USB storage looks empty, but the USB mount exists

Raspberry Pi related support

USB storage looks empty, but the USB mount exists

Postby lognmk » 10 Oct 2018, 21:50

RuneOs: Experimental Beta 0.5 20180903
RuneUI: 0.5b (gearhead)
Hw-env: RaspberryPi 2 / 3

Hello members,

Just updated to 0.5b version. The installation was smooth and everything works perfectly.

I removed my external HDD and connected to my Windows Laptop to copy some music files to the HDD.

When putting the HDD back to Runeaudio, in the LIBRARY tab, the USB Storage was empty:

USB Storage (0)
no USB storage plugged

But in Sources, I can see the USB mount, I can see the HDD when connected with ssh and also, if I search in the library I can find all music tracks.

I have rebooted the device many times and mannually rebuild the library, without result.

Any help?

Many thanks for the excellent work
lognmk

Re: USB storage looks empty, but the USB mount exists

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 08:40

Hi lognmk,
Could you look in the Debug UI, there is a line in the first section which looks like this:
Build version: janui-20180903-3
If the last number is not a 3 or higher you need to get the latest updates, for instructions see here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... rd-updates. It should fix your problem.
If the number is already a 3 please report back, I will need to look at it in more details.
janui
janui

Postby lognmk » 11 Oct 2018, 09:08

janui wrote:Hi lognmk,
Could you look in the Debug UI, there is a line in the first section which looks like this:
If the last number is not a 3 or higher you need to get the latest updates, for instructions see here: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... rd-updates. It should fix your problem.
If the number is already a 3 please report back, I will need to look at it in more details.
janui

Thank you janui,

The last number is 3 indeed:

Git Branch: 0.5b
HW platform: RaspberryPi (08)
PlayerID: 08cad262c49f154500eae1b22aead63699

I just solved the issue by modifying the privileges (rights) in the mnt/MPD/USB folder from rwxrwx to rwxrwxrwx. Does it make sense?

Thank you
lognmk
lognmk

Postby janui » 11 Oct 2018, 09:44

Thanks lognmk,
lognmk wrote:I just solved the issue by modifying the privileges (rights) in the mnt/MPD/USB folder from rwxrwx to rwxrwxrwx. Does it make sense?
Not sure, I will look into it.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi