Problem with UPnP/DLNA Uncompressed (non mp3)

Raspberry Pi related support

Problem with UPnP/DLNA Uncompressed (non mp3)

Postby christo4 » 08 May 2017, 01:52

Here's what I want to do: lookup any song in Spotify and play it through my RPi2 (w/ iquaudio Dac+). The best way I have found to do this is to use UPnP/DLNA with the spotify app on my laptop. Anyway, the UPnP/DLNA only works if I use an app that compresses the audio into mp3 before streaming. I have tried both "Stream What You Hear" and Jamcast, and neither would work unless I told it to broadcast the audio as an mp3. I got better results with Jamcast, incidentally, using this method (but the latest version seems to no longer support this). Both applications also allow "bit-perfect" streaming, which of course, would be preferable. But when I select these options, Runeaudio shows the appropriate source (e.g. Virtual Soundcard, Jamcast), but I cannot hear the output. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? And while we are on the topic, will RuneAudio ever be able to search for music on Spotify or Youtube that isn't in a playlist (like PiMusicbox does)?
christo4

Re: Problem with UPnP/DLNA Uncompressed (non mp3)

Postby maltone » 27 Jun 2017, 11:09

Same here, but with a basic configuration on RPi3 (no DAC, trying to do some tests on headphones 3.5 jack).
I can stream laptop audio mp3 maximum quality from SWYH but no PCM and Jamcast doesn't work at all.
maltone

Re: Problem with UPnP/DLNA Uncompressed (non mp3)

Postby dror » 02 Jul 2017, 08:18

Hi
From what I know, SWYH is not bit perfect at all

http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/forums ... post-11873

Dror
dror

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi