 at home, 1 at my brewery). Both of them see my Spotify playlists, but the one at the brewery won't play the Spotify music. We run spotify at the brewery on laptops, phones and whatnot without issue.

I go into the Rune GUI and select a Spotify Playlist, choose "add, replace, and play," but nothing plays. When I go to the Playback screen it shows a blank queue, yet I go to the Queue tab and it shows the songs from the Playlist I selected. No matter what I try, I can't get them to actually play.

Otherwise, both PI function the same. I play FLAC files off attached USB on both no problem.

Help!
markaberrant

Postby andfor » 02 Sep 2017, 22:06

Hello again,

Just randomly checking CPU usage with top and noticed that midori is using 70% cpu! I'm sure this can't be right? It seems to be happening when I am listening to radio stations.

When I stop the stream it stays at 70%, but if I then start playing music from the attached HDD it drops to <10%.

Sometimes, If I open a radio stream after reboot, midori CPU is at <10%, but as soon as I change the stream to a different radio station it goes up to 70%.

This can also make the UI slow and sometimes totally unresponsive, with the infinite spinning circle.

The only modification I have made is to srv/http/assets/js/runeui.js to customise the Library Home screen (as per this post: is-it-possible-to-change-the-order-of-the-library-t3133.html).

Any ideas why this is happening? Is it normal? My setup has been great for weeks, but now I have unstable UI and broken radio. Its been on all day so I'll try again in the morning.

Let me know if you need debug info.

On a related issue: why do radio streams have to be added to the play queue? Is this necessary because of the way Rune works? Could it be handled differently? There is really no point having radio streams in there.

Many thanks for your help.

---- EDIT----

It's the next morning and just playing around with my system again. The UI is stable again now, but still have high CPU issues with midori.

I replaced runeui.js with Frank's updated files from here download/file.php?id=941 just to see if my messing around with the .js files was the cause, but the issue is still there with the stock files.

I can bring down the CPU % by playing a file from HDD and then switching back again to radio stream via the queue. Also once I have done this I can keep the % low by changing stations from within the play queue.

If I 'Add and Play' or 'Add Replace and Play' a station from the library the CPU shoots up to 70% for all stations.

I have 1 station that stays at 70% no matter what I do. The only visible difference with this station is that the station name has '00:00' after it in faint font. The other stations sometimes have this until I click on them it disappears, but with this one station it remains behind.

Also this station is the only one that will bring down the CPU% when I press the stop button. With all the others the CPU stays high even when the stream is stopped.

So this seems to be something to do with the play queue? It's very weird..... Sorry for the rambling post, but maybe all these observations can help find out what is wrong?
andfor

Postby hondagx35 » 03 Sep 2017, 19:40

Hi andfor,

why do radio streams have to be added to the play queue? Is this necessary because of the way Rune works?

It is because of the way how MPD the underlying music player works.

Just randomly checking CPU usage with top and noticed that midori is using 70% cpu! I'm sure this can't be right? It seems to be happening when I am listening to radio stations.

I will check this and report back here.

edit:
I was able to reproduce this once, but now it works all the time (tested with different streams, reboots and even shutdown).
Midori doesn't use much CPU time at all.
I will keep an eye on this and report back here.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby andfor » 04 Sep 2017, 21:29

Hi Frank,

Thanks. Interesting that you were able to see the same thing, but now it's cleared.

In case my last post was a bit confused, here is how I reproduce the problem:

- Adding a radio station to the queue from the library with 'Add and Play'.
- Adding a radio station from the library with 'Add Replace and Play'.
- Double-clicking on any radio station in the library.

These three things all cause high midori CPU.

If I just use 'Add' from the library and then start the stream from the play queue by clicking on it there is no problem. CPU is fine. Also switching between stations that are already in the queue is fine.

If there is any info I could collect whilst the problem is occurring that would help you, let me know.

I'm going to try a fresh installation with a different SD card. See if anything changes.

Thanks again for all your help.
andfor

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi