Port Runeaudio to Odroid C1 (Arm v7)

ODROID related support

Re: Port Runeaudio to Odroid C1 (Arm v7)

Postby ACX » 17 Aug 2015, 23:30

jazzaj wrote:Well, OK... I think I'll have to ask kingwa (AUdio-gd) for the i2s issue with RJ45.

[OT] If you speak with him, please try to convince him to produce his wonderful discrete OPA again! :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Tinitus » 20 Aug 2015, 21:51

Hi All,

for those who absolutely want a case, looking at the pictures of Pi2(B) and C1+ I think any case designed for Pi2(B) should fit the C1+, too. So plenty of choice.

Best Regards

Uwe
Tinitus

Postby jazzaj » 22 Aug 2015, 14:15

ACX wrote:
jazzaj wrote:Well, OK... I think I'll have to ask kingwa (AUdio-gd) for the i2s issue with RJ45.

[OT] If you speak with him, please try to convince him to produce his wonderful discrete OPA again! :)

:(

Kingwa wrote:Dear Christophe,
Sorry we will never produce the OPAs again.
Kingwa
Odroid C1+ (/regulated linear PSU) > Audio-gd NFB-1 (with Amanero384 combo) > Audio-gd Precision 2 > Triangle Lyrr 222
jazzaj

Postby jazzaj » 22 Aug 2015, 14:21

Tinitus wrote:Hi All,

for those who absolutely want a case, looking at the pictures of Pi2(B) and C1+ I think any case designed for Pi2(B) should fit the C1+, too. So plenty of choice.

Best Regards

Uwe

I'd just receive my Odroid C1+ and the old C1 case, it just need some adaptations for the USB-B DC, HDMI port and Jack DC (which has a stupid 0.8mm size ?!?) and voilà. Easy with a cutter or a Dremel.
Odroid C1+ (/regulated linear PSU) > Audio-gd NFB-1 (with Amanero384 combo) > Audio-gd Precision 2 > Triangle Lyrr 222
jazzaj

Postby Cableboy » 23 Aug 2015, 16:30

Hello,

i just received my c1+.

Is the image for testing already avaible?

Best regards

Peter
Cableboy

Postby hondagx35 » 23 Aug 2015, 16:53

Hi Peter,

i hope to get it ready this evening.

Frank

EDIT: it's out
hondagx35

Postby Tinitus » 18 Jan 2016, 23:27

Hi,

posting my problem here, because I do not know where else to post it.

Ihave installed RuneAudio on a 16 GB SD-card (two partitions 1 with Runeaudio 2 in order to save wav files on. I have tried to clone it using dd to create an imgage file and copy this to a second SD card for a second C1 where I want to try new things (pipe out to sox and/or brutefir). I did unmount the card from which I made the image and got no warning that something went wrong. The same for putting the image on the second SD card. Unmounted first and got no warning but the clone does not work, I cannot connect neither when it is connected by LAN nor when I use a wifi dongle. Any ideas? Any alternatives to do the cloning? I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and W7 on my laptop.

Best Regards Uwe
Tinitus

Postby hondagx35 » 19 Jan 2016, 00:03

Hi Uwe,

i think you have missed to copy the bootloader section.

See here at installation.
It is not enough to clone the partions.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Tinitus » 19 Jan 2016, 00:34

Hi Frank,

I did clone the drive sdb as a whole I thought that would also copy the bootloader. I use two different C1s. I inserted the clone into the device I have as a spare. In order to do a cross check I inserted the cloned card into the original C1 and it worked. I then set the fixed ip address to a different value from the original card (in order to be able to run the two C1s in parallel (one for listening to music, one in order to try out the pipe out) and stuck it into the spare C1 again it did not work (no connection and the light of the wifi dongle did not flash). It did connect neither via LAN nor WLAN. I then checked the spare C1 with a Volumio installtion on a third SD card and it worked. So it seems that both C1s are fine (no problem with the hardware). But the cloned card does only work with the C1 from which I took the original RuneAudio installation. May it be that somewhere on the SD card there is information about the MAC address and because the MAC address on the cloned card does not fit the MAC address of the spare C1 I run in this kind of trouble. Maybe I should just install RuneAudio from scratch. Problem is I will then have to redo all the modifications I have done on the installation I already have. On the other hand it might be faster than finding out why the cloned card does not work in a second C1.

Best Regards

Uwe

Thanks for your quick answer to my initial post Have a good night
Tinitus

Postby Tinitus » 19 Jan 2016, 07:12

Hi Frank,

I have got an eMMc in my fstab, I have no eMMc in my spare C1 I will comment the line and try again.

Best Regards

Uwe
Tinitus

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to ODROID