RPi 3 B+

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: RPi 3 B+

Postby GRUPP » 27 Aug 2018, 00:35

tml3nr wrote:
GRUPP wrote:Hi all,

Total Noob here. "Built" my first Raspbery Pi device by connecting a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board to a HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO. I installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD inserted into a USB card reader.

The boot is failing. Nothing displays on the monitor I've connected to the HDMI port. The red light on the Raspberry Pi is steady and the green light is displaying a series of 3 flashes. According to a post I found elsewhere, this indicates that start.elf cannot be found. Any suggestions?

--Rick

Please try some or these steps:

- Download image again
- Flash to another SD card
- Change to another power supply
- Test with only RPi, without any DAC or other device
- Try to access webui on your browser.

Apologies, tml3nr. I accidentally skipped over your message yesterday. I've tried everything on your list except the new power supply and testing on the RPi alone. I'll try those tomorrow. Thanks for your advice!

--Rick
GRUPP

Postby tml3nr » 27 Aug 2018, 01:09

GRUPP wrote:
tml3nr wrote:
GRUPP wrote:Hi all,

Total Noob here. "Built" my first Raspbery Pi device by connecting a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board to a HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO. I installed tml3nr's build of RuneAudio onto an 8GB Class 4 SD inserted into a USB card reader.

The boot is failing. Nothing displays on the monitor I've connected to the HDMI port. The red light on the Raspberry Pi is steady and the green light is displaying a series of 3 flashes. According to a post I found elsewhere, this indicates that start.elf cannot be found. Any suggestions?

--Rick

Please try some or these steps:

- Download image again
- Flash to another SD card
- Change to another power supply
- Test with only RPi, without any DAC or other device
- Try to access webui on your browser.

Apologies, tml3nr. I accidentally skipped over your message yesterday. I've tried everything on your list except the new power supply and testing on the RPi alone. I'll try those tomorrow. Thanks for your advice!

--Rick

i have just added my rar checksum:

post25463.html#p25463

Finally, if it's still not works. Test your RPi with lastest Raspbian.
tml3nr

Postby memi0 » 03 Sep 2018, 13:37

tml3nr wrote:
memi0 wrote:Hi, newbie here.. anybody who managed to make it run on RPi 3 B+ would be so kind to upload an image file?
So I would be able to test it on my RPi 3 B+ too. :) Thanks!

IMG file from my post:

rpi-3-b-t6393.html#p25369

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ic252lrdf ... tml3nr.rar

Mirror:

https://www.fshare.vn/file/GWYV887Z5EB3

Checksum:

Code: Select all
File: RuneAudio_0.4_20180629_SC_Pi3B_Plus_v3_tml3nr.rar
CRC-32: cf9650f4
MD4: 6e5f0d3e481a6bba45b39929ae031365
MD5: ac9feadd693cdbb4dcee8d944172a43c
SHA-1: 1bb4d05ed651867b0732ad0439b10a2a98a29ccb

Thank you a lot tml3nr! I read the message just now, I'm downloading the image, I will check it out.
Thanks again! :)
memi0

Postby GRUPP » 10 Sep 2018, 04:51

Hi all. Just wanted to follow up to say I figured out the issue. I did mention I'm a noob to Raspberry Pi, didn't I? ;) Well, it turns out the problem is that I was trying to read the image off of an SD card that I had inserted into a card reader connected to the Raspberry Pi by USB. It was only when talking to a friend the other day that I realized that the USB port was probably not functional until after the OS was loaded. So I ran out and picked up a microSD card, put the image on there, and it loaded up first try. Don't know why that didn't occur to me before. Anyway, thanks for everyone's support. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to actually playing around with the set-up, hooking it to my amp, etc. Thanks again!
GRUPP

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi