Lost Pi on Network

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Lost Pi on Network

Postby andfor » 20 Feb 2018, 13:13

Hi rastus,

Maybe character assassination was a bit of an exaggeration. My apologies.

Just came across as condescending that's all. If you don't want to help then don't help. It's hard enough when you're stuck without being told off.

No offence meant.
andfor

Postby rastus » 20 Feb 2018, 14:06

andfor wrote:Maybe character assassination was a bit of an exaggeration. My apologies.
If you don't want to help then don't help.
No offence meant.

Ahh andfor... no foul, no harm.... GROUP hug! IF I didn't WANT to help, I would NOT have offered to supply my phone number, and a long drive. As to offense, I only mean offense when offense is taken.... but that doesn't mean I won't help, if fox responds.... I'm also a CNE Trainer and Assessor, CCNA, CIS IT Ess.... and a few other letters. LoL. I can fix fox's issue, once... but if he's just going to mess with it again then maybe it's a waste of my time (and yours, as kindly as you seem to be).

EDIT: Anyway, fox is asleep right now, and so should I be.... g'night andfor!
rastus

Postby andfor » 20 Feb 2018, 14:11

Night mate.

Hope you don't have nightmares.....
andfor

Postby foxint » 20 Feb 2018, 21:29

Hi Guys,

I did not mean to cause trouble. I only use the applications on the Pi and I do not “use” the Pi.

Thank you “andfor” for the patience.

The internet is not an issue (I think), but I thought giving some background would be helpful – obviously not.

If anyone is willing to help that is great.

As I said: I use the application (the music) and I have little/no skill in the actual device. For that please accept my apologies.

I did not tinker with the insides of the Pi only I think with what ever RuneAudio allows on the Menu pages. I do not know how to access any other levels.

I will start again.

I think (and without intimate knowledge of the Pi – and I take my hat off to all you guys who love to tinker), I changed the Network configuration via Rune Menu to 192.168.20.1.

• All the PC networking is back to what it was, and I have a new modem and life is almost back to normal.
• The old IP address (last week) was 192.168.1.31, but this is not working.
• As I said when I connect the screen cord I get a frozen Rune Audio with the 2 circles.
• I cannot get into any higher/lower levels to make any adjustments.
??? Is anyone still willing to help an incompetent user??
foxint

Postby andfor » 20 Feb 2018, 23:04

Hello again,

Ok. Changing the network configuration to static IP via the menu will have altered the file I mentioned before. This file now gives the Pi an invalid IP address meaning you can't access it over your network. As Frank said:

If you changed the IP (static) to this you are lost without reflashing, second Linux PC or monitor/keyboard

So if you want to fix this without starting all over again you need to access the file you changed and correct it. Keyboard and monitor is the easiest way to do this.

When you say "connect the screen cord" what do you mean? Is it a touchscreen?
andfor

Postby foxint » 21 Feb 2018, 01:59

Sir

Thank you for keeping the conversation alive. Much appreciated.

What I mean is when I put the screen cord into the back of the monitor and into the Pi, the Rune Music Centre page comes up and I canot do anything. The mouse does not work and I do not have a touch screen..

So I am assuming i will have to start from the beginning...that will be challenging.
foxint

Postby andfor » 21 Feb 2018, 09:45

Hi. No probs. I'm a sucker for punishment. :D

This is the normal boot sequence (taken from the manual, with added emphasis):

1. Red Power LED and green ACT (Activity) LED turn on
2. Red LED stays on, green LED turns off
3. A rainbow splash screen appears on the monitor (if connected)
4. Rainbow screen turns off, text scrolls on the monitor, green SD card activity LED flashes rapidly
5. Linux login prompt appears on the monitor
6. Green LED continues to flash a few seconds while software is loading from the SD card
7. Rune UI can now be invoked in a browser

So what you're saying is happening can't be happening. Unless you've changed a lot more than you say you have.

Just to be clear: you are using a HDMI cable connected to a standalone PC monitor? Nothing else is connected to the monitor? No other equipment is running other than the Pi, the keyboard and the monitor? You don't need a mouse. Get rid of it. You don't need another computer. Turn it off.

If what you are describing still happens under these conditions then you're either the unluckiest person on this forum, or you've changed more than you say you have.

And you have two options: reflash the SD card or set up a Linux OS and access the Rune files with an SD card reader.
andfor

Postby foxint » 21 Feb 2018, 10:21

Andfor

Thank you.

I do not get the normal boot sequence as you have noted.

• HMDI cable to a standalone monitor – yes
• Nothing else aside from the Pi has been connected to the monitor – yes
• Aside from my PC’s no other equipment aside from the Pi and the keyboard – yes
• No computer is connected, or any other cord is connected to the Pi
• I (think) now you have me worried I only changed the one thing in the network or something….

Yes, did it again and I do not get your previous set up page and all I get is the Rune Audio page and nothing happens. The one with the 2 circles…. I tied the mouse and it did not work

I tried to connect via the cat-cable and nothing.

Yes – it seems I am the unluckiest and unloved person on the forum. This Pi stuff is very hard for me. And since I only use it - then fails, and I am not a tinkering person, I forget what to do. I also find the instructions hard.

But let’s see if you can suggest some horrible solutions.

1. re-flash the SD car – yes – no idea
2. set up a Linux OS and access the Rune files with an SD Card reader.

I have no idea what you have suggested.

I normally keep a copy of a file. But I do not know what I need, and it is not in the Pi directory on my PC. So, looks like I can Donald Ducked.

It is the PI2 Media 502 Dac. I remember it was a nightmare to get working.
foxint

Postby andfor » 21 Feb 2018, 10:39

Hi,

One last question that I'm not clear on. When you see "the Rune Audio page and nothing happens. The one with the 2 circles…." is this on the monitor attached to the Pi?

And as I said - no other PCs are needed. No mouse. No Cat6 cables. Nothing else.
Last edited by andfor on 21 Feb 2018, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
andfor

Postby foxint » 21 Feb 2018, 10:41

yes sir,,,,
foxint

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi