Restore from Backup doesnt seem to work

Please report any bug found here

Restore from Backup doesnt seem to work

Postby RB0135 » 01 Sep 2016, 01:43

Hi All,

I am using Version 0.4 and backed up the Settings under the Settings Tab as I decided to use a smaller SD card (I was using a 16GB card as an interim and went and bought some 4GB cards).

I then re-flashed the new 4GB with the Rune image (same one) and set about browsing to runeaudio.local.

I went to the bottom of the settings page and selected the "Restore Player Config" option, clicked Browse, picked the backup file (which put a green tick and the file name next to the browse button. I clicked UPLOAD, the runeaudio webpage showed the spinning busy icon, then it refreshed back to the Settings page.

However, nothing had been restored. It still had all settings as per a fresh install. All the network settings were default, no playlists loaded, etc, etc.

I looked at the backup file and all data is there.

I SSH'd to the Raspeberry and looked at the directories compared to the backup file (such as mpd/playlists) and either the settings were still original (compared to the backup) or nothing was there (such as the playlists weren't restored).

I tried to search for FAQ on backup/restore but cant find any info (probably didn't look correctly).

Have I missed a step or something?

Thanks,\Rob
#1 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Technics SU-V550 (RCA)
#2 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DIGI+ (Transformer version), Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Sony STR-DA5400ES (Coax)
RB0135

Re: Restore from Backup doesnt seem to work

Postby hondagx35 » 01 Sep 2016, 20:28

Hi Rob,

However, nothing had been restored.

The backup function is not fully implemented yet.
I will ask the devs for the reason.
At the moment we have to live with it as it is, sorry.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Restore from Backup doesnt seem to work

Postby RB0135 » 02 Sep 2016, 00:01

Thanks Frank.

I thought it might have been me.

Why put the feature in if it isn't actually working yet?

I suppose I could manually "restore" the settings from the files contained in the backup.

Thanks again.
#1 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Technics SU-V550 (RCA)
#2 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DIGI+ (Transformer version), Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Sony STR-DA5400ES (Coax)
RB0135

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report