RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby Jan1959 » 11 Feb 2016, 19:48

ACX wrote:
jonas18z wrote:For me this is a dead project I had moved to moode player that's maybe not better but it's a active project.

Your lack of faith is disturbing me... :)

I confirm we still are fully active on development, even if we haven't disclosed many informations yet. We just opted to keep the hype (and the pressure on us...) low. Huge improvements are going to come soon, expecially on the UI side. And, most important, audio quality and usability are still and will always be our main goals.

Keep the good work going on.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk
Jan1959

Postby KHatfull » 12 Feb 2016, 04:21

ACX wrote:
jonas18z wrote:For me this is a dead project I had moved to moode player that's maybe not better but it's a active project.

I confirm we still are fully active on development, even if we haven't disclosed many informations yet. We just opted to keep the hype (and the pressure on us...) low. Huge improvements are going to come soon, expecially on the UI side. And, most important, audio quality and usability are still and will always be our main goals.

I have complete and utter faith in ACX and the rest of the team. I have no doubt that good things are coming.

And I tried moode just for fun...it lasted about 10 minutes.
Synology DS214+ -> RP3 -> Hifiberry Digi+ -> Audio-Gd NOS1704 (coax) -> Audio-GD C-2 preamp/headphone amp ->

1) Yamaha M-4 Power Amp -> Energy Pro 22 Speakers OR 2) HiFiMan HE-400i

Audio Nirvana!!!
KHatfull

Postby jonas18z » 25 Feb 2016, 23:58

Jan1959 wrote:
ACX wrote:

Keep the good work going on.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Maybe I'm missing something but the project seems abandoned:

https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS
https://github.com/RuneAudio/RuneOS/pulse/monthly

Mostly around 6 month old.
jonas18z

Postby rastus » 26 Feb 2016, 12:42

Givitafarkinrestwillya. Oh yee of little faith... how soon you forget. It's free, it's high end, it's what you've been waiting for all your (audiophile) life... and if there was better, you wouldn't be here complaining about something you know very little about (software programming), you would be there (wherever 'there' is) using some other software (complaining there too I would wager).

Thank you gentle-men for Rune Audio, and all the hours and hours of fun installing, uninstalling, configuring, playing music, and above all, learning! Programming this software package takes time... hours and hours of installing, uninstalling, configuring, and even learning. And maybe, just maybe, after these kind folk have earned a living, kept the wife and children happy, just maybe they will commit some of their life (time) to this project. Let them be, they are doing fine, we can wait, and when 'it' comes 'it' will be sooooo good (with more complaints). LoL! We can wait, and wait we will.... and.... mmm... we will enjoy the results of your hard work my friends! I luvya! Kisses and cuddles.

Maybe some of these folks should (instead of complaining) go read about networking, and network setups somewhere else, instead of asking the programmers (thus interrupting them in their fine endeavors). I seem to see a lot of asking, asking, asking, about that on this forum.

But alas, I've been berry, berry naughty (in this post)... and I should nah be. When it's ready it's ready, I can wait. MwaH!!!
rastus

Postby victorinox » 28 Feb 2016, 18:16

Hello!
Well, several chapters have been clearly improved since my last visit 1-2 years ago... :-) faster, new sources (jamendo, Spotify)...

However I have downloaded&installed the latest version and I have found the following issues in my Raspberry-2,
- Hifiberry Digi+ : not availabe... I can only see the 'analog phones-out' & 'HDMI'...
Is there a previous version where it can be recognized? or, can it be activated in the lastest one?
- Dirble: ...there is nothing there... but just the typical circle going round&/round
- I miss the option to power the USB ports with higher amp/volt. (something available at Moode Player and very helpful for external 2.5 HD)

On the other hand, would it be possible to incorporate/activate (Alsa) an equalizer? I have read something about it...

Thank you in advance!

Victor
victorinox

Postby hondagx35 » 29 Feb 2016, 00:05

Hi Victor,

- update your system
Code: Select all
cd /var/www
git stash
git pull

- you have to edit /boot/config.txt
to enable Hifiberry and to tweak USB power

please search the forum

Frank
hondagx35

Postby victorinox » 29 Feb 2016, 10:55

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Victor,

- update your system
Code: Select all
cd /var/www
git stash
git pull

- you have to edit /boot/config.txt
to enable Hifiberry and to tweak USB power

please search the forum

Frank

Done, Frank: Hifiberry Digi+ activated! Thanks!
Funny... I think the USB is already at maximum by default (=1)...

Victor
victorinox

Postby marzie » 04 Mar 2016, 23:16

Having similar issues that others have reported, added my details to this thread: http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/library-not-loading-t3131-10.html before coming here. Please let me know if there is something I should try.
marzie

Postby marzie » 04 Mar 2016, 23:41

FYI, as soon as I clicked the "repeat" icon on the playback page, the current track showed up, all those spinning wheels went away, and the queue started working. My library page is a spinning wheel right now, but it is probably still indexing my tracks. We will see if that works in a few hours.
marzie

Postby dynobot » 12 Mar 2016, 02:42

jonas18z wrote:
ACX wrote:
jonas18z wrote:Is RuneAudio a dead project, I don't see any new version for a long time. Same with Volumio.

Are there any Alternatives?

Hi jonas18z, we've been very busy lately, so we had to delay the 0.4 release. Moreover, we are already working on the next version of RuneAudio which will introduce a huge code refactoring and many improvements. So please be patient because RuneAudio is alive and healthy :)

For me this is a dead project I had moved to moode player that's maybe not better but it's a active project.

I feel the same way. Over the past decade or more I've watched many Linux projects fizzle out. As audio player software goes this and Volumio are about as comatose as you can get before fading off into oblivion. Active projects like Foobar or MPD for example have regular updates [big or small] to not only keep interest but to show continuous improvement. I've been using Daphile on a x86 computer, which again has regular updates esp. on the Beta side....probably several per month.

1+ years between updates [for some hardware] tells me that interest on the development side is either lacking and/or they bit off more than they can handle. Either way its time to move on....
dynobot

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi