Rune doesn't boot, others do

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Rune doesn't boot, others do

Postby thedman! » 15 Dec 2016, 19:16

I feel the answer is on the page here: https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update#root_path-and-boot_path

but I don't understand it to be honest...

I've tried the below in terminal:

sudo ROOT_PATH=/dev/disk5s2 BOOT_PATH=/dev/disk5s1 /Volumes/Storage/Users/Dave/Downloads/rpi-update

but get

*** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
!!! /dev/disk5s2/root doesn't exist - creating
*** Performing self-update
stat: illegal option -- c
usage: stat [-FlLnqrsx] [-f format] [-t timefmt] [file ...]

this means nothing to me!
thedman!

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Dec 2016, 20:57

Hi thedman!,

I have a pi 1 that boots rune... won't that just get the firmware for a pi 1 though??

As i wrote earlier, you have to use a RP2 or RP3.

I feel the answer is on the page here: https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update#ro ... -boot_path

From the link you posted:
This is only intended for use with Raspbian. If you are using a different distribution then check with the maintainers if using rpi-update is safe.

"rp-update" can not be used on Rune Audio, because Rune is based on Arch Linux and not on Raspbian.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Steph38 » 08 Apr 2017, 22:53

Hi,
FYI with different Pi Model B+ versions I observed exactly the same issue as dario (his post dated 13 Dec 2016, 23:52 is reminded below) : depending on the model, "RuneAudio_rpi_0.3-beta_20141029_2GB.img" is working or not (red and green leds stay always on). Exact observation shows a difference in the RAM chip : the Runeaudio working B+ has a Samsung, the not working one an Elpida ...

I tried the suggestion from hondagx35, typing in the following command on the working B+ :
"pacman -Sy --force raspberrypi-firmware raspberrypi-bootloader linux-raspberrypi
sync" But after this, no any of the two B+ work, this time red light is permanently on.

Before I definitively switch to another player (Volumio V1.55, Moode etc...) for my "Elpida B+" is there something to do ?
I would prefer Runeaudio but ...
Thank you, Stéphane

Original post from Dario mentioned before :
"Hi,
I have a similar problem with one Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1.2 (2014) board.
RuneAudio doesn't boot, the red and green leds stay always on.
Booting Raspbian on the same Pi with another sd card is ok.
Booting RuneAudio from the same sd card into another Raspberry Pi B+ V1.2 (2014) is ok (!).
I've tried with two sd cards (different brand): same result.
Connected a hdmi monitor: no log.
The card was formatted via SDFormatter (MS Windows) as BOOT disk and the image was written via Win32DiskImager.
The image file is "RuneAudio_rpi_0.3-beta_20141029_2GB.img".

Thanks for any suggestion,
dario"
Steph38

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi