PIanobar and Chroot to resolve ffmpeg ver. conflict (solved)

Raspberry Pi related support

PIanobar and Chroot to resolve ffmpeg ver. conflict (solved)

Postby Rune » 24 Nov 2016, 02:53

Greetings all. I am looking to Rune Audio and Pianobar on the same Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately, there is a conflict since Rune audio uses a custom version of ffmpeg.

To resolve this, what would happen if I setup a Chroot environment with these directories and installed pianobar and ffmpeg with pacman?
/usr/lib
/usr/bin
/etc

I am going to give it a test run and see what happens, but wanted to know if there was anything I didn't know due the architecture of ArchLinux and the Alsa sound system.

This would also allow me to keep the Rune Audio system separate from the Pianobar to make upgrading either much easier.

Thank you for spending a minute to think about why this would or wouldn't work.
Rune

Re: PIanobar and Chroot to resolve ffmpeg version conflict

Postby Rune » 24 Nov 2016, 04:55

Ladies and gentleman, you could have been on any website in the world tonight but you chose to be here, so I have an announcement.

Using Chroot, I got pianobar to co-exist peacefully and run in the Rune-Audio Archlinux environment.

I haven't done much testing yet other than basic playback, but it looks good so far. I also ran a separate web instance called Pianobar-Web to control the CLI interface and it works.

The Pi 3 has a lot of noise in the sound signal at low level. How do I clean that up?
Rune

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi