Getting ready to piece together my first player

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

Getting ready to piece together my first player

Postby DarkAges2003 » 20 Feb 2019, 12:50

My stereo and computer are located in different parts of the house and i don't have a working laptop so i am wanting to build a HiFi player to hook up to my stereo receiver. I have ripped and converted about 8000 songs from CD to FLAC format on my PC. Here is a list of parts i am wanting to buy but i would like some experienced advice given this is my first attempt.

Raspberry pi 3 b+ with 2.5a power supply

HFiBerry DAC+ pro

Official Raspberry Pi 3.3190G 7" Touchscreen

SmartiPi Touch case for The Official Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen Display with a small SmartiPi Touch back cover for the HiFiBerry HAT

Samsung 32GB 95MB/s (U1) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter ( For Installing Rune Audio OS )

Samsung MUF-256AB/AM FIT Plus 256GB - 300MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive ( For Storing FLAC files on the player? )

I assume the player will play files straight from the USB flash drive while in the raspberry's port running Rune Audio from the MiIcroSD?
I will sometimes be using my phone to remotely select and play files but will normally use the touchscreen.
I will also use the following video as a guide for some of the build once i feel comfortable enough.
https://youtu.be/W-iTRMLJosc
Any other guides that would help i would be grateful. Thank you all in advance for any input!
DarkAges2003

Re: Getting ready to piece together my first player

Postby DannyB » 03 Apr 2020, 19:15

Hi, I can confirm that with Rune it plays files from local storage. When you press Settings, you will se the first option as MPD, and nect to it is a button which looks like books inside a small circle. Pressing this will create a library from the local storage.
I am running a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD, works perfect

Danny
DannyB

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to DIY and tweaks