RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby LC1 » 30 Oct 2014, 10:05

metalrob wrote:Give it up for today!

Crashes, lags, spinning arrows to eternity. No wlan.

Saving changes in 'MPD' leads into an endless spinning wheel.

Don't know what happened to that version. Maybe something's got broken when downloading.

Will try again tomorrow.

Is this the final beta, or a beta test version?

Me too, unfortunately.

Pi B+ with IQaudIO PI-DAC+

It worked for about 20 mins, no problems. Then I tried to disable hardware vol control and it crashed, eternal spinning arrows. Several reflashed SD images later and still a very unstable UI, updating various settings seems to crash it. Such a shame, was looking forward to this release after 0.3 alpha wouldn't work for me... :(

EDIT - Github update from the DEV page has fixed the hanging UI for me! Looking forward to exploring this fantastic new version. Only slight thing I have noticed is that deleting things individually from the queue is quite slow, compared the the lightening quickness of the rest of the UI. A very minor quibble :)
Last edited by LC1 on 31 Oct 2014, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
LC1

Postby sykodad » 30 Oct 2014, 10:13

PhM wrote:
sykodad wrote:When selecting my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ as the output and rebooting the system, the settings keeps reverting to the Raspberry Pi Analogue Output.

Seems than output can be change on the fly (as specified ;) ) but its not saved as default. If you 'Save and apply' on the page it will be kept on next reboot.

Unfortunately not, it keeps reverting even after a manual save.

Anyway, I'd like to thank the guys behind this project for their hard work. Kudos!

Regards,

Jan
sykodad

Postby PhM » 30 Oct 2014, 10:31

Small update for my previous post :

1- it's possible to 'lock' the audio output interface by saving the MPD Conf (not only select another interface) , it's kept after reboot (at least with my hifiberry dac) but the MPD Conf of Rune page don't show the correct choice (UI issue only I think).

2- On CPU load with software volume control and 192-24 files, it's around 17-18 % with leval at 100 and it jump to 20-21% when level it not at 100. This is a very small increase and thus demonstrate than the resampling process it very efficient (New MPD one I guess). I can hear those who will say it's not anymore bit perfect but the CPU load seems to prove that that it's bit perfect when playing a 100 andnot below (which is quite logical). If i'm correct, software controled level is just great cause it convenient and same time bit perfect when playing a 100...

3- Seems it's very very long to change to disabled control level, UI spinning for some minutes .... so there is probably something wrong, but it's possible just be patient ! :)
With volume control disabled, the CPU load is around 17-18 % with the same file (192-24) wich seems confirm that software control is really bitperfect at level 100

Guys, I have a small suggestion. I use two RPI, one with the hifiberry dac in office and another with USB connection to a TEAC UD-501 for my main system. I changeg the hostname of one through the UI and its just working fine !
My suggestion is to make the host name visible somewhere in the UI since the URL is not visible any more when using a chrome application link :)
My best suggestion would be to use the title tag for that, so that would be visible (and not intrusive) in the window title bar.
PhM

Postby ACX » 30 Oct 2014, 10:51

PhM wrote:My best suggestion would be to use the title tag for that, so that would be visible (and not intrusive) in the window title bar.

This is a good suggestion and easy to implement, thank you!
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby AudioS » 30 Oct 2014, 10:54

Yes, same in my setup.
When I change something in "General music daemon options" and click "Save and Apply", Rune stop working and "connecting" in infinity.
AudioS

Postby Aquarius » 30 Oct 2014, 11:12

AudioS wrote:Yes, same in my setup.
When I change something in "General music daemon options" and click "Save and Apply", Rune stop working and "connecting" in infinity.

I had a couple of those. I just rebooted in ssh and saw that the settings were saved and applied. You don't touch those settings often so it should be a minor inconvenience.
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

Postby PhM » 30 Oct 2014, 11:18

Aquarius wrote:
AudioS wrote:Yes, same in my setup.

I had a couple of those. I just rebooted in ssh and saw that the settings were saved and applied. You don't touch those settings often so it should be a minor inconvenience.

I confirm, just connect in SSH (user : root, password : rune) and send a 'shutdown -r now' command.

Agreed, this should be a a really minor inconvenience as long you can connect in SSH ;) which can be like Javanese language for some people.
PhM

Postby challenge » 30 Oct 2014, 11:37

Fresh install on raspy B+ with Iqaudio pidac+.

the good stuff:
- hardware volume control works on my iqaudio pidac+
- local cover art to mpdroid works (mpdroid settings here: http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/cover-display-t122-10.html#p2310 )
- static ip wifi works (tried only wep) on edimax EW-7811Un, just setting it from the ui (after the first ethernet connection).
- it feels that it boots and connects faster to wifi than what was using before (v*****o), 40? seconds from cold and I can already access the UI and internet
- UI feels more polished and faster than v...
- web radio work.
- at every boot it always uses the pidac+(per settings) and it remembers the alsamixer volume from the previous session (GOOD)
- changing outputs on the fly from mpdroid works (you have just to stop and resume the current playing song)
- also I have the auto library update on, no problems.
- sound seems good for the little time I tried it.

the weird ones:

1) The interface, in MPD settings, sometime shows "RaspberryPi Analog Out" after reboots even if I'm playing from the pidac+, but I think it's an interface bug.
the settings are saved but the interface shows the defaults and not what's set to?

2) I just had "spinning wheel, connecting..." while applying some mpd settings(volume hardware control to disable), ui became unreachable by wifi and also mpdroid wasn't able to connect. But I was able to ssh via wifi :roll: .
I was able to ssh and ping google, ssh worked... so weird stuff.
I waited 5 minutes, it was still spinning and unreachable, so I powered it off. Weirdly rebooting from ssh didn't work, something was holding it from rebooting but I had no ethernet cable nor monitor to see.
After the forced reset, the settings were the one I saved. So it saved the settings but the UI crashed.

3) 24/192 some stutters as soon I do something else on the pi, top says mpd at 75-80% cpu while playing those (5500+ kbps files)
This on both hardware and disabled volume control.
If I ssh while it's playing 24/192 @5500+kbps, I get a stutter exactly at the moment I login, like it's topping out the cpu or something.

It was just a short listening session, I'll report more after a few days of use.
Issues aside, top work guys, thanks for it, major improvement over previous versions.
challenge

Postby Chanh » 30 Oct 2014, 11:59

Hi Andrea,

Many thanks to you and the team effort for this beta release!
Overall, the RuneUI works great for me, responsive and very user friendly. I liked the NAS mount, very simple and seemlessly work without any IT attribute. Based on my DAC, I experience no sound when using
Linux kernel 3.12.26-1 ARCH [RuneAudio v0.3-beta]
. When I switch back to
Linux kernel 3.12.19-2 RUNE [RuneAudio v0.3-alpha]
, the sound comes back. This was tested on all Hiberry DACs, under setting and MPD. Probably reported earlier, but reboot and shutdown take much longer than the alpha version.

If anyone know how to resolve this issue please share? For the time being, I could not ask for more with new RuneIU and
Linux kernel 3.12.19-2 RUNE [RuneAudio v0.3-alpha]

Many thanks again!
Chanh
Chanh

Postby asturnauta » 30 Oct 2014, 12:20

Static IP over ethernet connection is not working for me.
I configure eth0 with static IP with network optin in menu but after reboot raspi is not connected and it is not possible ping with terminal (connection is unreachable).

Regards.
asturnauta

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi