RPI 2 and Synology NFS Share

Raspberry Pi related support

RPI 2 and Synology NFS Share

Postby alienbob » 28 May 2015, 21:21

Hi,

I've recently got an RPI2 and the IQaudIO DAC+ with a Synology DS215j with my music on. I‘ve also got an original RPI with a Wolfson DAC connected to the same network from which I have been happily listening to my music from the Synology.

With the RPI2 I can mount the share no problem (green tick in against the mount) but I can't see the contents of the share on the NAS when I look in the library. Opening the javascript console in Chrome and running
Code: Select all
getDB({path: 'NAS'});
returns undefined.

Looking at the CLI I can see the share mounted under
Code: Select all
mnt/MPD/NAS/nas/
and if I issue showmout -e I can see the IP address of both RPIs permitted.

When I try to list the contents of the directory I get permission denied.

On the Synology I have NFS permissions set as per the other posts around this subject, e.g. Hostname: 192.168.178.0/24 Privilege: Read Only Squash : Map All Users To admin, Security : sys (incidentally when I set the Squash to: No Mapping I can "ls" the directory contents...)

While I have been changing the setting on the Synology this has affected the RPI 1's ability to display the library contents which is a little annoying. This doesn't appear to be a problem with the Pi's accessing the share per se, I can use Bubble UPnP to play music on both devices so it's just about the display of the contents as far as I can tell (despite not being able to "ls" the share!

Anybody got any further thoughts on this?
alienbob

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi