Raspi3 HifiBerry DAC+ - left right channel swaping/switching

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Raspi3 HifiBerry DAC+ - left right channel swaping/switc

Postby Spiralgalaxy5 » 03 Jan 2017, 21:08

I had a look on GitHub (issues) but couldn't see anything about left/right channel swap when Rune is used on a RPi3 and because I don't know enough / I'm not a programmer, I didn't feel qualified to raise an issue about it. Presumably it is not a bug in Rune as such but is an effect of using the "old" 32-bit kernel...? The issue must be well understood by the software engineers and architects of this project and I guess there will be no further updates to Rune before the Arch Linux base becomes a better fit with the RPi3..? I'm very happy with my beta & patches anyway :-) Tim
Spiralgalaxy5

Postby Igor » 24 Jan 2017, 11:48

I have Raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry DAC+ pro. I tried using Volumio, Runeaudio and moode audio, and rune sounds best for me.
There is just this bug of channel swapping that makes me choose moode for now. I know there's a way to solve it, but it's too complicated for me, I've never done anything in Linux. So I'll be using moode until a new version of rune comes out without this bug.
Hopefully anyone can tell when new version of rune audio will be available for download?
Raspberry pi 3b - hifiberry dac plus pro
Igor

Postby Blackfear » 25 Jan 2017, 14:51

Igor wrote:I have Raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry DAC+ pro. I tried using Volumio, Runeaudio and moode audio, and rune sounds best for me.
There is just this bug of channel swapping that makes me choose moode for now. I know there's a way to solve it, but it's too complicated for me, I've never done anything in Linux. So I'll be using moode until a new version of rune comes out without this bug.
Hopefully anyone can tell when new version of rune audio will be available for download?

Hello, i was also beginner regarding anything in Linux, but this swapping pissed me because i wanted to stay with rune for the best SQ onto Rpi3 with mamboberry LS and kali reclocker, so I tried procedure which was mentioned here by hondagx35 (please take care that there are some small changes in Pacman..) for first no success still problems with downloading datas from servers so after searching i had to updated mirrorlist for your or near region (i had to choose germany...) see

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/mirrors

after this step, everything have been downloaded and i have updated kernel and firmare, also dont forget to RESIZE SD partition before any update process if you have not enough space !!
I think that maximally you spent half and hour with all procedures...
Do you have access to your console via program SSH (Putty) to log into your device to put necessary commands step by step
as it is mentioned by Honda here on RuneAudio forum :

raspi3-hifiberry-dac-left-right-channel-switching-t3486-10.html

Regards

Vita
Blackfear

Postby Igor » 27 Jan 2017, 12:25

@Blackfear

Thanks for your effort, but I guess my knowledge is too poor to understand what you're saying.
I also read Honda's guide, but it was too complicated for me.

Anyway, thanks, I guess new version of Rune will be out soon.
Igor

Postby Blackfear » 27 Jan 2017, 16:16

Igor wrote:@Blackfear

Thanks for your effort, but I guess my knowledge is too poor to understand what you're saying.
I also read Honda's guide, but it was too complicated for me.

Anyway, thanks, I guess new version of Rune will be out soon.

Hi Igor, I faced the same situation, at least try this:

You need only two things:

Get into you rasperry operation system / to see you your ssd card, simply said what is physically accessible /file loaded onto your card as windows system...:
1. download application WinScp, run, fill your IP device adress, fill your username: root, password: rune
and enter, you should get access to you rapsberry root file system (similar as into total commander...), you need this for file access/edit (boot/config.txt, and other files if necessary)
2. download application Putty, load and again fill your IP device adress (same as above) , fill/mark off SSH and enter, you shoul get access
into console of your device under RuneAudio program/sytem, fill again username: root, password: rune, and now you can type necessary commands as in DOS system if you understand me.

Try this and let me know if it will work. If yes you can try step by step procedure for updating firmware and kernel which is mentioned in this topic and elsewhere on rune forum. But also find your mirrolist file (after WinScp and you can see root files/directory of your device...) to avoid any future problems with downloading datas...
then resize your card if necessary before any downloading (kernel and others files), mentioned steps here on RuneForum work for me...

Regards

Vita
Blackfear

Postby Igor » 30 Jan 2017, 20:13

Right now I have only one sd card. So in order to install rune again and experiment with repairs, I must delete moode audio.
I'm not gonna do that, I choose to wait for new version of rune audio.

Regards,
Igor
Igor

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi