Keyboard doesn't work enough to do anything useful

Raspberry Pi related support

Keyboard doesn't work enough to do anything useful

Postby Darthhall » 17 Sep 2017, 17:18

I bought a raspberry pi 3 about a year ago and installed rune. I've never been able to get it to work with any keyboard I tried. I'm not saying it's a Rune issue, because when I tried another distro I had the same issue. I have tried 3 different keyboard/mice combos but I can only get some of the buttons to highlight. I can't select anything or get into any menus. I'm not sure if the RP3 is bad or if there was some initial setup I missed.

I have the hifiberry digi+ board but have tried it without. No change. My kids have basic RP3s that work with Noobs and the keyboard is fine. I could try one of theirs with Rune but thought I should ask here first before I tried swapping hardware.

Thank you,
Darthhall

Re: Keyboard doesn't work enough to do anything useful

Postby hondagx35 » 17 Sep 2017, 21:01

Hi Darthhall,

I've never been able to get it to work with any keyboard I tried.

Rune is an audio player that is designed to work without any physical controls.
It exposes a web interface so it can be controlled from any device on your network (browser).
The local browser that is visible on a locally connected monitor is optimized for touch displays.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Darthhall » 17 Sep 2017, 21:23

Sorry, wrong Rune. The RP3 distro is Roon.

Rune is another thing I'm looking at once I get the RP3 keyboard issue figured out. So this is probably more of a generic Raspberry Pi issue. I thought maybe someone here might have heard or seen something related to my keyboard issue.

Thanks.
Darthhall

Postby Darthhall » 17 Sep 2017, 21:32

Crap. I mixed it up again.

Rune is the distro.
Roon is that other thing I've been looking at.

So I'm confused. When I power up the Pi, I get the Rune interface but I can't go anywhere or set up anything without the keyboard and mouse. So did I screw up the install? I can't get to any settings, so maybe there's a tutorial somewhere that I missed? I thought I followed the steps when I got this a year ago, but I obviously don't know what the heck I'm doing.
Darthhall

Postby hondagx35 » 17 Sep 2017, 22:42

Hi,

again the local display is for touch use only.

From our documentation:
Accessing the RuneUI

You can connect to the RuneUI in several ways:

* (Windows) open the following address in your browser: http://runeaudio or http://runeaudio. (works if an Avahi/Bonjour client is installed) (OSX / Linux / Android) open the following address in your browser: http://runeaudio.local
    * If you cannot connect using the abovementioned addresses, look up the IP address of your device (check your routers DHCP list) and point your browser to it (e.g. http://192.168.1.xxx)
    * (Windows) you should find a new icon under My Network Places, called RuneAudio: double click it to open you the RuneUI in your default browser, or place a shortcut to the RuneUI on your desktop, which can then be double clicked to open the RuneUI.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Darthhall » 18 Sep 2017, 03:15

I'm using a Mac. I don't have a touchscreen on the RP3.

I did some more research and I think where I went wrong is I didn't wire it to my router for setup and a wireless network hasnt been found. Once I actually get past that part I should be able to follow the rest.

Thank you
Darthhall

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi