RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RuneAudio 0.3-beta for Raspberry Pi

Postby sykodad » 29 Oct 2014, 22:09

Today, I upgraded from Runeaudio 0.3 alpha to 0.3 beta. Unfortunately, there are two issues on my setup:

The first one also existed in 0.3 alpha. When selecting my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ as the output and rebooting the system, the settings keeps reverting to the Raspberry Pi Analogue Output.

The second one is that if I set a static ip address, the system has no network connectivity after reboot. Ifconfig does not show any ip address for the wired ethernet interface, although it is listed on dmesg and lsusb. Sticking to a dynamic ip address causes no problems. 0.3 alpha didn't show this behavior.

Edit: seems to have something to do with wpa_supplicant:

Code: Select all
systemd[1]: wa_supplicant@eth0.service: main process exited,  code=exited, status=255/n/a
systemd[1]: Unit wpa_supplicant@eth0.service entered failed state

TIA,

Jan
Last edited by sykodad on 29 Oct 2014, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
sykodad

Postby PurplePerson » 29 Oct 2014, 22:15

I'm loving the new release and fortunately haven't had any problems so far. The DLNA renderer with the Openhome queue/playlist is working fantastically. I just love having a shared playlist/queue available from whatever device you want, and using BubbleUPnP to stream music from Google Play Music and Dropbox has worked well. It hasn't missed a beat... hope I haven't cursed myself. :D
PurplePerson

Postby dryce » 29 Oct 2014, 22:38

sykodad wrote:Today, I upgraded from Runeaudio 0.3 alpha to 0.3 beta. Unfortunately, there are two issues on my setup:

The first one also existed in 0.3 alpha. When selecting my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ as the output and rebooting the system, the settings keeps reverting to the Raspberry Pi Analogue Output.

The second one is that if I set a static ip address, the system has no network connectivity after reboot. Ifconfig does not show any ip address for the wired ethernet interface, although it is listed on dmesg and lsusb. Sticking to a dynamic ip address causes no problems. 0.3 alpha didn't show this behavior.

Edit: seems to have something to do with wpa_supplicant:

Code: Select all
systemd[1]: wa_supplicant@eth0.service: main process exited,  code=exited, status=255/n/a
systemd[1]: Unit wpa_supplicant@eth0.service entered failed state

TIA,

Jan

I can confirm this as well.
dryce

Postby Peter » 29 Oct 2014, 23:04

Bumpy ride.....

Well what can I say, the implementation of features is quite great! I do however run into some trouble that is hard to debug (can't use the webinterface during my problems..). I have until now seen MPD lock up (spinning connect on the webinterface) more often then ever before (I used the apha since release and it has never caused trouble once.). Simpy changing tracks can cause it, moving through the webinterface, but especially when changing settings for MPD.

I can still log in through SSH, but issueing the reboot command has it lock up completely. Once I killed mpd with -9 and after that it did reboot normally. Conclusion that MPD tends to get stuck really bad and holds back everything.

+1.

24/192 still stutters. I tried upping the buffer, and buffer percentage in MPD, and then the spinning arrow... Now won't boot. Guess fresh install is called for again.

+1
Peter

Postby amadeus74 » 29 Oct 2014, 23:20

Hi to all.

I'm having problem with 0.3 beta:

* with my configuration ( Odac with Raspberry Pi B+ ) both the hardware volume and the software volume are not functioning; stay at 100%.
Same if I utilize Mpdroid for control Runeaudio

* same as others members, when I change configuration to MPD, MPD lock the UI and the only manner for unfreeze the system is to unplug the Raspberry and power on.

One thing on the positive side: the fetching of the cover in local folders.

This is my debug:

http://pastebin.com/nzgFqEe1

Thanks for suggestions

edit: If I stop Runeaudio and restart, MPD switch automatically to software volume, and the volume is functioning. But if I change a setting in MPD, the volume stop to function.

Another problem: on Android, I can't access to Runeaudio and Runeaudio.local; the only way is to enter the IP addres.
Last edited by amadeus74 on 29 Oct 2014, 23:51, edited 2 times in total.
amadeus74

Postby matt » 29 Oct 2014, 23:31

Rpi B+ with hifiberry DAC+.
I'm not having any playback problems - 24/192 seems fine.
the only issue I have come across so far is -
Whenever I open the UI and when I change tabs via the menu I get a dialogue box popping up asking me " Do you want to install "Runeaudio" from this site (192.168.1.111) ? ". It doesn't seem to affect anything but is very annoying. It could be a windows issue but I didn't get it when using the 0.3 alpha. Im using Windows 7..

Other than that i am very happy with it.
matt

Postby dryce » 29 Oct 2014, 23:38

matt wrote:Rpi B+ with hifiberry DAC+.
I'm not having any playback problems - 24/192 seems fine.
the only issue I have come across so far is -
Whenever I open the UI and when I change tabs via the menu I get a dialogue box popping up asking me " Do you want to install "Runeaudio" from this site (192.168.1.111) ? ". It doesn't seem to affect anything but is very annoying. It could be a windows issue but I didn't get it when using the 0.3 alpha. Im using Windows 7..

Other than that i am very happy with it.

I had this pop up on my Arch box, so it's not a Windows issue. I hit install. I'm not sure what it did. I didn't notice anything different.
dryce

Postby ICLlP » 29 Oct 2014, 23:49

bambadoo wrote:Hi all. New to this forum. Just testing the 0.3 beta.
Got the same issues as described above here.

Me too.
ICLlP

Postby amadeus74 » 29 Oct 2014, 23:50

For the pop-up "problem": the browser ask to make a link to the desktop for a fullscreen page of Runeaudio UI.
So it's not a problem, but a "help" of the browser ( in my case Firefox ).
amadeus74

Postby Dukobpa3 » 30 Oct 2014, 00:06

Great update. Thx guys )
Dukobpa3

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi