Playlist integration

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Playlist integration

Postby Grundgütiger » 16 Mar 2016, 20:45

Hi,

I would like to ask for a better playlist integration into the Runeaudio GUI. Right now one has to klick the Queue button to find the little playlist symbol. As Runeaudio does not have any kind of music management except of an alphabetical structure (yes I love to bring this up again), I manage many of my music by playlists. It would be grat to find the playlist section behind one of the big buttons in the Library section (I personally don't need Spotify, Dirble and Jamendo).

Thanks!
Grundgütiger

Re: Playlist integration

Postby ACX » 16 Mar 2016, 23:34

Hi Grundgütiger,
This is something that should be quite simple to implement in the new version. Feel free to remind me to do it if I forget it in the very first release :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Grundgütiger » 17 Mar 2016, 21:26

Will do. But it just crossed my mind that I can do this by myself. Shouldn't be too complicated to find the web templates.
Grundgütiger

Postby vulpespersona » 25 Mar 2016, 21:52

I'd second this request. Not sure what the 'web templates' fix is to remedy this that the author of the post found but i agree, playlist editing as-is is a bit too cumbersome to use effectively for the reasons described above.
vulpespersona

Postby ElenemOZ » 21 Jul 2016, 01:12

vulpespersona wrote: playlist editing as-is is a bit too cumbersome to use effectively for the reasons described above.

I'm not sure how to edit a playlist at all. I saved a queue as a playlist. Then later, I went to back to that playlist and clicked "replace the queue." Then I added some more songs. I now wanted to save the playlist with the new songs included. I click save, use the same playlist name and click "save playlist." Later, I go back to the playlist and replace the queue with it again. Now the new songs that were added are no longer there - just the original playlist contents.

Thoughts? Am I doing something wrong, or is saving a playlist a one-time thing?
This is release version: 0.4 (build: beta-20160313)

Thanks!
ElenemOZ

Postby hondagx35 » 21 Jul 2016, 06:31

Hi,

Thoughts? Am I doing something wrong, or is saving a playlist a one-time thing?

Yes it's one-time, or you have to change the name.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby ElenemOZ » 22 Jul 2016, 23:39

Thanks Frank. I decided it was easier to just create the m3u files myself and upload them. Working fine now.
Appreciate the help!
ElenemOZ

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request