Raspberry pi installation problems

Raspberry Pi related support

Raspberry pi installation problems

Postby audioeng123 » 14 Jan 2019, 20:52

Hello all,

I have a raspberry pi 1 B+ that I'd like to install rune audio onto, however I am running into problems when installing it. I downloaded the latest image of rune audio for the B+, flashed an SD card up using etcher (also tried with win32discimager) and all I get upon powering up the rpi is a blank screen with the ACT light on the pi solidly lit. I have tried all of the older versions of rune audio and still have no luck at all. I have ruled out the SD card and the pi itself by installing NOOBS onto it which works absolutely fine so I'm feeling quite stumped by this one as you can imagine! Any suggestions on what to try next would be great. Thanks :D
audioeng123

Re: Raspberry pi installation problems

Postby eea123 » 16 Jan 2019, 12:27

Sounds like you checked on the PI 1 specs versus the Rune version you trying to use? I'm using a PI 2 B and it was 100% my first time ever using a Raspberry PI with all of the flashing the SD steps, … I was totally in the dark and it did take a reboot or two to get everything working. Others on this forum were of great help. I won't try to claim anymore knowledge than that :).
eea123

Re: Raspberry pi installation problems

Postby janui » 16 Jan 2019, 17:41

Hi audioeng123,
audioeng123 wrote:...get upon powering up the rpi is a blank screen with the ACT light on the pi solidly lit...
This is what happens if the wrong image is used or the image is corrupt.
For a Pi 1B+ you need a Pi1 or armv6 image, the Pi2 or armv7 images will not work. Check that you have the correct image.
After downloading the image check the SHA-256 checksum. This will eliminate the possibility that the file is corrupted during the download.
I have a Pi 1B+ and this image here works fine: runeaudio-0-5-beta-for-all-raspberry-pi-models-t6532.html#p25819 This is the image you need: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1axz37xtp ... mg.gz/file
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi