~qn command line killer

Raspberry Pi related support

~qn command line killer

Postby holon » 25 Feb 2018, 19:25

Hi, all. I was running Rune v.03-beta on my RPi 3b. Now I'm running a paperweight with a lot of potential in a shoe box. I tried to use Putty to install the RuneAudio Addons Menu at https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio_Addons. I entered the first command line as it's shown below. This screen shot is from the RuneAudio Addons Menu thread that the developer posted here on the RuneAudio forum.

After I entered the command, I got the following back.

Any advice on where I went wrong? Any is appreciated. Have an awesome day.
holon

Re: ~qn command line killer

Postby andfor » 25 Feb 2018, 20:56

Hi,

You seem to have use a tilde '~' instead of a hyphen '-'. It should be '-qN' not '~qN'

If you go to this thread on the forum: addons-menu-install-addons-the-easy-way-t5370.html the code you require for command line is there for you to copy/paste.

Hope this helps.
andfor

Re: ~qn command line killer

Postby andfor » 25 Feb 2018, 22:30

However.... looking at the wget options, omitting '-qN' won't matter for a first-time download. The option 'q' just turns off the command-line output. And 'N' is to do with file timestamps, which only matters if you are replacing older files with updated ones.

As you have managed to download the install script anyway, I think you can just go ahead and execute the other two commands:
Code: Select all
chmod +x install.sh;
./install.sh
andfor

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi