Raspberry pie 3B+

Raspberry Pi related support

Raspberry pie 3B+

Postby andre_chang » 30 Jan 2019, 08:33

Does RUNE currently have a 3B + version?
I can't run on 3B + with 3B version of RUNE.
andre_chang

Re: Raspberry pie 3B+

Postby janui » 30 Jan 2019, 11:13

Hallo andre_chang,
See this post for a version which runs on a Pi 3B+ : runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 31 Jan 2019, 04:54

janui wrote:Hallo andre_chang,
See this post for a version which runs on a Pi 3B+ : runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819
janui

hi janui:

there are some problems with this img.
When pi3b accesses the HDMI display to watch the boot process, it finds that..
Halfway through the boot, a line appears on the screen of 7:
(1 of 2) A start job is running for vices-wlan 1.device (59s/1min 30s)
(2 of 2) A start job is running for dev-sda1. device (1min / 1min 30s)
It's a long time to start up!....

When the boot is completed, the browser will display:
RuneAudio is starting-up The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable Please try again later
At this time... SSH can log in!
htop monitoring CPU usage load is very small! But browsers are prone to loops.
And the second browser can't connect. It's very slow. It's almost blocked.

Andre
andre_chang

Postby janui » 31 Jan 2019, 10:52

Hallo andre_chang,
These symptoms are generally seen when an error has occurred when downloading the image or when burning your Micro-SD card.
Could you first confirm that the SHA-256 checksum for your download is correct. If this is fine please try creating your Micro-SD card again.
If the problems persist please post the output of the following commands:
Code: Select all
cat /proc/mounts
cat /boot/cmdline.txt
pstree
systemctl status php-fpm
systemctl status rune_PL_wrk
systemctl status rune_SY_wrk
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 31 Jan 2019, 21:41

Hello janui
I bought a new PI3B + and used RuneOs: Experimental Beta 0.5 20180903
RuneUI: 0.5B (gearhead) version + SANDISK 8G SD card...
SHA-256 is validated!

Browser operation enters MENU function very slowly. Each function waits for response for at least 3 minutes.

0.5 This version of user feedback is very good, there is a certain degree of stability. It should not be like this!
Please help me find out the reason.

The same problem exists on PI3B hardware (~>_<~)
Attachments
3-php-fpm.png
3-php-fpm.png (36.11 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
2-mounts.png
2-mounts.png (86.29 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
1-cmdline.png
1-cmdline.png (14.97 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
andre_chang

Postby andre_chang » 31 Jan 2019, 21:51

to janui:
Attachments
6-sy_wrk.png
6-sy_wrk.png (25.74 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
5-pstree.png
5-pstree.png (25.55 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
4-pl_wrk.png
4-pl_wrk.png (26.69 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
andre_chang

Postby janui » 01 Feb 2019, 10:21

Hi andre_chang,
All the diagnostics look fine, thanks for posting all the information. It looks like you have this problem: post26474.html?hilit=freeze#p26474
You can solve it by running these commands via SSH:
chown root.root /srv/http/command/lyric.sh
chown root.root /srv/http/command/artist_info.sh
chmod 600 /srv/http/command/lyric.sh
chmod 600 /srv/http/command/artist_info.sh
The slow UI problem should disappear immediately.
The latest patch version for 0.5b will fix this problem automatically. To upgrade, connect to internet then run the following commands via SSH:
rm -f /var/www/command/mpd-watchdog
cd /srv/http/
git config user.email "any@body.com"
git config user.name "anybody"
git stash
git add .
git pull
git stash
cd /home
You could get some warning or error messages, these are generally OK, only the git pull command must run without errors. Then reboot using the following commands via SSH:
/srv/http/command/rune_shutdown
reboot
janui
janui

Postby andre_chang » 01 Feb 2019, 14:47

Hi janui:
Thank you very much!
Rune 0.5 is fast!
There are a few more questions:
Question A:
Can't this version be corrected by gitpull from http://runeaudio/dev? I found that gitpull is not available... It seems that you can't update the new revisions you will publish in the future.

Question B:
PI3B + HDMI boot appears start.. This picture will continue. Even if the boot has been completed.. The picture will continue.. Is this normal?

Question C: After booting, the browser will always display Please try again later. No matter how the browser refreshes, it will take about 3 minutes to work properly. Is there any way to speed up the boot?

Question D: After the browser shuts down, I find that the HDMI screen is still on display and SSH can continue to log in. It will take three minutes for HDMI to display SHUTDOWN. And the shutdown will be completed soon. Is this BUG? Is there any way to speed up the shutdown?

Question E: Most of the time I use only LAN, not Internet. So I hope I can shield Rune from accessing any data from Internet connection. Even time synchronization. No Internet does not affect the basic functions of the player. If you can, please tell me how to shield the relevant background operation.

PS. This version works faster than PI3B + 0.4 when it's turned on. But I have to use it. Because it can output 384KHZ on I2S, which is very important to me! And I never want to use other platforms! RUNE I used for 3 years... His simplicity and operating habits. No playback system can match..

Thank you again for Janui's technical support and the hard work of the rune team. All these efforts are invaluable. Thank you.

Andre
Attachments
gitpull.png
gitpull.png (26.52 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
waiting.JPG
waiting.JPG (166.32 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
starting.jpg
starting.jpg (89.12 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
andre_chang

Postby janui » 01 Feb 2019, 15:38

Hi andre_chang,
andre_chang wrote:Question A: Can't this version be corrected by gitpull from http://runeaudio/dev? I found that gitpull is not available... It seems that you can't update the new revisions you will publish in the future.
The instructions in my previous post will upgrade the player. An alternative is to use the git pull feature in the /dev UI. To use this you first need to switch Dev Mode ON, click on SAVE SETTINGS and then refresh the screen. We will continue to use the 0.5b git branch to post updates.
andre_chang wrote:Question B: PI3B + HDMI boot appears start.. This picture will continue. Even if the boot has been completed.. The picture will continue.. Is this normal?
Yes, this is normal. After you have upgraded, the Local browser can be switched ON or OFF in the Settings UI. After switching this ON and then OFF the boot splash screen will also be on or off depending on of the Local browser setting.
andre_chang wrote:Question C: After booting, the browser will always display Please try again later. No matter how the browser refreshes, it will take about 3 minutes to work properly. Is there any way to speed up the boot?
The upgrade will improve boot time to just under 30 seconds, even with no internet connection.
andre_chang wrote:Question D: After the browser shuts down, I find that the HDMI screen is still on display and SSH can continue to log in. It will take three minutes for HDMI to display SHUTDOWN. And the shutdown will be completed soon. Is this BUG? Is there any way to speed up the shutdown?
Possibly a bug, please retest after upgrading.
andre_chang wrote:Question E: Most of the time I use only LAN, not Internet. So I hope I can shield Rune from accessing any data from Internet connection. Even time synchronization. No Internet does not affect the basic functions of the player. If you can, please tell me how to shield the relevant background operation.
Rune will use internet if it is available for the following functions: time synchronisation, lyrics, artist info and album art (when no album art not present in the MPD library). I do not know of a simple way to exclude internet while retaining access to the LAN. After upgrading, the player will work correctly when an internet connection is not available or removed. When an internet connection is restored it will be detected and be used.
janui
janui

Postby MarmiteSandwich » 01 Feb 2019, 18:18

I am trying to upgrade from RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img to today's 20180903_runeaudio_rpiB2.img (v7?), and I am getting the "temporarily unavailable" screen in Chrome/Windows10. I can ping the IP address and I can SSH into the device, but cannot browse and there is no UPnP renderer showing up in my UPnP control. My use case is purely as a UPnP renderer.

I tried the above recommendations, but there were errors, including on the git pull, and no change after reboot. The temporarily unavailable screen has been showing for about half an hour now.

Pi is a 3B with only USB audio connection - no HDMI. Ethernet connection to fixed IP. No other connections/mods.

Any suggestions welcome.
Marmite
Edit: tried the git pull from SSH and got this:
root@runeaudio(rw):~# cd /var/www
root@runeaudio(rw):/var/www# git pull
/usr/lib/git-core/git-remote-https: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libunistring.so.2: invalid ELF header

2nd Edit: I reflashed the SD card and re-entered the git pull commands and it fixed it.
Last edited by MarmiteSandwich on 01 Feb 2019, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Music>iTunes>Minimserver>BubbleUPnP>RasPi3BMPD>
CambridgeAudioDACMagic>CyrusIIIi>Mission752>MyEars
MarmiteSandwich

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Next

Return to Raspberry Pi